Tetsujin Returns

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Post Reply
User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Tetsujin Returns

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:33 pm

I quite like this crude FPS but is there an English version. I've googled but I'm not sure...

User avatar
bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 am

Post by bitrate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return


I like these games too (yes, even the first one), and Defcon 5.

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:33 pm

I know the sequel is technically better, but I've hardly spent any time with it ... and I'm not really sure why (like you 3DOKid, I somehow wound up w/the import in lieu of the English version) The first game is not great ... but scores points for its atmosphere and creepy cut scenes.

Is Defcon 5 very similar to the Iron Angel games? Its a game I've been interested for probably 15 years :lol: No release in these neck of the woods sadly ... I really should just grab the Pal version.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 pm

With Defcon 5 the mistake I made was two fold. Firstly, it looks like Doom, but it's not Doom, it's much more slower and secondly if I had read the damned manual I would have progressed further.

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:28 pm

3DOKid wrote:if I had read the damned manual I would have progressed further.
:lol: I know the feeling.

It's funny ... for as much as I desire and seek out complete games w/manuals and such, I really don't look at them a lot ... until I get stuck.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
Martin III
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 am
Location: United States of America

Post by Martin III » Thu May 30, 2013 1:20 am

Trev wrote:It's funny ... for as much as I desire and seek out complete games w/manuals and such, I really don't look at them a lot ... until I get stuck.
Funny how this happens to be the most recent post in this topic. You see, a copy of the North American version of this game finally popped up on Ebay for a reasonable price, with the long box - but no manual. Now, if the sequel is anything like the original, I won't need one. But I know from Lemmi's graciously contributed scans that the manual for Iron Angel of the Apocalypse is pretty sweet, and given my fondness for that game, I don't like the idea of missing out on a similarly cool manual for The Return.

So, everyone out there with a complete copy of the North American version: Is the manual worth holding out for?

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Thu May 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Martin III wrote:
Trev wrote:It's funny ... for as much as I desire and seek out complete games w/manuals and such, I really don't look at them a lot ... until I get stuck.
Funny how this happens to be the most recent post in this topic. You see, a copy of the North American version of this game finally popped up on evilbay for a reasonable price, with the long box - but no manual. Now, if the sequel is anything like the original, I won't need one. But I know from Lemmi's graciously contributed scans that the manual for Iron Angel of the Apocalypse is pretty sweet, and given my fondness for that game, I don't like the idea of missing out on a similarly cool manual for The Return.

So, everyone out there with a complete copy of the North American version: Is the manual worth holding out for?
I say grab it now. Even if the game shows up every now & then, how often is it NTSC, w/long box ,and at a fair price?

Of course I don't have a complete copy, so take my words w/a dash of salt. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am

Post by 3DO Si » Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Martin III wrote:
Trev wrote:It's funny ... for as much as I desire and seek out complete games w/manuals and such, I really don't look at them a lot ... until I get stuck.
Funny how this happens to be the most recent post in this topic. You see, a copy of the North American version of this game finally popped up on evilbay for a reasonable price, with the long box - but no manual. Now, if the sequel is anything like the original, I won't need one. But I know from Lemmi's graciously contributed scans that the manual for Iron Angel of the Apocalypse is pretty sweet, and given my fondness for that game, I don't like the idea of missing out on a similarly cool manual for The Return.

So, everyone out there with a complete copy of the North American version: Is the manual worth holding out for?
I saw that too, only ships to the US but I thought I might be able to twist his arm and send it to me here in the UK, then I saw it was without its manual so didn't bother.

Definitely seems to be a hard one to track down, especially at a reasonable price!

Maybe you and I will unknowingly end up in a bidding war the next time a complete longbox copy appears on eBay!

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Post by Lemmi » Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Trev wrote:I say grab it now. Even if the game shows up every now & then, how often is it NTSC, w/long box ,and at a fair price?

Of course I don't have a complete copy, so take my words w/a dash of salt. :wink:
so whats an unfair price? :)
i might need some money soon LOL
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am

Post by 3DO Si » Thu May 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Lemmi wrote:
Trev wrote:I say grab it now. Even if the game shows up every now & then, how often is it NTSC, w/long box ,and at a fair price?

Of course I don't have a complete copy, so take my words w/a dash of salt. :wink:
so whats an unfair price? :)
i might need some money soon LOL
I think this is an unfair price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220946460350

On the other hand, I'd happily give you $10 plus shipping

(Does the above constitute a trade request? I'll await my ban.....)
Last edited by 3DO Si on Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Post by Lemmi » Thu May 30, 2013 8:57 pm

3DO Si wrote:
Lemmi wrote:
Trev wrote:I say grab it now. Even if the game shows up every now & then, how often is it NTSC, w/long box ,and at a fair price?
Of course I don't have a complete copy, so take my words w/a dash of salt. :wink:
so whats an unfair price? :)
i might need some money soon LOL
I think this is an unfair price:
http://www.evilbay.com/itm/220946460350
On the other hand, I'd happily give you $10 plus shipping ;)
(Does the above constitute a trade request? I'll await my ban.....)
heh but mine is still sealed, i havent even played it :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am

Post by 3DO Si » Thu May 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Lemmi wrote:
3DO Si wrote:
Lemmi wrote: so whats an unfair price? :)
i might need some money soon LOL
I think this is an unfair price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220946460350

On the other hand, I'd happily give you $10 plus shipping

(Does the above constitute a trade request? I'll await my ban.....)
heh but mine is still sealed, i havent even played it :)
OK, $15....

User avatar
Martin III
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 am
Location: United States of America

Post by Martin III » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 pm

I decided to let this one go. I figure if I'm going to get a manual-less copy, I'll get one with just the disc. The long box just takes up extra space.

Post Reply