What's the cheapest interactive move FMV game on the 3DO?...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

What's the cheapest interactive move FMV game on the 3DO?...

Post by dave4shmups » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Cheapest in terms of U.S. dollars. (It seems like a lot of them are cheaper on the Sega CD, even though the video quality isn't as good.) All I care about with 3DO games at this point, is getting the manual and game in a CD case-I'm not a collector, so I don't really care about the long boxes.

But I've never played any game like this on my 3DO, and would really love to get one.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: What's the cheapest interactive move FMV game on the 3DO

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:01 am

Mad Dog McCree can be had for $5-$10 sans box (the 3DO port is awful though)

Burning Soldier can be found for $5 or less complete, as is actually quite good imho - next to Starblade it might be my favorite 3DO shooter.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Psychic Detective is a good choice, and has the advantage that its manuals fit in the game's jewel cases (given that many games only have full-height, longbox-sized manuals, of course).

Another option would be Kingdom: the Far Reaches, which has a full-height manual.

The Daedalus Encounter is cheap, but I wasn't very smitten with it.

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Trev wrote:Mad Dog McCree can be had for $5-$10 sans box (the 3DO port is awful though)

Burning Soldier can be found for $5 or less complete, as is actually quite good imho - next to Starblade it might be my favorite 3DO shooter.
What's wrong with the 3DO port of Mad Dog McCree? Is the video really bad, or something? I have Burning Soldier, and it rocks! :D

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 pm

There's a review I wrote which sums up my feelings pretty well. It's an old one (and not one of my best) so it's probably buried in the reviews section. But it's a bad port on multiple levels, especially the loading times.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:29 am

Burning Soldier is indeed a great inexpensive gem. One of the rare cases where FMV is combined with fluid arcade-style pacing. Let's hope that the collectors don't catch on so that asking price stays where it is. :)

I second the recommendation of Psychic Detective. Very good example of the genre, with a level of story branching and replay value beyond what you usually expect from interactive movies.

Demolition Man is hard to find with disc/manual/no box (although that is how I got my copy), since the disc tray is in the long box. Complete-in-box copies seem to go for about $20 though, so that's still not bad.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Burning Soldier is one of my favourites too. It's crime was not being cool