FB Battery Navi??

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

FB Battery Navi??

Post by nixzero » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 am

I've found a few 3DO game lists that feature the game "FB Battery Navi", but I can't find any good info on it. Does anyone know about this title?

GuruMeditation

Post by GuruMeditation » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:51 pm

I found this via Google...
"Need a car battery reference program? Understand Japanese? Then this cd is for you!"

Battery Navi... Is this a strategy game you might ask? No! This title isn’t a game at all. Battery Navi is actually a nice attempt by a company to promote their product. In this case the product is a line of car batteries called the Super Nova. When you start the disk up, you are given many options. You must choose the type of car you own (i.e. Honda/Toyota/etc), choose the model of the car(maybe also the year. I can’t really tell) and also the size of the engine. Then you are given a screen that shows you the correct battery type, in the Super Nova line, for your car. What good is this to the average user? None really. However, it does boast a happy mascot that praises the goodness of the Super Nova battery line. This item would have been useful for a kiosk at a Discount Auto Parts (or even a K-Marts since the salesmen never seem to offer much help in the auto department there.) It’s possible it was used at car dealerships as well. It’s all in Japanese, obviously, and has quite a bit of spoken bits(by the cheerful mascot). I must admit that after going through it a few times, there is quite a lot of information here. They certainly didn’t skimp on this title. I doubt they missed any make/model/engine size for any car manufacturer in Japan. There may even be foreign car listings in there as well. (Foreign, in this case, meaning US, British, Italian, etc) I would guess that this title might be a bit hard to come by seeing as it has limited interest to the general population. Bizarre Scale(1-10):Strange(5)

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks, my google-fu must be lacking. Well, it looks like I'm not missing out on anything here, thanks for the info!