Theme Park thread

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Theme Park thread

Post by a31chris » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Since there isn't one here, I'd like to start one.

I bought this game new in the box. had it for a few months never really touched it because I don't like micromanagement games. But I figured I would get into it give her a run. Quite a lot involved in it according to the manual.

So here is a YouTube link of an hour long video which may give us some gameplay insight...

https://youtu.be/tJo3sDOLJ8Y
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Theme Park thread

Post by a31chris » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 pm

I have not got into playing this yet but watching the attract screens this engine seems to be a bit smoother than Syndicates. Though Theme Park may use Syndicate's engine I think they reworked some subroutines on their second go around.

When as much action happens in Syndicate like I'm seeing in Theme Park's attract screens it seems like Syndicate just slows to a crawl.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 pm

I have been playing this a bit. Now according to some magazine reviews I read there were a couple things that I expected to happen that would be a large part of my Theme Park on the Jaguar experience.

1. Slowdown.
2. Graphical glitches

#2 has been a large part of why I have held off on buying this game. The reviewer made the game sound very broken.

Neither one of these things has happened yet at all. Slow down might happen later as even more stuff is crammed on the screen. But so far no evidence of any slowdown.

I will look online later and see if I can find some Jaguar Theme Park videos that show these problems that were talked about.. But so far this is a very impressive showing compared to Syndicate. This is not what I expected at all.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:36 am

Someone's thoughts on YouTube
This game was almost impossible to make any decent money to go purchase other properties. Making the park large with multiple guests, MURDERED the frame rate. I could get these parks to crawl at like 1 frame every 2-3 seconds.

The reason for this is the AI controlled by the 68000. You could fill the park with rides, shops anything. The thing would never miss a beat, but the second you started getting a large number of people in your park. You might as well turn off the game.
Over use of the 68000, making people turn off games on their Jaguar since 1993.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:23 am

I found one graphical glitch regarding the hedge maze. It acts squirrelly when you try to set it down.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 am

Watching this recent video with this guy and his kids building a park was very relaxing and uplifting.

Also learned a few things.

1. Happiness of Park goers influenced by mascots.

2. Further research lowers prices of rides

https://youtu.be/aTz9PZHfzBw

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Playing in 4-5 year stretches in Sandbox mode. Everything set on easy with only 4 opponents. Still having trouble making a profit..

My basic strategy, Duck shoots at 95% chance to win. Cost of prize $50 less at least then the price to play. Use one ride of each of the mechanical high maintenance rides. Use the majority of low maintenance rides hedge mazes tree fort excetera.

I'm going to try reducing the chance to win a little bit on the duck shoot see if that helps.