I list the Japanese narration.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

I list the Japanese narration.

Post by FUJISAN » Thu May 16, 2013 5:31 pm

皆さん、こんにちは! :D
It was me who could not speak English at all as ever, but even such I found the helpful thing of the forum.
I think to list a Japanese conversation part used in 3DO game of Japan (the narration).
I think them to be able to convert it into the language that everybody usually speaks if I use translation software. :)

At first I list the lines that the opening Dick Dastardly(ブラック大魔王) who had a request from goldenband of "チキチキマシン猛レース 2 イン スペース" talks to first.

諸君!待たせたな!オレ様の事を思い出したか?

そう、ブラック大魔王様だよ! ハハハハハ!

前回の作戦は「T-BONE WREX」とかいう骨骨野郎に、ぶっ潰されてしまったが、
今回は、そうはいかねえぞ!

ここに「ブラック天国大作戦パート2」の開始を宣言する!

間もなく、オレ様の悪の大要塞「ブラックスター」も完成する。

我が「ブラックスター」には無敵の破壊力を誇る、「ケンケンボンバー」が搭載されているんだ。

辿り着くどころか、近づく事さえも出来ないだろうよ。
しかも、オレ様が握っている最後の切り札はな!

オイ・・!、お前!
・・・そこの間抜け顔をしてる、お前だよ!

そいつが何なのか知りたければ、オレ様の所まで辿り着いてみせるんだな!

期待しないで待っててやるぞ!  

ナハハハハ! 

We can leave off around here.

:)
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

If there is rude expression, please point it out.
Thanking you in advance.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Wonderful, FUJISAN, thanks so much! :D This is incredibly helpful.

I put the text into Google Translate, and was able to understand some of it. Some parts are, um, very bizarre after the Google translation software gets done with it...
Google Translate wrote:Yes, I'm Black Great Satan-sama! Lol lol!

To bone or something a--hole "T-BONE WREX", the previous strategy, but had been crushed B--kake,
:shock:

(I've obfuscated the swear words/profanities to comply with forum rules.)

So obviously Google is making some errors (though "Black Great Satan-sama" is just Dick Dastardly, as FUJISAN posted above). But someone who's fully bilingual -- like the translators at ROMHacking.net -- can look at this text and turn it into accurate English.

This is incredibly helpful, since there's so little information about many Japanese 3DO games. It helps English-speaking 3DO fans to begin to understand what's happening in these games. Thank you so much!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri May 17, 2013 12:19 am

Google Translate wrote:Yes, I'm Black Great Satan-sama! Lol lol!

To bone or something a--hole "T-BONE WREX", the previous strategy, but had been crushed B--kake,
Bwahahaha!!! I seriously hope that is wrong. :lol:

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Fri May 17, 2013 3:02 am

Yes, I'm Black Great Satan-sama! Lol lol!

Ha-ha
it surely becomes a slightly incomprehensible sentence even if I translate it into Japanese in the same sentence.

Ummm...

「Dick Dastardly」=「Black(ブラック) Great Satan(大魔王)-sama(様)」
"SAMA(様)" of this case expresses an Mr.
(He is always proud)

「To bone or something a--hole "T-BONE WREX"」=「「T-BONE WREX」とかいう骨骨野郎」
Translation of the part here is slightly strange. :?
The word "骨骨野郎(HONE HONE YAROU)" is the bad-mouth that Dick Dastardly for T-BONE WREX swore.
I write it for your information.
「HONE」=「bone」

「but had been crushed B--kake」
As for the part here, translation seems to be confused clearly.
I translated it into Japanese, but did not know what he said at all.

If do careful expression; ...

「The strategy that I accomplished before is disturbed by a 骨骨 named「T-BONE WREX」 and failed, but does not go so this time!」

I think that it is such a feeling.:D
Last edited by FUJISAN on Fri May 17, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because I make a note using translation software, I think that it becomes a poor English sentence.
I'm sorry.

Thanking you in advance.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Fri May 17, 2013 5:12 am

Ah, OK, I think I understand! One note -- "m*therf*cker" is a VERY strong profanity in English. It's probably better to edit that out (since it's against the rules of the forum).

