PAL 3DO Collectors

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

P5ychoFoz
3DO ZERO USER

Re: PAL 3DO Collectors

Post by P5ychoFoz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 pm

3DOKid wrote:Great list by the way! I have some questions.

- The Daedalus Encounter was released in PAL? I have Double Jewel Case version. I have Twisted too.
- I have Night Trap & Sewer Shark in US long box but with the sticker "Official UK version" (See picture!)
- Doom was never made PAL?

What do you think? Some dodgy shop keeper slapping on his own sticker?
My Sewer Shark has the same stickers and I've included it on my list in the section listing US long box games which were had stickers added so they could be sold in the UK.

Daedalus encounter is in a double case so appears PAL but it was sold with an ELSPA sticker on it (which makes it appear like a US game re-branded as per Sewer Shark). There is a lot of discussion regarding this earlier in the thread but I think either it is PAL and the ELSPA rating was omitted in oversight (and later stuck on) or it was a US double case game (owing to the number of discs) originally in a long box (it does fit apparently).

No, as with Sewer Shark and many more, Doom came in a long box with an ELSPA sticker on - it had no dedicated PAL packaging.

Confused? Me too, as is every 3DO PAL collector :)

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:11 pm

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that games published by Panasonic can be easily identified by the product code on the front:

FZ-SM = USA

FZ-SE = Europe

FZ-SJ = Japan

I've also come across FZ-SG (Germany) and FZ-SC (Canada)

The Daedalus Encounter double case has an FZ-SM code, hence it's just a US game minus the long box with an ESPLA sticker on the back

P5ychoFoz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by P5ychoFoz » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:31 pm

BEARD! wrote:I forgot to mention in an earlier post that games published by Panasonic can be easily identified by the product code on the front:

FZ-SM = USA

FZ-SE = Europe

FZ-SJ = Japan

The Daedalus Encounter double case has an FZ-SM code, hence it's just a US game minus the long box with an ESPLA sticker on the back
Ah so it's definitely a US game. That double case causes a lot of confusion. Thanks for clearing that up.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:38 pm

BEARD! wrote:I forgot to mention in an earlier post that games published by Panasonic can be easily identified by the product code on the front:

FZ-SM = USA

FZ-SE = Europe

FZ-SJ = Japan
FZ-S'M'?

'Murica... :mrgreen:

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Yeah I guess FZ-SA would be too easy

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:23 am

Mainland USA, I suspect.

I'm going to take a look for those codes on my Panasonic 3DO games. Be interesting if I've unwittingly been playing a PAL 3DO game...

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:26 pm

FZ-SM = USA

FZ-SE = Europe

FZ-SJ = Japan

Was just having a browse of 3DO stuff on eBay, and happened across this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3DO-VIDEOSPIE ... 3ce2f04262

FZ-SK code. Interestingly it's FZ-SK001, probably the first and last of it's kind. Wonder what it's a reference to?

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:56 am

Could it possibly be a Korean release?

I got around to checking out my Panasonic 3DO games. They're all SM except Icebreaker... which is SW. :| Like Neo's, it's 0001.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:50 am

Martin III wrote:I got around to checking out my Panasonic 3DO games. They're all SM except Icebreaker... which is SW. :| Like Neo's, it's 0001.
Hahaha! I spotted that just last night after going through my games. My IceBreaker is SW too :mrgreen:

SHLIMPOLE
3DO ZERO USER

Post by SHLIMPOLE » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:59 am

BEARD! wrote:In my opinion the rarest PAL games are:

Another World
BC Racers
Dragon's Lair
Johnny Bazookatone

I got dragons lair off eBay last summer after searching everyday for about a year. Ironically 2 copies appeared at the same time, I haven't seen another copy listed since. Do you have Johnny Bazookatone? I got my copy in 2012 from Italy and I've never seen another copy since.

I have another world in both pal and ntsc, other than the ntsc being named "out of this world", the cover is completely different aswel.

