I like the FedEx Business Model.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

I like the FedEx Business Model.

Post by BryWI » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:46 pm

If a customer pays for overnight shipping and you know you cant deliver your promise for overnight shipping, the next day just change the estimated delivery date to the day after the current day and still claim that it is "on time". Dont give any explanation either. That way you can boost the on-time delivery stats, and make a better profit margin.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: I like the FedEx Business Model.

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:48 pm

BryWI wrote:If a customer pays for overnight shipping and you know you cant deliver your promise for overnight shipping, the next day just change the estimated delivery date to the day after the current day and still claim that it is "on time". Dont give any explanation either. That way you can boost the on-time delivery stats, and make a better profit margin.
Don't get me started.

Doesn't matter whether I'm shipping UK to US, UK to EU, UK to UK, I always, always have the wrong account. I only have one account and it's always the 'wrong type'. So, i put the phone down, phone back and speak to another operator and behold, it's now the right account. WTF? This happens everytime.

Also, whenever you phone Fedex, it's like their first day on the job.

"Parcel you say? What's that?"

"...and you want us to do what with it?"

"Ship sir? Your parcel is a ship?"

And the stupid questions they ask:

"Is it a bomb? Does it contain anti-matter? Have ever exposed yourself to the Pope? Is your Dads name Chris? Do you have moustache? Do you dress to the left or right? What brand of sellotape did you use?"

And all this pre-supposes they actually speak any form of known English. Which they never ever do.

"Hello sir, you say you are calling from Cambridge in Cambridgeshire, is that in England?"

Gaaah!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Yeah I usual have a hate-hate relationship with FedEx. I can understand today that there is some pretty extreme weather in the midwest US right now. There was a tornado in my city today, and most of the midwest is under a high wind warning. The weather pattern right now is insane if you are into that kind of stuff. It is still inexcusable to just switch the arrival date on my package without giving me an official excuse and still call it "on-time". Thats just rude and bad customer service. A big no-no.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:45 am

It's the same with UPS when shipping to a residential address. I've had this tested, the same weight and size package shipped from the same store will take two days to get to my work (a 10-15 min walk from my house), if it is sent to my home it take TEN days! And then they pretend they try to deliver it. I once caught a delivery guy as he was heading back to the truck from my porch. he placed a notice on the door saying they tried to deliver. He never rang the bell or knocked I only knew they were there because I saw the truck from a window. Oh and the best part... like I said I caught him as he was heading back to the truck... with no package in his hands. How was he going to deliver it if he didn't take it off the truck in the first place?

A girl I knew once was training for UPS and she told me why this is. They are trained to do this. They call these people "runners" and it's a company wide policy!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:06 am

To serve what end? :?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:55 am

Bonuses.

You have a earnings target based on delivery times, it's not your fault the customer wasn't in, you tried, and you have the card to prove it.

Keeps their grade point average up right?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:42 pm

:roll:

Sadly, it kinda makes sense ... in a twisted "this society is so whack" sorta way.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:14 am

She said that they didn't want the people delivering to get stuck talking to lonely little old ladies at the door and such.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:28 am

3DO Experience wrote:She said that they didn't want the people delivering to get stuck talking to lonely little old ladies at the door and such.
Yeah right.

I've got a parcel for the Brian Jones. better be careful I don't get trapped talking to some old lady.

Targets, bonuses, bulls*it.

Technically, it's 'unethical'. I'm not sure how it quite works, but I believe if Idid something similiar to hit targets and maintain bonuses, I'd be breaking the law. Thank Enron for that. Of cause, IT was rife with such diddles.