Halloween/Holiday programming fun!

Tools and projects
a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Halloween/Holiday programming fun!

Post by a31chris » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Though I posted this in the Jaguar programming section I would LOVE to also see this type of thing on and for the 3do! Bring it on!

http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... =35&t=3669
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

blabla
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Halloween/Holiday programming fun!

Post by blabla » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:19 am

Damnit, i missed this post !
The problem is that, i hate rules and i suck when it comes to complying with them.
But a Halloween-theme game might not be a bad idea.
I would have to think what kind of game i could do and i defintively want something to release this year.

I remember this thread when i asked people what they would like see.
I could not do something like Pang because i didn't know at the time how to draw pixels on screen but now i can.
Too bad though fopen is not working properly on 3DO, if so, then i would have already done LameNES and perhaps some other games.

I want to release something, even if it's just a calculator.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:14 am

blabla wrote:Damnit, i missed this post !
The problem is that, i hate rules and i suck when it comes to complying with them.
But a Halloween-theme game might not be a bad idea.
What rules? Besides the desire to celebrate Halloween with a small graphical program. Not necessarily a game.

As simple as a pumpkin on the screen or as complex as:

http://darkartsmedia.com/DevilsTrampingGround.com.html

Obviously this is just for those who may desire to celebrate Halloween on their retro programmed console of choice.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

blabla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by blabla » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:16 am

Okay then, no rules. Cool :D
I stumbled upon a cool and portable implementation of Tetris.
I think i can release a basic of it (using my library, gameblabla's wrapper) with no sound
and then i will maybe make it haloween themed.

There's a current lack of a good tetris implementation on 3DO so i'm sure you will all like this !

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:57 am

blabla wrote:Okay then, no rules. Cool :D
I stumbled upon a cool and portable implementation of Tetris.
I think i can release a basic of it (using my library, gameblabla's wrapper) with no sound
and then i will maybe make it haloween themed.

There's a current lack of a good tetris implementation on 3DO so i'm sure you will all like this !
That's awesome! Whatever you do, have fun!