Experiencing some technical hiccups logging in the forums.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Experiencing some technical hiccups logging in the forums.

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:21 pm

I've actaully had this problem in the past ... I go to log in, and it shows my name at the bottom as a registered user online. But I'm not logged in! It's still prompting me to log in at the top! :?

Last time I played with my cookies in internet options, and that seemed to solve the problem. But not this time. I really don't have a problem having to log in twice (it is mostly just a mild annoyance) but since the forum already thinks I'm logged in it doesn't show any posts since my last visit. I have to manualy cycle through them, which is a pain!

I tried both these addresses, as I seem to remember it being mentioned as a potential problem in the past ...

cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/

www.3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/

Both give me the same trouble. :( Any suggestions? This just started happening yesterday.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 pm

If you have actually deleted your cookies and tried again, I don't know what else to say. Could switch browsers. I haven't had this problem in years, on IE or Chrome.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:48 pm

It's working now, but not because of any input on my end ... :?

Yeah, I had already deleted the cookies which seemed to fix it last time. Really not sure why this seems to happen every so often? I've probably had it happen maybe 3 or 4 times ... last time was maybe a year ago.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Lol, first I can't log in, now I can't log out!

I clicked log out, and got the message "Invalid_session" (well, I suppose that's one way of solving my problem. :P )

I also got this message when trying to make a post "Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form." :? What the heck is going on with my computer? And why aren't I having trouble w/any other sites I visit on a regular basis?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:06 am

I'm not sure what's causing this. Last week I had the same login problem on my iPhone, but assumed it was the phone.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:08 am

i have an idea never log out, thats what i do :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 am

Lemmi wrote:i have an idea never log out, thats what i do :)
Lol, true. :P

But I'm still curious as to whats causing this ...

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm really not sure. It's only happened to me once so I can't keep troubleshooting, last time it turned out to have a simple solution.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 pm

The newest in my seemingly growing list of technical snafus involving this forum ... every new post stays showing up as new since my last visit, even if I've already read them. I've had more trouble with these forums in the past few days than I've had in nearly 6 years. :roll:

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am

It happens to me because of the CD-i forums. If I try to bounce between both it and 3DO Zone, the site starts acting weird and often won't log me in even when I do it manually. Clearing the cookies/cache only helps for so long. What I do to get around it is simply use an alternate browser just for that forum.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Austin wrote:It happens to me because of the CD-i forums. If I try to bounce between both it and 3DO Zone, the site starts acting weird and often won't log me in even when I do it manually. Clearing the cookies/cache only helps for so long. What I do to get around it is simply use an alternate browser just for that forum.
Yeah I noticed that also. I did seem to finally get my problem here sorted out, but the same thing happened when I tried logging in the CD-i forum. I'll just have to remember when visiting there.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 pm

you could possibly be experiencing early signs of Hard Drive or File System Issues too.