Need for Speed Scoring

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Need for Speed Scoring

Post by a31chris » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:30 pm

This is all wrong. I need to see the high score screens.
Last edited by a31chris on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:30 am

23,240 nsx Alpine Pro.

Scratch the first score. It's incorrect. Screen went by too fast for me to get an accurate reading.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:15 am

a31chris wrote:What should i go for? Best time or best score?
Score is a product of skill, so im not sure why you think you can go for one without the other.

The NSX is quite likely the worst car in the game.
The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:17 am

a31chris wrote:23,240 nsx Alpine Pro.

Scratch the first score. It's incorrect. Screen went by too fast for me to get an accurate reading.
Take a photo of the same screen i did. You get plenty of time to view it after the race is complete.
The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
a31chris wrote:What should i go for? Best time or best score?
Score is a product of skill, so im not sure why you think you can go for one without the other.

The NSX is quite likely the worst car in the game.
Hmm...not positive, but I really don't think my highest scores in the game where all made along with my best times, it seems to give me higher scores when I've done more power-slides or drifting maneuvers, or great recoveries like spinning out and regaining control, squeezing between traffic, etc. (stuff generally caused by avoiding traffic while attempting the perfect line), all of which are detrimental to times. I'm pretty sure the scoring works more like 'Kudos' in Metropolis Street Racer or Project Gotham Racing..."it's not how fast you drive, it's how well you drive fast"...as the old MSR/PGR quote goes. You don't get Kudos in those games by taking the perfect line along the apex, but when you do power-slides and drifting and stuff like that. I think that's what they did with 3DO NSF too, in the scoring department, but it's behind the scenes, not in your face with Kudos bonuses popping up every time you power-slide. But times in NFS are all about that perfect line and squealing tires as little as possible. High scores and best times seem to be at odds in NFS to me, which is why I've never been concerned with my score, just my times.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:11 pm

I dont agree. The best scores ive got line up with some of the best times ive got. The best score possible is done with the VT on the Coastal route.

I have never got such a high score with any other car or on any other track.

I think you should change that sig of yours Gunstar, until you beat my times anyway...