Excel help

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Excel help

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:44 am

I'm trying to make a form with several rows each with three checkboxes (Yes, No & Maybe). When one of them is checked the row will change one of three colors, and at the bottom a total of how many 'Yes' boxes checked.

I have spent two hours searching the web and every "how to" either doesn't work or talks about things that are beyond my grasp. Does anyone know how to do this??

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 am

I can't wrap my head around excel (not that I have had much of a reason to outside of high school a long, long time ago), so I am afraid I can't be of much help. :(

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 am

You shouldve asked me back in 99, i went through what was called a "Microsoft integrator" class, made me an expert on the windows nt, excell, activx and other stuff back then. I actually still have those books, but im sure excell has "excelled" beyond that point today to make them relevant.

Have you had no luck with google or youtube searches? Might be some nice tutorials on youtube.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 am

No luck, maybe it's because I'm using Excel 2002...

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Could be, as im sure many new versions has come out between now and then, for people to do tutorials on it.. But then again i still find stuff from the 90's online, albeit not often utility type stuff.. But if you look more specifically at alterations of it closer to 2002 version, maybe its close enough to help you with your problem?

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 pm

this is possible, but you will need to use VBA.

I could do it in pseudocode, but I do not remember VBA syntax that well.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 am

I just don't know enough about this stuff. I've tried to find similarities between versions and even when I think I have it right it never works.