What are (is) the best Soccer (football) game(s) on the 3DO

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

What are (is) the best Soccer (football) game(s) on the 3DO

Post by Gunstar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

I've been a long time 3DO fan, but the only soccer game I've ever played is Fifa soccer, which is fantastic, I love it, but I've noticed while searching for 3DO games that there are quite a few soccer games for the 3DO like Goal FH, Virtual Stadium, VS '95, Olympic Soccer '96, Striker World Cup, V-goal soccer '96, World Cup Special, too name what I've seen (are there others?).
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:15 am

Ive only ever played Fifa.. Im not a great fan of football, but its always good with variety, so i hope people can pitch on on the other titles.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:14 am

Quarterback Attack and John Madden

those are 2 FOOTBALL games :P
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 am

I loved John Madden on the 3DO. If you squinted, I believed it was real. I learnt all the rules of American Football and the strategies.

Fifa is probably the best soccer game mind.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 am

I'm only asking about SOCCER games guys. the football in parenthesis was put there for the sake of non-americans, who call soccer "football." Madden is the only football game on the 3DO that's not FMV crap. There are tons of soccer games though and I just was wondering if Fifa was the best or not.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 am

the other games dont come close to Fifa really.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:48 am

Some are just the J-League versions of Fifa
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Since im non-american, i will call "soccer" football, and "american football" american football. The american sport has very little to do with feett on the ball, so it simply doesnt make sense to me. That said, i played it for 3 years (first year just practice with the adult team before the youth team was formed, i was too young to play at 15) and our team went undefeated from newly started to second best in the swedish national youth championship in two years.. So i like american football much better than regular football, but i refuse to call it soccer simply to please the small portion of the world who confuses it with american football.

Football videogames can be fun though, and im looking for a cheap copy of Fifa 98 for either snes or genesis to be able to play indoors football, where you actually have the time to score a few goals in a game.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Although Fifa can't be beat, most of the other Soccer games are pretty good too.

V-Goal is a very fun arcade style game.
http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1256

Olympic Soccer has some great animation. Onside is fun, worth grabbing from GDG if you don't have a copy. Goal Field Hunter is a wacky rare import, and seems to be less about actual soccer, and more about story and mini games.

Even though I own it, I've yet to play World Cup Special. I wasn't nuts about Striker, but I might be in the minority there, not sure.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 am

Well, I tried a couple out, including World Cup Special, game play and graphics are almost as good as Fifa, but the frame rate seems slightly choppier and you are forced, apparently, to stick with the default camera view, one of the many views Fifa uses.

But today I got J.League Virtual Stadium '95, an Electronic Arts release like Fifa, but only in Japan (Japanese league). It turns out it's using the Fifa engine and is the same game except in Japanese with Japanese teams and stadiums. (someone mentioned this)

I still need to try out V-Goal, Striker and Olympic Soccer, but so far Fifa/J.league is still the best graphically, IMHO. V-Goal looks like Fever Pitch Soccer on the Jaguar, which isn't a bad thing, but not as good as Fifa and they are both arcade style, I prefer sim.

I was just kind of hoping that one of later soccer games might have surpassed Fifa...mayby Olypic Soccer? It looks good in screen shots and I've read it has multiple camera views like Fifa...
Trip WHOkins?!?

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Re: What are (is) the best Soccer (football) game(s) on the

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 am

You will find the world at large calls football football.its in America a game primarily involving a ball being carried with and thrown by hand is called football. Soccer?! :) :P