Help w/Cyberia

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Help w/Cyberia

Post by Trev » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:49 am

So I just got through a string of cool flying levels, and am now at the Cyberia complex. I'm stuck. Where do I go? I've been to 2 sections where I seem to die from some type of nerve gas or something, and a room where I got shot at by 3 or 4 guards (If I don't go in this room I continue down the hallway and quickly get shot in the back) Suggestions?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:43 am

I'm no help. I got stuck here too. You go through that door right? Then you spin round and then you're dead. Nearly cost me a TV that. ;)

EDIT: and before anyone says game-faqs, it was game-faqs that got me that far, and then this section is somewhat hazy...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:28 pm

Well, at least I'm not the only one struggling 8) ... all the on-line guides I see are for the pc version. I'm not sure if the ol' 3do pad is cut out for such quick response times (always seems to be an ever so slight delay) I wish the on ground controls were better ... sigh :?

Game.com
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Game.com » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:51 am

Finished it on the PS1 but cant seem to remember the bit your talking about :cry:

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:23 am

doesnt anyone have one of these? :wink:

ImageImageImage

edit, i have no idea what you guys are talking about because ive never played this game yet :)

oh i forgot this is for the PC version, are they the same?
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:56 am

Cool, I didn't know the pc version of Cyberia came w/a hint book ... as far as I know they are the same game.

My problem isn't really being stumped ... I know exactly what I need to do ... I'm just not quick enough it seems! :x

No matter how often I tried I could not get my guy Zak to shoot both the guards in a certain room! I am wondering if the 3DO pad is that much slower than reg pc controls? Anyway, I am at a loss for the moment ...

3DOKid had said he was stuck in the same spot ... I wonder if he ever managed to get past it ... ?

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm now stuck in the Cyberia complex as well, though in a totally different spot, it seems. After riding to the lower floor on the forklift (yeesh, you'd think a top secret high tech installation would have a more advanced elevator :roll: ), I walked to a door with a guard waiting outside. If I fire after opening the door, it's a double kill. If I press the left or right buttons to dodge, the game runs an infinite loop of the guard shooting zak. :(

Of the walkthroughs I've found on the game, one skips over this part of the game; the other confirms that you are supposed to dodge left. So... any way past this bug? Or do I have no choice but to load the earlier checkpoint and go in the back entrance?

Funny story: I actually wanted the Saturn version of Cyberia, and purchased it on Ebay. The seller sent me the 3DO version by mistake. How lucky is it that I happen to have the hardware to play it? :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:52 pm

That is funny. I had a similiar thing happen years ago w/Sherlock Holmes. I bought the Sega cd game but inside the case was the 3DO one. Worked out great for me, as the 3DO game is terrific, and nothing like the Sega cd one.

Wish I could help you. I don't think I've actually played Cyberia in the 5 years since I made this original post! I never did get past the section ...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 am

I meant to post back here a while ago, but I did go back to the two alternate paths and got stuck there as well. :x

First I found (groan) the Slice-o-matic. First off, let me gripe about how utterly absurd the concept of this obstacle is. We're supposed to believe that this fan is simultaneously moving so fast that it will cut an adult in two if one of its blades hits, yet so slow that it's possible for him to jump through without being touched by it? :? Anyway, gameplay-wise, it's impossible as the fan seem to hit you no matter when you jump. Even if none of the blades are touching you, it still registers as a death.

And then I got to Trev's point...
Trev wrote:My problem isn't really being stumped ... I know exactly what I need to do ... I'm just not quick enough it seems! :x

No matter how often I tried I could not get my guy Zak to shoot both the guards in a certain room! I am wondering if the 3DO pad is that much slower than reg pc controls? Anyway, I am at a loss for the moment.
I don't think it's that the 3DO pad is slower than PC controls... I suspect that this section was designed with the mouse in mind, and a standard controller just can't move the cursor fast enough. The Saturn version comes with mouse support, and I assume the PlayStation version does as well.

It really is a shame about this game, since a lot of the ideas in it are pretty cool. Some of the SHADES puzzles are very original.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:52 am

Next time I play Cyberia, I might just end up using the Game Guru and skipping that section/level. I would like see it through to the end. I'm in agreement with you, it had some cool ideas. But it seems that it's reach might have exceeded it's grasp.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:05 pm

There are Game Guru codes for Cyberia?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Martin III wrote:There are Game Guru codes for Cyberia?
Yep, check this thread ...

http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1248

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Dang, I checked that thread before but must have skipped past the Cyberia codes somehow. Thanks!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:22 pm

No problem. Let me know if you manage to finish it, as I've never been able to complete it. I may try it again after I finish The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes. It's been so long it'll be like a new game.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Hmm, I just tried entering the code, and the Game Guru tells me "Too many characters". What am I doing wrong?