The new resident evil movie.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

The new resident evil movie.

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:33 pm

I love resident evil. And watched the new movie today. If you liked RE1 and 2 at the movies - you will like 3. :) That is all.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:51 am

Always been more a Silent Hill man myself, but the first RE movie was alright. Never saw the others, though.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:29 am

silent hill was a good movie but for me its a one time see then i dont want to sit though it again
now the RE series i will watch over and over and over again
and im about to watch the 3rd one tonight ;)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:43 am

lolwut

..the hell is wrong with you guys. I'm a huge fan of the RE games but the movies are utter tripe. I have no expectations for the 3rd one and I don't ever plan on seeing it.

Most video gamers harbor feelings of great animosity when a new game-to-movie conversion comes out. The only one I really liked was Mortal Kombat.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:47 am

I was speaking more of the games, personally. Silent Hill 2 is one of my all-time favorite games, ever. Resident Evil games tend to be a once through and you know where the dogs are going to pop through the window. Too much reliance on cheap scares, then the same engine over and over until 4. The series just failed to grab me the way SH's creeping psychological dread did.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 am

I kinda liked the first RE movie, but the second was complete crap. I dont even wanna watch the third one.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:48 am

I love all resident evil stuff. including all 3 movies :oops:

My gamecube collection would be pretty thin if it wasn't for all 5 of the resident evil games I have for it. :oops: Although I did have all the PS1 versions and the DC game... (I'll shut up)

A few years back, in a drunken eBay binge, I bought a big pile of HK Resident Evil rubbish. You know the stuff. Price advertised as $0.01 and shipping at $1.99 So -- Cap, dog tags, plastic models, lighter (I don't smoke!) watch, quite a lot of stuff actually.

As for Silent Hill, I converted the original to play on my PSP (from PS1) so I could sit on the train and play it. And oh-boy, did I ever embarrass myself? Sat there amongst the silent grey suited office working 1 hour masses, in a dark train, in the middle of winter, heavy rain outside, and there I was screaming, yelping, at one point I dropped the PSP, playing that damned game. Good though! Ending annoyed me, as I recall.

I also like the silent hill movie!

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:48 pm

Which ending did you get? I'm guessing the one where he was in his car.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:23 am

Possibly. I don't remember. Ranting disgust overwhelmed me, and all I remember was planning on finding an appropriate online forum, and declaring my undying hatred for the series to anyone who would listen. Bad ending I think it was.

Never happened in Resident Evil.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:43 am

Yeah, very likely. The first game's endings were based on weird criteria, looking at a couple of items if I remember. You can also save the lady cop instead of killing her, which is necessary for the better endings.

SH2's endings were dictated by equally obscure, but extremely logical things. That was definitely my favorite survival horror game of all time.

But hey, tangent. RE movies. I thought we were up to the fourth one? Proves how much attention I've been paying.