Jaguar Sector II down

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Jaguar Sector II down

Post by a31chris » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:08 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience folks but JSII will be down for perhaps a couple weeks. I will keep you guys informed as much as I can. For the curious anyway.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Jaguar Sector II down

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:30 pm

a31chris wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience folks but JSII will be down for perhaps a couple weeks. I will keep you guys informed as much as I can. For the curious anyway.
Please do.

I am indeed, VERY curious 8)

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:07 pm

well i wasnt curious before, but now I am...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 pm

sneth wrote:well i wasnt curious before, but now I am...
Same here.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:15 am

JSII is down again. Maybe for a while time as Jay seems to need a break. This time it seems someone filed a discrimination complaint against him. My guess it was Grimm as we just ended his account per his request. He was carrying on in this fashion.

So Jay is taking a breather.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:33 am

a31chris wrote:JSII is down again. Maybe for a while time as Jay seems to need a break. This time it seems someone filed a discrimination complaint against him. My guess it was Grimm as we just ended his account per his request. He was carrying on in this fashion.

I don't think Grimm took too kindly to your 'offer' then, eh Chris? ;)

I half agreed with some of the points you made tbh though. He was the one constantly bringing the whole him vs a certain moderator to the surface, whilst telling himself he was letting it go, when it was visible to see, he wasn't unfortunately. Also, his choice of language when responding gave the impression that he was responding with angst and attitude. The problem there lies that he doesn't want PPL to 'read into' what he's saying, yet still chooses to phrase things in a manner which almost ANYONE would interpret in the same way; a tad aggressive. It doesn't take a genius - AS or not - to realise that responses such as "I could not give a sh*t" are unanimously viewed as an overly defensive stance.

It's a shame that PPL "read into" what has been written in black and white because, unfortunately, that is pretty much how the internet works - which sadly works against his conditions mindset :|

This is all a shame as I actually like the guy on the whole tbh...

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 am

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
a31chris wrote:JSII is down again. Maybe for a while time as Jay seems to need a break. This time it seems someone filed a discrimination complaint against him. My guess it was Grimm as we just ended his account per his request. He was carrying on in this fashion.

I don't think Grimm took too kindly to your 'offer' then, eh Chris? ;)

I half agreed with some of the points you made tbh though. He was the one constantly bringing the whole him vs a certain moderator to the surface, whilst telling himself he was letting it go, when it was visible to see, he wasn't unfortunately. Also, his choice of language when responding gave the impression that he was responding with angst and attitude. The problem there lies that he doesn't want PPL to 'read into' what he's saying, yet still chooses to phrase things in a manner which almost ANYONE would interpret in the same way; a tad aggressive. It doesn't take a genius - AS or not - to realise that responses such as "I could not give a sh*t" are unanimously viewed as an overly defensive stance.

It's a shame that PPL "read into" what has been written in black and white because, unfortunately, that is pretty much how the internet works - which sadly works against his conditions mindset :|

This is all a shame as I actually like the guy on the whole tbh...
He wants everything his way. Even when people apologize whether imperfectly or not. He won't bend at all. He wants to keep jabbing and bringing it up. Heaven forbid anyone should say anything to him.

Its a sad time for the Jaguar community for however long JSII stays down.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Someone filed against a forum? How hilarious.

That person will be ridiculed for eternity now.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 pm

sneth wrote:Someone filed against a forum? How hilarious.

That person will be ridiculed for eternity now.
Its way pitiful.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:20 am

sneth wrote:Someone filed against a forum?
:lol:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:28 am

Not the same Grimm who got banned from here ... ?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Yeah Trev, it will be.

It's a horrible conundrum for the guy to be honest. He comes across as a bit abrasive and I think that is a combination of his actual personality and his condition. It's these very straight-talking, no-nonsense traits that, unfortunately, PPL struggle to overlook. Like he often says, PPL read into what he's saying, but due to how things are worded, it's impossible for 99% of PPL not too. Sadly, he spends most of his time defending snarky comments posted back in his general direction, because PPL have read too much into what he initially wrote. But, it's human nature really. Everyone does the same thing: they're most often just being reactive.

I'm afraid the internet, most probably, is going to be a very tough place for him to get along in, as it's almost primarily black and white text. I honestly think he could benefit massively from some instruction and direction from a language professional who completely understands his condition, to help and support his understanding, interpretation and use of language online, as on the internet, it is the foremost usage of online communication. Especially as it's almost impossible for the rest of the internet to try and side-step the issue...

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:16 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Yeah Trev, it will be.

It's a horrible conundrum for the guy to be honest. He comes across as a bit abrasive and I think that is a combination of his actual personality and his condition. It's these very straight-talking, no-nonsense traits that, unfortunately, PPL struggle to overlook. Like he often says, PPL read into what he's saying, but due to how things are worded, it's impossible for 99% of PPL not too. Sadly, he spends most of his time defending snarky comments posted back in his general direction, because PPL have read too much into what he initially wrote. But, it's human nature really. Everyone does the same thing: they're most often just being reactive.

I'm afraid the internet, most probably, is going to be a very tough place for him to get along in, as it's almost primarily black and white text. I honestly think he could benefit massively from some instruction and direction from a language professional who completely understands his condition, to help and support his understanding, interpretation and use of language online, as on the internet, it is the foremost usage of online communication. Especially as it's almost impossible for the rest of the internet to try and side-step the issue...
He wants everything his way. He is not even willing to try to bend a little or meet anyone halfway. He has a 'condition'. Well everyone has a condition of some sort and I think after years and years he has learned to not even try to get along and just fly off the handle at the littlest thing. I tried to calm him down in pm and he was just bonkers. No middle ground. No meeting anyone partway. No concessions. Grimms way or the highway.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:53 am

JSII is back up.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:04 pm

I don't think he has a condition. I've dealt with asperger's on numerous occasions.
Nothing about him indicates this.

Am I an expert? More so than most.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Might as well rename the thread: "Jaguar Sector II - Gone!" :(

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:26 am

Yeah, now that I am finally back online now. Thi9s so pisses me off. Grimm and 10p6 are bo0th punks. I hope they never make to any other forum ever or that someone is hip to their crap and warns the moderators over there. Both of them are nothing but trouble. Between the both of them, JSII is gone now. I hope they are happy with what they did. Nightmare situation all around.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:11 am

I wish an archive was at least up.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:18 am

3DO Experience wrote:I wish an archive was at least up.
That's half the problem Jay has run into as of late. It's a really long story at this point. Very sad indeed.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:53 am

For those who don't know yet, JSII is down permanently.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:55 pm

Now that JSII is gone just a reminder that the JSII Subreddit is there now

http://www.reddit.com/r/jaguarsector/

along with The Jaguar_Sector_II IRC chat.

http://www.sorcery.net/chat_irc.php?tabid=37

The room is #Jaguar_Sector_II

Stop in and say hi.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:57 pm

a31chris wrote:Now that JSII is gone just a reminder that the JSII Subreddit is there now

http://www.reddit.com/r/jaguarsector/

along with The Jaguar_Sector_II IRC chat.

http://www.sorcery.net/chat_irc.php?tabid=37

The room is #Jaguar_Sector_II

Stop in and say hi.
Hey, that's cool man. Sad that JSII is gone, but at least something is still there, I guess.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Someone clue me in to the drama. I missed the details.
Troll litigation can go both ways. Might as well throw up the documents to the public.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

@JagChris & Darque:

There was a jaguar Sector discussion thread in the Jaguar section of AA, that I seem to suddenly be unable to find!

Any ideas where it might be? Just wanted to catch up on what's what but... can't seem to locate it anywhere? :|

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 am

It's deleted.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 am

Hmmm.

I sense a trend emerging.

I suppose, if we unravel ALL of the complete bullshit, that has in turn - singlehandedly disabled JS-II permanently - then the very same could happen here too?

And all because, initially, a specific individual couldn't stand to be called out publicly on his pricejacking and artificial sales ethics! :roll:

Aaanyway...

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:46 am

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Hmmm.

I sense a trend emerging.

I suppose, if we unravel ALL of the complete bullshit, that has in turn - singlehandedly disabled JS-II permanently - then the very same could happen here too?

And all because, initially, a specific individual couldn't stand to be called out publicly on his pricejacking and artificial sales ethics! :roll:

Aaanyway...

as i said, troll litigation can go both ways....
Just need to know more information.
It doesnt cost much to file. Counter all day.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 am

Looks like I got away with Grimm lightly. :shock:

Look JSII guys, if there is anything I or we here can do to help, just ask. Anything is possible. Just PM myself, 3DO Experience or Trev.

We have a zero tolerance for difficult forum members. :)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:45 am

3DOKid wrote:Looks like I got away with Grimm lightly. :shock:

Look JSII guys, if there is anything I or we here can do to help, just ask. Anything is possible. Just PM myself, 3DO Experience or Trev.

We have a zero tolerance for difficult forum members. :)
You the man Kid. As you heard, you did get off easy with Grimm. Also, before anyone else get's with the idea that I was "Mean" or "Misunderstanding" of grimm, keep in mind he has been banned from here, JSII, Digital Press, and Sega 16 as well. He is also in danger of getting the boot over at the Ouya Forum as well and is really not liked in the Turbografx scene either where he is known as a very hateful drama queen. Just saying.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:15 pm

a31chris wrote: He wants everything his way. He is not even willing to try to bend a little or meet anyone halfway. He has a 'condition'. Well everyone has a condition of some sort and I think after years and years he has learned to not even try to get along and just fly off the handle at the littlest thing. I tried to calm him down in pm and he was just bonkers. No middle ground. No meeting anyone partway. No concessions. Grimms way or the highway.
True story. I've experienced this first-hand, and it's not fun. You're always the bad guy in the end, and there's no true debating with this individual. No matter what you say or how honest your reasoning is, every little detail will be picked apart, analyzed to a tiny grain, and be retorted in a particularly negative manner. Good riddance, I say.
3DOKid wrote:We have a zero tolerance for difficult forum members. :)
Sometimes. That Trev guy is still here... :P