SainT is overwhelmed!

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

SainT is overwhelmed!

Post by Walter_j64bit » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:52 am

Today I've checked to see where I'm at with the Game Drive per-order web-sight, I get a message saying Down for Maintenance, I see Carl Forhan wants to help out, I hope he can get things back up and running by helping out SainT. 8) Anyone here got their Game Drive yet?

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: SainT is overwhelmed!

Post by a31chris » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:46 am

Tried to tell him that the market for the Jaguar was bigger than 150 units like everyone else was telling him.and basing their number on how well games like Impulse X sold. I love Impulse X and bought it to support Mattias but a lot of people just weren't excited about a Arkanoid clone.The only killer app there has been for the Jag or as close to it as possible lately is Another World. And both runs sold out instantly.

I tried to tell him what would happen with a killer app as far as sales go and they laughed at me like I was on crack. So the minute the buy button on saints SD card went active what I told him would happen happened and he sold almost 700 units immediately. Sales blow away his expectations so much that he quits.

And those sales are just from those who had $200 of disposable cash right then right there when the buy button went active.

The Jag finally gets an SD card but it overwhelms the developer and he quits. I think the Jag is cursed.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:51 am

I hope this doesn't turn into the Cuttle Cart 2 situation only hand full gets the cart and the developer quits. :(

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm

what I don't understand is he did the Lynx SD the neo Geo pocket SD and and handled all those orders just fine but somehow he's got to quit on the Jag one.

What's so different about the Jag?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:11 pm

I think the Game Drive was more complex than other systems SD carts and the Jag is the underdog of Atari game consoles and it's the one game console that everyone wants to trash and that doesn't help any.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:07 pm

I can log back into SainT's web-sight now, good I hope we don't get anymore bumps in the road.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:52 pm

My Pre-order Position # hasn't changed any! D'oh!