More to the point, I think here "yarou" is something more like "jerk", I think? It's pretty much impossible that a Hanna-Barbera cartoon would ever say "m*therf*cker", even in Japanese.

So based on FUJISAN's helpful translation and what I can see in Google Translate, here's my very rough attempt at rendering the transcription in English:
Dick Dastardly wrote:Gentlemen! I've been waiting! Do you remember me?

Yes, it's me, Mr. Dick Dastardly! Ha ha ha ha!

Last time, my plans were foiled by that jerk "T-BONE WREX", but this time I won't let that happen!

Let me introduce you to my latest grand strategy: the Black Sky Fortress #2!

Soon, my fortress of evil will be complete. And to prove its invincible, destructive power, my "Hopping Bomber" will be loaded with weapons.

It will be impossible to even get near it! And I have one more secret up my sleeve...

...Hey, you! Yeah, funny-looking, I mean you!

If you want to know who my trump card is, prove yourself by reaching my fortress!

I won't be expecting you! Muah-ha-ha-ha-hah!
That's about the best I can do. When he says "オイ・・!、お前!
・・・そこの間抜け顔をしてる、お前だよ!", is he insulting the player?
Last edited by goldenband on Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

goldenband wrote:Ah, OK, I think I understand! One note -- "m*therf*cker" is a VERY strong profanity in English. It's probably better to edit that out (since it's against the rules of the forum).

More to the point, I think here "yarou" is something more like "jerk", I think? It's pretty much impossible that a Hanna-Barbera cartoon would ever say "m*therf*cker", even in Japanese.

So based on FUJISAN's helpful translation and what I can see in Google Translate, here's my very rough attempt at rendering the transcription in English:

Yes, it's me, Dick Dastardly! Ha ha ha ha!

Last time, my plans were foiled by that jerk "T-BONE WREX", but this time I won't let that happen!

Soon, my fortress of evil will be complete. And to prove its invincible, destructive power, my "Hopping Bomber" will be loaded with weapons.

It will be impossible to even get near it! And I have one more secret up my sleeve...

Hey, you! Funny-looking, I mean you!

If you want to know who my trump card is, prove yourself by reaching my fortress!

・・・そこの間抜け顔をしてる、お前だよ!", is he insulting the player?

This expression was not appropriate.
I am not that good at English, so I apologize if there are any incorrect expressions.I'm very sorry.
ごめんなさい!!
When I input the word "野郎" into translation software, such a word has been converted.
I am sorry to cause you trouble.

What should I do to delete the thing which I contributed?
Please teach me a deletion method.
I'm sorry.

Thanking you in advance.

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 am

I was able to delete it :(
I'm sorry.

Thanking you in advance.

FUJISAN
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FUJISAN » Fri May 17, 2013 7:30 am

・・・そこの間抜け顔をしてる、お前だよ!", is he insulting the player?[/quote]

That's right. :wink:
He talks for the player of the game.
I'm sorry.

Thanking you in advance.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Fri May 17, 2013 8:09 pm

FUJISAN wrote:When I input the word "野郎" into translation software, such a word has been converted.
I am sorry to cause you trouble.
No worries! Believe me, as a (sometime) jazz musician, I've heard every profanity in the book. I just don't want our admin to get mad. :twisted:

I think I'll run my translation (along with your transcription) by the folks at ROMHacking.net, and see what they think. Thanks so much for this, and if you ever want to do more -- from Wacky Races 2, or Montana Jones, or any game -- I look forward to it! :D

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: I list the Japanese narration.

Post by goldenband » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:43 am

Over at the ASSEMblergames forums, user djandy was kind enough to check out my translation, and to my surprise he said it's quite accurate. His main suggestion was that I should use something stronger than "jerk", so here's my revised version:

Yes, it's me, Mr. Dick Dastardly! Ha ha ha ha!

Last time, my plans were foiled by that bone-brained buttinsky "T-BONE WREX", but this time I won't let that happen!

...Hey, you! Yeah, funny-looking, I mean you!

And I guess that's fairly accurate! FUJISAN, do you have any more transcriptions in the pipeline? :mrgreen: