Sentimental 3DO games.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Sentimental 3DO games.

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Dryden has a point.

Which game for the 3DO has sentimental value for you?

I have to say: Policenauts - despite the fact I haven't played it. i bought it in Japan you see. Special times :)

Novastorm also has a sentamental value to me. Although it is harder to qualify, but it's the only excuse I have for a game that I have owned 3 times and when ever I see it on eBay, i have the urge to buy.*

* possible cause: I'm an idiot.

So what is you sentiMENTAL game?

3DO Kid.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:48 pm

Star Control 2, I have 3 boxed sealed copies... the only game I've ever done that with.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:18 pm

bonefish wrote:Star Control 2, I have 3 boxed sealed copies... the only game I've ever done that with.

...my condition is worse.

I have (count 'em)
3 copies of Burning Soldier (even i ask WHY!?)
2 copies of Dr Hauzer
3 copies of D. (UK, JPN, Director Cut)
2 copies of Novastorm.
[mumble] Microcosm [/mumble]
2 copies of Escape from Monster manor (in my defense one has the JPN art)
2 copies of incredible machine.
2 copies of Shanghai triple threat.

it's the fear - i swear, they will be lost for ever if I don't buy them.

...of cause it's not true is it? But i can't even bring myself to sell them.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue May 01, 2007 12:55 am

For me it is without question The Need for Speed. I saw this game on display at a Software Ect. and instantly HAD to have it. A bunch of my friends and I were really into cars at the time, and this game provided a means of "feeling" what it would be like to own supercars.
It was sssssoooooooooo nice to have a car game that tried to produce realistic physics and driving experiences instead of the then prevalent slip and slide cartoony crap associated with most racing games. Automobile make and model specific over-steer, under-steer, weight-transfer, etc, etc, etc.... it was all there.
This game was awe-inspiring and it will always hold a very special place for me.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Tue May 01, 2007 3:21 am

Captain quazar and gex for the endless endless hours spend... please give me sequels :(

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Tue May 01, 2007 5:07 pm

Mine is easily Road Rash. I've repeated it many times here, it was the reason I wanted the 3DO.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Thu May 03, 2007 2:52 pm

Immercenary to me. This game is underrated, too many people shut down the game on the first moments, because of the constant deaths at the beginning.

The feel people (me?) that continues playing after the first though minutes found an interesting game. The history's pretty good too, I even think the Wachowsky Brothers have played the game a lot :idea:

The game had a true "VR feeling" back at 1995. The character design is somethig betwen bizarre and ridiculous, but I still like them.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm bumping cause this whole thread is sentimental ...

There are actually quite a few games for me, but Twisted ranks #1. So many fun memories playing it with friends! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

NOSAJ19
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NOSAJ19 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:19 pm

There are quite a few sentimental 3DO games for me. In regards to single player there are: Blade Force, Captain Quazar, Demolition Man, Escape From Monster Manor, Killing Time, Need For Speed, Phoenix 3, Po'ed, Road Rash, Soccer Kid, Star Fighter and more for their replayability, graphical capabilities and gameplay.

For multiplayer there are BattleSport, FIFA, Foes of Ali, John Madden Football, Return Fire, Return Fire: Maps O' Death and more for the fun factor of multiplayer against someone that you know and seeing their reaction when you beat them.

I have also bought some games in more recent years that I have found amazing upon my first playthrough, such as Doom, Gex, Wolfenstein as well as some more that I haven't got the chance to play yet which I am still looking forward to playing someday, such as PaTaank, Policenauts, Slayer and more.

pmerrill
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pmerrill » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:54 am

Whenever I think fondly about my 3do Wing Commander III, Need for Speed, D and Star Control 2 instantly come to mind.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 am

I always remember Shockwave. That opening sequence, where you cruising towards the pyramids

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 am

I guess for me it would be any of the first handful of 3DO games I picked up with my system--Bladeforce, Gex, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:36 am

HELL: A Cyberpunk Thriller. The first game I owned that had both swearing and nudity on a console! And at the time the FMV was great.