Another World pre orders are up

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

sneth
Nibbler

Another World pre orders are up

Post by sneth » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:02 am

It's a little sketchy, but the pre orders are up for the official release of Another World on Jag.

It is cart based

It is approved by Eric Chahi.

It is expensive

It has very little details, and the details we do have are mostly in french.

I would love to have another cart...but this one has too many red flags for me..

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Another World pre orders are up

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Really hoping I hear from RGC soon regarding this. Paid up front. Not cheap as you say and last email I had was an announcement of a delay due to cartridge label/other production related issues. I've never bought a homebrew game before and I paid for it about three months ago. Will be a sweet game to get for the Jaguar as its a title I was always aware of but never played so I will enjoy playing it. Possibly on Jaguar if not I will look for the 3DO one and my refund :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I already have 2 copies of this game for 3DO & Sega CD ... it is a classic (albeit a dated one) and one I have fond memories of. I love the enhanced backgrounds in the 3DO version!

Does the Jag version have any enhancements or extras? Or is it really just for the Atari collector, and to encourage future releases?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 pm

From what I recall on their (RGC the guys making it) or possibly the atari age forum the confirmed version was apparently a port of the original was that on Amiga or ST? I know little of the origins of the game or format it was originally on sorry. Anyways I remember one guy moaning at the lack of in game music and people responding pointing out that the original version did not have in game music. It looks cool and interesting, originally in emails it was confirmed it would ship on June. When June becomes July :?
Have to just hope it arrives soon and is quality as they were justifying the decision to go with a full cartridge boxed and labelled version on the basis that is a much loved game and they would ensure quality. Jonesin for it as I write this...I'm trying to just hope it is coming and all will be well but is of course worrying. Waited two months for the 3do console to come but the only risks there were it wd be damaged in transit or lost. I don't even know if this is definitely happening. Even it its far away would be good to get an update. Will need to email them again although that in itself sums up my woes surely replying to customers who have PIF should be a priority given the importance of reputation and chat online about it.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 pm

No music? That's dissapointing. Why go through the effort, if it's going to be a port of a weaker version?

I don't mean that to discourage ... OOTW is OOTW regardless of the hardware.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Trev wrote:I already have 2 copies of this game for 3DO & Sega CD ... it is a classic (albeit a dated one) and one I have fond memories of. I love the enhanced backgrounds in the 3DO version!

Does the Jag version have any enhancements or extras? Or is it really just for the Atari collector, and to encourage future releases?
IT'S BASED ON...
the PC release of the 15th Anniversary version, so it contains the original gfx and also the newer enhanced gfx too.

I was really excited for it, but the pre-order window closed unexpectedly at the undisclosed 200 mark.

I'm still coming to terms with it, as I'd love to own AW for Jag and refuse to pay the reseller prices it will no doubt sell for down the road (you can already blame the Europeans I'm afraid: Germany, Spain, Italy & France are the absolute worst for it :roll: )

I collect for the AES. And the Jaguar. Thus, I already know this :(

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:48 am

Trev wrote:No music? That's dissapointing. Why go through the effort, if it's going to be a port of a weaker version?

I don't mean that to discourage ... OOTW is OOTW regardless of the hardware.
Do you know if it at least has the various event trigger sound/music clips, like in the Genesis, SNES and MS DOS versions? I didn't mind that when I played those versions, just like I didn't care much in Flashback for most of the systems it was available for.