3DO Gold Magazine (oooh, GOLD!)

Yep, battle chess.

Yep, this.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: Recent 3DO Purchases

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Nice. :)

And Battle Chess has "full screen display" on PAL systems. 8)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 pm

DinoPark Tycoon and more 3DO Blaster stuff? Woa! Big Spender!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:48 pm

That 3DO magazine looks way cool. I'm jealous. I see it's dated 1995/1996, so I imagine there are a number of ultimately cancelled games covered in there?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Martin III wrote:That 3DO magazine looks way cool. I'm jealous. I see it's dated 1995/1996, so I imagine there are a number of ultimately cancelled games covered in there?
Not really. It's mainly a compilation of reviews from previous issues. Some have slight tweaks to them. It also has a bit of history on the 3DO console, and some play guides for popular games. There are a few pages on M2 however.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Two of the 5 purchases I've recently made have now turned up, very lucky to get hold of these, especially Decathlon - that's one super hard to find title!

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Flip, I didn't even know there was a second Icebreaker game! I had a demo of the first one back in the day and loved it but unfortunately never got the full version. Going to be making up for that!

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi Phil, Icebreaker II can be legally downloaded as an ISO if you want a copy. There's a download link somewhere on these forums but I can't seem to find it now :(

Anyone else remember where it is?

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:02 am

feyo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by feyo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Hey.

Im obviously new here. Ive been eyeing the forum since I bought my 3DO, but today it finally arrived.
And I thought id best post it here.

http://i.imgur.com/uOet5hi.jpg

I got everything for 39€ including shipping. The game in the green case is Dragons Lair.

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 pm

feyo wrote:Hey.

Im obviously new here. Ive been eyeing the forum since I bought my 3DO, but today it finally arrived.

I got everything for 39€ including shipping. The game in the green case is Dragons Lair.
Nice! 39 euros is a very good price including the shipping. Welcome to the forums.

BEARD!
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BEARD! » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Picked up 6 3DO games for the collection this week ( All PAL format)

Battlesport
Blade Force
Dragons Lair
Return Fire
Theme Park (still sealed)
Trip'D

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 pm

feyo wrote:Hey.

Hmm... Not the two best games to start your collection with, honestly...

Nice controllers, though. I have the Panasonic one myself, and envy you for the six-button one. Welcome to the boards!

I just picked up a disc-only copy of Soccer Kid for $5 shipped. Watching ewhac and gammadev's Let's Play of the game enticed me, and I do feel like I'd like to have a platformer to play on my 3DO. I have Gex, but I prefer to play the Saturn version of that one.

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Another two of my latest purchases turned up today, especially pleased with Policenauts.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Liking that pad that came with Zhadnost! And oooooh that mouse! If you don't mind me asking, how much did they set you back?

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Last item from my recent spending spree has now arrived, a sealed copy of Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return, another really tough one to find (at a reasonable price anyway!)

Also, sorry Phil I hadn't seen your post, I paid 50 euros for Policenauts and around $35 each for Zhadnost and Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return, when converted to GBP they came in at around £45 and £22 respectively which isn't too bad IMHO.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:46 pm

GOOD GOING...

on getting IAOTA: The Return Si. Stunning condition.

I'll pick that up sometime, but would be happy enough with just a jewel case copy for myself...

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Cheers Ninja, took a long time for a reasonably priced copy to come along.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:54 pm

3DO Si wrote:
Also, sorry Phil I hadn't seen your post, I paid 50 euros for Policenauts and around $35 each for Zhadnost and Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return, when converted to GBP they came in at around £45 and £22 respectively which isn't too bad IMHO.
Wow! Those were pretty sweet deals you got there! eBay?

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 pm

3DwhO wrote:
Wow! Those were pretty sweet deals you got there! evilbay?
Cheers, yep eBay.

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CRV » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am

Anybody know anything about MAS Super Pro-Sticks? I found one at a trailer park yard sale, and at this point I'm pretty sure it's for 3DO. (The guy said he thought it was for Genesis.) There's two plugs - one looks exactly like the one on my 3DO controller. The other one must be for daisy chaining. Looks like the one here but without slow or turbo switches.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

I've been downsizing a lot in the last year and I don't really have that many 3DO games anymore (especially not in the longboxes), but I did break down and snap up a new/sealed Pataank yesterday at a local gaming-oriented flea market. It was $15 and is in pretty good condition overall. I'll probably crack it open since I don't really collect sealed items, and it's not a hugely desired or sought after game.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Austin wrote:I've been downsizing a lot in the last year and I don't really have that many 3DO games anymore (especially not in the longboxes), but I did break down and snap up a new/sealed Pataank yesterday at a local gaming-oriented flea market. It was $15 and is in pretty good condition overall. I'll probably crack it open since I don't really collect sealed items, and it's not a hugely desired or sought after game.
But can you handle it's framerate? :P

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Trev wrote:
Austin wrote:I've been downsizing a lot in the last year and I don't really have that many 3DO games anymore (especially not in the longboxes), but I did break down and snap up a new/sealed Pataank yesterday at a local gaming-oriented flea market. It was $15 and is in pretty good condition overall. I'll probably crack it open since I don't really collect sealed items, and it's not a hugely desired or sought after game.
But can you handle it's framerate? :P
Oh, zip it. You already know I like this game. :P

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 pm

3DO Si wrote:Last item from my recent spending spree has now arrived, a sealed copy of Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return, another really tough one to find (at a reasonable price anyway!)
Great to hear you finally got it, 3DO Si! Mainly because now I don't have to worry about bidding against you for the item anymore. :wink: Seriously, good find, and I hope you enjoy it.

I just recently bid goodbye to another copy with a longbox, jewel case, and disc, but no manual. It went pretty cheap, so hopefully that means I'm the last person left on a serious hunt for the game.

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Martin III wrote:
3DO Si wrote:Last item from my recent spending spree has now arrived, a sealed copy of Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return, another really tough one to find (at a reasonable price anyway!)
Great to hear you finally got it, 3DO Si! Mainly because now I don't have to worry about bidding against you for the item anymore. :wink: Seriously, good find, and I hope you enjoy it.

I just recently bid goodbye to another copy with a longbox, jewel case, and disc, but no manual. It went pretty cheap, so hopefully that means I'm the last person left on a serious hunt for the game.
Thanks Martin III, lol yes you can now bid without me trying to snipe in at the last second!

I saw that copy on eBay and didn't bid because of the lack of manual, I don't specifically look for sealed games but I always try and only purchase CIB copies. I was tempted though because it's so hard to come across but I got real lucky with this!

Good luck with your hunt for this buddy!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:42 am

Funnily enough, I recently found yet another copy of Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return with everything but the manual. What is up with people throwing away the booklet for this particular game?

Meantime, I've picked up a reasonably priced complete copy of Alone in the Dark, as I said I might in an earlier thread. It does sound like the kind of game that will make me bang my head against the wall a few times, but I don't mind so long as it's interesting! 8)

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Snagged a 3DO mouse. Now i need to find out what games use this thing. I'm sure this forum has a thread somewhere...

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:50 pm

We have to go through all the post as create a master list for the Popular Topics section. I know Myst works with it for sure.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:13 pm

3DO Experience wrote:We have to go through all the post as create a master list for the Popular Topics section. I know Myst works with it for sure.
Sneth is right, there is some older threads with lists. Here is one, and I think there is at least one more ...

http://www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/view ... highlight=

This may not be 100%, but its probably close and a good jumping off point. I would've sworn there used to be a list under popular topics ...