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Has anyone got a picture of Waialae Country Club (UK Version), all I can seem to find is the German double CD case version (FZ-SE0102) and the US single case version (FZ-SM0102).
Jaguar 2 | Mega Drive: 8 | Mega-CD: 7 | 32X: 5 | Master System: 3+1 Card| N64: 20
My Want List

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Oh by the way I almost forgot, there's actually 82 games not 81. I have a game in a double CD case, with ELSPA age rating & "This title displays in letterbox format on the 3DO PAL system" printed on the back cover, and it isn't on any lists I can find anywhere only the US & Japan releases.
Jaguar 2 | Mega Drive: 8 | Mega-CD: 7 | 32X: 5 | Master System: 3+1 Card| N64: 20
My Want List

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:23 pm

Tinsair wrote:Oh by the way I almost forgot, there's actually 82 games not 81. I have a game in a double CD case, with ELSPA age rating & "This title displays in letterbox format on the 3DO PAL system" printed on the back cover, and it isn't on any lists I can find anywhere only the US & Japan releases.
What game would that be?

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Have you got a picture of Waialae Country Club (UK Version) single cased release, as I've never seen this, does it exist?

I'll get a picture of the game I have, that's not listed shortly.
My Want List

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:44 am

BEARD! wrote:
Tinsair wrote:Oh by the way I almost forgot, there's actually 82 games not 81. I have a game in a double CD case, with ELSPA age rating & "This title displays in letterbox format on the 3DO PAL system" printed on the back cover, and it isn't on any lists I can find anywhere only the US & Japan releases.
What game would that be?
Intriguing. I assumed it would be The Daedalus Encounter, but perhaps not...

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Tinsair wrote:Have you got a picture of Waialae Country Club (UK Version) single cased release, as I've never seen this, does it exist?

I'll get a picture of the game I have, that's not listed shortly.

No, I've got the Geman version. I was sure I saw a UK version a few years ago when I was compiling my list, but I've never seen it again, maybe my minds playing tricks on me lol

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:19 pm

The game is Cyberia, double CD case and a manual thats too fat for the case.
Attachments
12968598_10208842665094278_706834954_n.jpg
Cyberia
12968598_10208842665094278_706834954_n.jpg (66.71 KiB) Viewed 23308 times
My Want List

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:08 am

Tinsair wrote:The game is Cyberia, double CD case and a manual thats too fat for the case.
Excellent find! I've been somewhat aware of its existence from a poor quality photo I found on the Internet a few years ago but since I've never seen it for sale, I assumed that the image I'd seen was a fake. This has to be the rarest 'true' PAL 3DO game

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:49 pm

I've seen it listed on a couple of game collection sites, so that must be where you see the scans too.

I only recently got this, but I hadn't seen it before, and so far since. It's weird that the manual is super fat, but it's not the thickness that makes it not fit inside the case but it seems slightly too long so when you close the case the manual blocks it from closing.

Let's hope there's not anymore games hidden away :lol:
My Want List

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Yeah I'd seen it on rf generation or something. I'd never seen one for sale, there's a completed listing on eBay just now from one that sold in Germany recently.

I wonder how the game was sold in shops with that manual? I can only think it was either shrink wrapped to the outside of the case or it was sold with a cardboard outer box? Unless it was a mail order only release and the manual was packaged separately with the game case. That would perhaps explain the rarity

If there are anymore games released I'd imagine they'd be extremely rare, like the 'big 3' on the Sega 32X type numbers!

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:46 pm

That completed listing was me that bought it, seeing as I couldn't find much info anywhere I thought what the heck and got it.

When it arrived the manual was inside the case but as soon as I unpacked the bubble wrap the case sprung open, so I get the feeling it may have been shrinkwrapped to the case at some point.

But whatever way it was packaged that is most probably the reason why it's so rare, either they scraped it because of how the manual didn't fit or as you say maybe a mail order of some sort.
My Want List

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 am

Well, I'm needing 3 more standard PAL games (not ones with ELSPA stickers on longboxes) to complete a full PAL set.

Another World
Johnny Bazookatone
Snow Job

They're all proving very elusive at the moment.
My Want List