No Jag chat in over two months!

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

No Jag chat in over two months!

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:50 pm

It gives the impression that we favor the 3DO more. :wink: Seriously though, the old Jag deserves some love!

I popped in Tempest for the first time in months the other day. Even though I don't revisit the game as often as some, I can't deny it has a timeless appeal. I very much enjoyed playing two player co-op with my wife. :)

Got any Jag chat in you?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 am

There just hasnt been much doing on in the Jag scene in general. Lynx is more bustling than jag these days.

All the scene projects havent been updated in years.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Im still playing skyrim, but once im looking for an old school western rpg trip, ill finally break open the Tower 2 game i got some time back. My jag doesnt have many games, but im trying to build a decent collection eventually. I also got the Blackout! game on cartridge, and that puzzle game is just strange. Its more about trial and error than any real pattern, and i have little patience for that. But if thats your kind of thing, try it out. The guys who own the rights to it have released the rom for free on their website.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:41 pm

grimm wrote: I also got the Blackout! game on cartridge, and that puzzle game is just strange. Its more about trial and error than any real pattern, and i have little patience for that. But if thats your kind of thing, try it out. The guys who own the rights to it have released the rom for free on their website.
Not familiar w/that one, what's the site?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:46 am

There's still stuff going on in the Jag community. I don't think many of us have been bothered to post some of the news over here though. I know I haven't because my Jag has been packed up for a little bit.. Although I may bring it back out to do a Tempest 2000 Let's Play.

This game was released this weekend, apparently. Should be a CD and cart release: http://youtu.be/-LwpwwgMOYE

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 am

Trev wrote:
grimm wrote: I also got the Blackout! game on cartridge, and that puzzle game is just strange. Its more about trial and error than any real pattern, and i have little patience for that. But if thats your kind of thing, try it out. The guys who own the rights to it have released the rom for free on their website.
Not familiar w/that one, what's the site?
www.stormworksinteractive.com, but it seems to be down again, so cant get the rom that way now. there was some drama because some idiot dropped the rom after the initial run (despite them having proclaimed they would release the rom very shortly), and they took it down and lost heart. They did return with a second run (of which i got my copy) and seemed to have calmed down, talking about future releases. I dont know why the site is down right now. https://www.facebook.com/pages/StormWor ... 3812003995 is their facebook site, try contacting them there, or their release thread on http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?showtopic=33397 to find the creators (and some of the drama). They also have a long thread on atariage. Its on youtube.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25 am

I've been waiting for Eerievale but there's been nothing for over two years. :(
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm

3DO Experience wrote:I've been waiting for Eerievale but there's been nothing for over two years. :(
Yeah, I remember seeing the trailer and being curious about it. Guess it's s-l-o-w progress.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 am

Trev wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:I've been waiting for Eerievale but there's been nothing for over two years. :(
Yeah, I remember seeing the trailer and being curious about it. Guess it's s-l-o-w progress.
No, you can expect never to see Eerievale, sadly. Starcat has all but admitted he is done with it.

As for there not being a lot going on in the Jaguar World, there is plenty coming and a few that just released like Blackout, Duckie Egg, and Impulse X. Got Star Raiders coming and even though it's a port from the Atari XE, should still be cool. Moles looks cool if you like Lemmings. Atari Owl's project is still chugging along and there are still a few others being worked on still. Eponasoft also announced that Mysterious Song, which just released this year for the Turbografx CD/PCE CD is going to see an enhanced port to the Jaguar as well. First ever J-RPG style game on any Atari system ever. That's just a few things happening . . .
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Come back to Jaguar in 2 years. Meanwhile, Lynx is blowing up.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 am

That first part is sad to hear Freeker, as for the rest of it that's sounds good. Maybe I'll even hang off on the DUO version of Mysterious Song for the Jag one. They doing a CD or cart?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 pm

If i remember correctly, its a cd. Cartridge i believe he said was a storage shortage issue.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:20 am

Yeah, I don't think Mysterious Song will be a cart release. Doubt they would trash that the entire CD soundtrack they already have for inferior audio on a cart release.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 am

Good, I was afraid of loosing the quality on the music.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:32 am

3DO Experience wrote:Good, I was afraid of loosing the quality on the music.
CD For Sure. However, he does have other projects he has to finish up for the DUO before he devotes time to a Jaguar port, so there may be a wait, as per the norm with jaguar releases.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!