3DO dreams

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

3DO dreams

Post by Martin III » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:09 am

Yup, bizarrely enough, the 3DO entered my dreams the other night. I haven't even had the system hooked up for months now.

In my dream, someone on these boards had unearthed a near-complete beta of an unreleased 3DO game called Ninjakoshi. Yeah, Ninjakoshi, as in "Ninja Koshi" - get it? I don't either. :(

Anyway, I burned myself a copy of Ninjakoshi (seriously, why the heck does my subconscious come up with a name like that?) and played it for a while before I woke up. It was a 3D open world type game, with polygonal graphics which, surprisingly enough, fit in realistically with the 3DO's limitations. Try picturing Alone in the Dark or Immercenary; Ninjakoshi's polygons were slightly less detailed than that. You play a ninja and the gameplay is your basic action/platforming deal, but with lots of non-linear exploration. I remember that though I wasn't totally enthralled with Ninjakoshi, I was impressed at how innovative it was for its time.

If anyone wants to know, "Koshi" is pronounced "KOH - shee". Yes. I heard the game's name pronounced in my dream.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: 3DO dreams

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:41 am

3DOkid approves of this dream.

:D

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:48 pm

A few days ago I dreamed that during a bus trip, stopped at an old bookstore and found stacked in a corner several 3DO games covered in dust. But I was broke in the dream and the bus was leaving never to return. It was a true nightmare.
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dark » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:28 am

This is not really a 3do dream but an incidence of 3do memories influencing things. As a kid, Crash n Burn left such an amazing impression on me from a store kiosk, I only got to play it once, but from that memory, over the course of the next year, I would try and draw pictures and even wrote a little story (with illustrations) about a race based on my memories of Crash n Burn. I probably have some of those illustrations tucked away in a box somewhere.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:56 am

Great. so I had one now. I was playing Need for speed and there was a prius in it. And there was a beach level and everyone was marveling at the tire tracks in the sand. Now can you all please get out of my brain. :D

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:39 am

...i mainly have boobs in my dreams... :roll:
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:26 am

More into ornithology, eh? ;)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:25 pm

klogg wrote:A few days ago I dreamed that during a bus trip, stopped at an old bookstore and found stacked in a corner several 3DO games covered in dust. But I was broke in the dream and the bus was leaving never to return. It was a true nightmare.
Wooo, I'm glad I've never had a dream like that... yet...

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:52 am

I think I had a dream that I found a copy of Lucienne's Quest, some time back.