My BJL Jag!

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

My BJL Jag!

Post by Walter_j64bit » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:19 pm

I've started this post over on jaguarsector (Reddit). I sent off one Jags to get the BJL rom installed I should have back Tuesday :wink: ApolloBoy over on AA did the mod for me. I'll have pics of it when I get I'll post them here! Now I to track down the cables for the BJL. :mrgreen:

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Re: My BJL Jag!

Post by Walter_j64bit » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:50 pm

My BJL Jag came in last night, I haven't tried it out yet I need to get the cables anyway.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 am

OK, I've got time to try BJL Jag out it's to odd see a Jag that doesn't have the old boot screen some games do run with the mod and some don't but I've found a workaround for that, all I have to do pop on the JagCD and it's and all good. :wink:

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:21 pm

That's cool, enjoy. But why don't you just leave the Jag CD attached permanently? I've had mine plugged in continuously since the 90's, never had any problems, carts and CD's always work. Isn't it a pain to be unplugging and plugging in the CD unit every time you play a Jag CD game? That's why they have the pass-thru cart port you know... :shock:

Or doesn't the BJL mod work with the jag CD unit attached? I never did the mod myself because I've always had a flashcart, Battlesphere's J.U.G.S, skunkboard or burned BJL stuff to CD with Jiffi and used ULS loader.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Gunstar wrote:That's cool, enjoy. But why don't you just leave the Jag CD attached permanently? I've had mine plugged in continuously since the 90's, never had any problems, carts and CD's always work. Isn't it a pain to be unplugging and plugging in the CD unit every time you play a Jag CD game? That's why they have the pass-thru cart port you know... :shock:

Or doesn't the BJL mod work with the jag CD unit attached? I never did the mod myself because I've always had a flashcart, Battlesphere's J.U.G.S, skunkboard or burned BJL stuff to CD with Jiffi and used ULS loader.
Oh, I do keep the JagCD attached, the Jag looks naked to me without a JagCD. :wink:
I was just trying the moded Jag with out the JagCD attached just to see what the BJL ROM can do on it's own, this when I've found out that some carts don't run with the BJL ROM, maybe this why some people install a switch so they can use the BJL ROM or the OEM ROM. I've just have the BJL ROM installed and my OEM ROM has been removed but it's not needed. Yes, the BJL mod does work with JagCD attached, this how I get the carts that doesn't seem to like the BJL mod to run.

I do have the other game loaders for the Jag, I just wanted to have a Jag moded with the BJL mod. :wink: