Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Introduce yourself.

Post by Martin III » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Welcome! Night Trap is one of my fave 3DO games. It really surprised me when I first played it about a year ago.

wazzal
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wazzal » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:18 am

Hello fellow 3DO fans!
I'm new to the 3DO scene, having just purchased a FZ-1 two months ago locally [via craigslist] for an awesome price of $35! It was rather filthy, but after giving it a good cleaning it looks like new. I got it on a whim without really knowing what to expect, but was rather blown away by it.
I am really enjoying the console! So far I've spent many hours playing Need for Speed, Road Rash and Icebreaker II, but there is a long list of games that I want to play next.

I'm glad to be part of an online community for this impressive, yet under-appreciated (by the masses) system 8)

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:46 am

wazzal wrote:Hello fellow 3DO fans!
I'm new to the 3DO scene, having just purchased a FZ-1 two months ago locally [via craigslist] for an awesome price of $35! It was rather filthy, but after giving it a good cleaning it looks like new. I got it on a whim without really knowing what to expect, but was rather blown away by it.
I am really enjoying the console! So far I've spent many hours playing Need for Speed, Road Rash and Icebreaker II, but there is a long list of games that I want to play next.

I'm glad to be part of an online community for this impressive, yet under-appreciated (by the masses) system 8)
Welcome to the 3DO Zone Wazzal!

You're already off to a good start with RR & NFS tbh, so... what's next on your 3DO gaming hit list :P

A8Scooter
3DO ZERO USER

Post by A8Scooter » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:54 am

Hey All, My name is Jason and new here. I like collecting all kinds of video games with my main one being Atari 8 Bit computer carts. ( Just alot of fun to play ). I came across some 3DO items and figured this is a good time to start getting into the whole 3DO area of gaming and collecting. I hope to share , and learn ( will be doing alot of that I forsee ) and build some good friendships through gaming.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:55 am

Welcome aboard! It's a great system, you'll have lots of fun on it.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Welcome to the boards! Hope that you have fun with the 3DO.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:46 am

Welcome to all those who've joined recently.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

ERIC
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ERIC » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:34 pm

hello to all
I'm too a big fan of this console and I'm from italy! I find your forum very interesting!

I started collecting the 3do along with other retoconsole few years ago, but the 3do is my favorite! I own an FZ-1 and about 30 games, light gun and more. Now I'm looking for all the add ons come out.

See you soon 8)

Eric

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Nixce to see so many new users chiming in on the 3DO system. I love hearing good things instead of the typical drivel that comes from the main majority of the internet. Yous Guys Rock! Welcome.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

johnnycash
3DO ZERO USER

Post by johnnycash » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:07 am

Hi Folks,
Old School 3do fan here, not had one for 15yrs but intend to get back into it.

I always regretted selling my FZ10 although i did get a lot of use out of it in the mid 90's.

High points for me were as follows, and do they ring any bells for others too?

1) Co-op Battlesport. Did others use a second controller to operate guns, while the first steered the ship? that was great and made it a lot easier to progress.

2) Return fire. Although we had to put cardboard on the screen so each player couldn't see where the other was!

3) Need for Speed. The downfall of this series is shocking. The 3do game was so realistic and addicitve. Hours of best time battles with my brother were had!

I also had Defcon 5 which i see here is quite rare. Gutted. Although i didn't have any of the other rarities.

JC

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:33 pm

No no you started off wrong. You're supposed to say, "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash." :wink:

Welcome to the forums!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:34 pm

johnnycash wrote:I also had Defcon 5 which i see here is quite rare. Gutted. Although i didn't have any of the other rarities.
Well, the Saturn and PlayStation versions are pretty common, at least, so you can always get one of those.

Welcome to the boards!

Mattack
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Mattack » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt. I was fortunate to own a 3DO system as a kid. It was definitely my favorite gaming console of the 90's. I had a very early FZ-1 and gradually built up a nice little collection of games. Unfortunately after a few years something went wrong with machine (a problem with lens, supposedly) that cost more to fix than the original cost of the game system. We couldn't afford to pay that, so I stopped playing 3DO games.

Late last year my interest in the 3DO was rekindled, partly thanks to finding this forum. So for Christmas I picked up another FZ-1, complete with its original box. Since then I've had a great time rediscovering my old favorites and I'm looking forward to adding some new ones too.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:53 am

Hi Matt. Glad you've been able to get back into 3DO recently!
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

kneehighspy
SPAMMER

Post by kneehighspy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:04 am

i've had my 3DO since launch and it still remains one of my favorite classic consoles. after finishing the building of my new house, as i was moving all my classic consoles and games i came across my 3DO so i decided to hook her up again.

she works fine other than the audio doesnt work. works fine through the controller headset but its extemely low and muddled through the composite audio. gonna give it a try via rf and svideo and see what happens.

anyone ever have audio issues?

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:02 pm

johnny cash, Mattack and kneehighspy:

Welcome to the 3DO forums! 8)

I hope to see you all around :)

(Mattack, I notice you have already started a self-collection thread. I'm heading there now to investigate...)

valthonis
3DO ZERO USER

Post by valthonis » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here but not new to the 3DO.

I think it was 1995, I saved up my newspaper route money and bought a Panasonic 3DO at Best Buy for the "low" price of $499.99.
Having no clue that the Playstation was around the corner, I was happy with my purchase. :)

Over the years I picked up titles like Return Fire, D, Flashback, Space Hulk, Wing Commander, Samurai Shodown, but spent hours upon hours playing Star Control 2. Sadly at some point I got rid of everything and moved on.

Flash forward to last year when I started getting into a retro gaming buzz I started picking up old consoles and games I loved or always wanted to play. I'm not a "collector" in the sense, I don't need to have original box art, just want to enjoy the games on the consoles they were meant to be played.

Any way, I recently picked up a broken FZ-1 hoping to fix it or at worse use it as parts. But I stumbled across here and found the lovely thread about cap replacement and viola! My "broken" FZ-1 now works. :) Huge thanks for that!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Hey valthonis. It's cool that you are getting back into 3DO after all these years - congrats on fixing your unit also.

THE 1 2 P
3DO ZERO USER

Post by THE 1 2 P » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:31 am

Hello peeps. I am The 1 2 P...obviously. I have been colllecting for the 3DO ever since around 10 or so years ago when I was at a flea market and a guy had a table with a sign that said "Everything is $1 or $2". I spotted a 3DO FZ-1 system and I asked him how much it cost. He said "$2" and I asked him if it worked. He said he didn't know so I offered him a dollar and he took it. After taking it home I discovered that not only did it work but it also had Crash and Burn inside of it. Not bad for a system that cost $700 upon release.

Over the years I've transitioned to the FZ-10 hardware and my focus has mainly been some obscure Japanese imports and the Vivid games(I posted in the Virtual Vivid thread since that was another of my main interest). I'm also still seeking a full 3DO Live set so I'll be collecting for this system for quite some time, despite how much of my time is still spent in modern gaming.

I kind of lucked out in finding this place though because the majority of other forums I've been on are severely lacking in 3DO knowledge. I don't mind if the 3DO isn't their focus but it's nice to know that I now have a place to go when I have a 3DO related question. I've liked what I've seen so far, except for the fact that my newbie status has me labeled as a spammer :| Oh well. Cheers everybody.
Current Wants: Bodycon Digital Rave Part 1, 3DO Live demo disc, Mind Teazzer big box.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:54 am

Congrats one your flea market gold! And enjoy the forums!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Belated welcome to the forums, The 1 2 P! What's 3DO Live?

THE 1 2 P
3DO ZERO USER

Post by THE 1 2 P » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:08 am

Martin III wrote:Belated welcome to the forums, The 1 2 P! What's 3DO Live?
Thanks for the welcome. The 3DO Live disc are a set of Japanese 3DO demo disc. There are 11 in total and I believe they came with print magazines though I've never seen them myself. I've only seen the demo disc which all have official cases.
Current Wants: Bodycon Digital Rave Part 1, 3DO Live demo disc, Mind Teazzer big box.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 am

THE 1 2 P wrote:
Martin III wrote:Belated welcome to the forums, The 1 2 P! What's 3DO Live?
Thanks for the welcome. The 3DO Live disc are a set of Japanese 3DO demo disc. There are 11 in total and I believe they came with print magazines though I've never seen them myself. I've only seen the demo disc which all have official cases.
Ah, interesting. I've only the barest knowledge of what was out there for the 3DO in Japan, though certainly 3DOKid and some of the other forum members have educated me on a few of the more interesting Japan-only games.

98pacecar
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 98pacecar » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi everybody. I'm a long time 3DO fan, going all the way back to about 1994/95 when I bought an FZ-1 used with NFS for about $400 (I think, it may have been more). I lived through the glory days of buying 3DO games for $10 and under brand new when Software Etc was clearing them out. I still have everything I bought back then, along with many more from recent purchases as well as a collection a friend of mine gave me. Nothing terribly rare, but most of the must-own titles.

I'm not solely focused on the 3DO, or any console really. I have a little bit of everything and enjoy going all the way back to pong and forward to the XBone/PS4.

Most recently, I've become more interested in the 3DO again with the release of the USB drive replacement. I enjoy doing mods like that and it always brings me back around to playing some of my old favorites.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:23 am

Welcome to the forums.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Welcome to the boards! $400 used sounds about right for that time. Good job on holding on to all the games you bought back then!

98pacecar
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 98pacecar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome! The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it was $400 that I paid so many years ago. I just remember being floored by Need for Speed and basically buying the console on the spot. By that time, I was the 3rd owner of it, but the prior 2 owners were friends so I knew it hadn't been abused. It was in regular usage until about a year ago when it decided to stop working. I assume it needs the power supply caps redone, but I haven't opened it to find out for sure. Regardless, it had a good run and hopefully will live again!

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

My Last Words might be what I just said.

Post by MegaData » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 pm

If I recall correctly, the only real 3DO experience I have is with a guy I was eMailing in college... somehow I got to talking entirely about Megadeth, who he was a fan of, and since the mailing no longer contained any information about his work, he could no longer communicate with me from the office.

Choosing my first words carefully, I wish to acknowledge my reading of the rules of this forum with my reactions to them.
1. No talk of ROM images and no links to ROM images.
2. No swearing.
3. New Users are encourage to properly introduce themselves.
4. No for sale adverts, including links to eBay.
5. If a Moderator or Admin advises you to do, or not do something, DO NOT post an explanation as to why you did it or should be allowed to do it. You may PM them if you feel the need to defend your actions. Any further public discourse may result in a limiting of your account or banning.

Any new user deemed to be disharmonious to the forum will be banned without question.
1. I hope that Native Spirit, a Jaguar Homebrew Project, does not count as a ROM. (It could possibly be made into a ROM so I hope that it is not confused with anything illegal. It's source files were intended for people to alter and play with.)

2. Now, are we ruling out the lingo used in Mork & Mindy, Red Dwarf, Battlestar Galactica, and the likes of Farscape? Can I do the Chevy Chase routine that got his talk show cancelled? LOL, gotta admit it is silly how they censor stuff like talking about other forums in the miscellaneous section of a site. Can I get a hand out there for anyone who can tell me what "misc." means? Kinda like the Die Dead Enough video where MTV censors "high" from "I can't kick high enough."

3. I might be able to manage an introduction, seeing as how this is the TH1RT3ENth day of the third month of 2014 a.d. and being in the sign of Gemini... fold and burn and centralize___

4. I may need a reminder on that as I so rarely have auctions. Please use the midget's magic carpet instead of the wizard's walking cane if I forget to remember that sales agenda stipulation. That's not a normal forum rule from the boards I've enveloped.

5. These rules all seemed fairly reasonable, although I am somewhat flummoxed at number 4 being a threat to forum stability, but again it hardley effects me whatsoever. I can't even recall the last time I used eBay but I should probably look into my account over there. I wonder if they ever get rid of inactive accounts. Hey, is there like a vote on who is disharmonious? I've liked people I do not necessarily get along with. They've given me gaming systems and movies to borrow, as if they were old friends. If we were all the same, there'd be nothing to talk about.
Hello world.

SOLID STEEL VISOR
"Recent events" on Jaguar Sector II conjured up an empty fortress... which left me twisting in the wind, a child of the air, a witch of the wind. I've been hung out to dry in a mighty wreck that once was proud. Funny thing is I followed the link from an eMail on January 30th saying, "JSII is Back Up! ( Atari Jaguar Sector II )," only to find out the opposite was the case. You could say I'm a bit of a lurker, or maybe I just ain't feelin regular. Maybe I need a little more oatmeal in the mornin'.

IRON STAPLES
No one survived to tell the story. My sweet lord, I can't help but be Paranoid. My systems locked in on true enemies and false friends until MegaData sighted the starlight gathered here. We all come from one planet but look at this personal holocost:
  • Jaguar Interactive (d.2001)*
    The Underground (d.2009)*
    Atari.com Community Forums (d.2010)*
    Twin Galaxies High Scores (d.2013)
    Jaguar Sector II (d.2014)
*accurate dates may not apply. Bah, Scientists and those mathematical gizmos... and the rate is accelerating.

Jaguar Sector II included Gorf's Programming Playground
I was an early bird at the park bench pecking at bread crumbs of the Native Demo to "Live by the Code" whose worm sandwiches created "Native Spirit" -- a homebrew I started changing the images in while awaiting reincarnations of the Playground and the next exercise on coding incremental speed... which never did make it to a final exam. Native does not even use the same code we were studying in the Playground.

METAL CAPS HIS EARS
Does someone out there hear me?
Deviant Art member MegaData carved "Vic Rattlehead," mascott of the band Megadeth, into a pumpkin in 2005 for a contest... used as my Avatar here.

PREPARE THE PATIENT's SCALP
Next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away!

MegaData can also be found on art and literature forums. My true identity can also be accessed from Facebook and sporadically through MySpace. I have no working computers in my home nor do I pay for internet at this time... which may account for my frequency in posts.

End of line.
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:22 am

Holy Crap who let MegaData in here!

There goes the neighborhood.

:P
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:21 pm

1. Homebrews are free to talk about, we just don't fel like getting shut down over someone talking about illegal ROM images.

2. Please refer to 3DOKid on this one.

4. It's ok if you forget, we only break one finger at a time.

5. Disharmonious-nes is judged by the Admins, there is no vote*; we are judge, jury and executioner.

*except in the case of Lightning, where ever he is.