Sad news

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

pmerrill
3DO ZERO USER

Sad news

Post by pmerrill » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:39 am

One of my favorite 3do "characters" has died. One of the best parts of Need for Speed was this guy's over the top taunting.

http://obituaries.gazettes.com/obituari ... =169776868

He was only 50.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Sad news

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 am

Crikey :cry:

I didn't even know this dudes name til this day, yet he has been entertaining, me year in - year out, ever since I was an early teen.

Sad news indeed.

R.I.P. "X man".

-

(There are more images here: http://www.playbillvip.com/show/vip/Whi ... Baird_7445)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 am

That sucks! I have not even gotten this game yet. This is too bad. Way too young. We need to take care of ourselves guys.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:02 am

I mourn deeply for his loss. He was in my life for nearly twenty years as my opponent in my favorite racing game of all time. I'd even thought at times about tracking him down, just to say thanks for his work in this game. He was far too young, only 5 years older than I, the same age as my older brother, and, he actually looks a bit like my older brother. Rest in peace, Brennan Baird, my virtual friend.

I leave you all with one of his sayings [from NFS] that comes to mind, not word-for-word, just summarized: "...one day you will die, my friend, while I am digitally immortalized." R.I.P you digitally immortalized man, I will be racing with you tonight and for the rest of my life. God bless, amen.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 am

Gunstar wrote:I mourn deeply for his loss. He was in my life for nearly twenty years as my opponent in my favorite racing game of all time. I'd even thought at times about tracking him down, just to say thanks for his work in this game. He was far too young, only 5 years older than I, the same age as my older brother, and, he actually looks a bit like my older brother. Rest in peace, Brennan Baird, my virtual friend.

I leave you all with one of his sayings [from NFS] that comes to mind, not word-for-word, just summarized: "...one day you will die, my friend, while I am digitally immortalized." R.I.P you digitally immortalized man, I will be racing with you tonight and for the rest of my life. God bless, amen.
Here here!
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 am

Wow. This is a total bummer. Love the game for sure. I agree that 50 is way too young. Believe me, I know for a fact that Cancer is nothing to scoff at. Don't be an idiot, if something feels really off, go to the Doctor.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:47 pm

That is so sad. I always kind of liked the X-Man character. 50 is way too young. I always hate that feel that death brings, a hollow emptiness inside. I hope his family are okay, and he Rests in Peace.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:34 pm

50 is young. very sad news. maybe his family will see this and get a light-hearted chuckle.
farewell sir.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:14 pm

So sad ... :(
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 am

May your soul rest in peace.
ご冥福をお祈りします。

50歳・・若すぎますね :(
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

abdulaziz perkins
3DO ZERO USER

Post by abdulaziz perkins » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:50 pm

May God rest his soul in peace. A legendary presence that made the game so fun