Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

gmaster
3DO ZERO USER

3do panasonic sampler versions

Post by gmaster » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:52 am

In the usa there are two versions of the sampler with these serial numbers:
dfjn5001zbz
dfjn5001zaz

In japan they only made the one ending in az. In the pal versions, I know they make the az version, and it even says it is for pal systems. Did they make a pal version of the bz demo? I have seen the pal bz demo on download sites, but it is the same as the usa bz version. Does anyone know if a bz version of the demo exists for pal systems or jap systems?
Thanks

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:42 pm

There were a lot of games that were the same EXACT disc when analyzed, sold in NTSC and PAL Regions. It could be in this case that it was just the same disc for both sides of the pond. I don't have proof of this for this exact disc though.

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:02 am

I was wondering this myself. I came across the AZ/BZ versions when trying to complete my 3DO game list. Since the sampler I got with my FZ-1 has instructions featuring the console, I figured they made a new version for the FZ-10. (Hence AZ and BZ). I got really confused when I took PAL and JPN into account, though. I guess one way to find out would be to test those ROMs you found and see.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:31 am

At least byte-by-byte, there are different versions, and 4DO can differentiate them (using "Help"->"Game Info"). I don't know any functional differences between A and B.

4DO's game DB just has the 4 you mention:
* US version A
* US version B
* EU PAL
* JP