Advice on selling 3DO stuff

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Advice on selling 3DO stuff

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:25 am

I've got a bunch of 3DO stuff to sell, since I have a lot of duplicates or games I simply don't care about. I'm unsure how to go about it, though. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to offer some advice? :)

Should I sell it all in one big auction? I don't intend to throw the 3DO itself in there unless it significantly adds to the value. I'm also wondering if there's an accurate rarity guide I can use to help identify value (such as "rarity guide"?).

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:44 am

i've been selling bundles. It's easier to ship and manage. selling 10 games off 1 by 1 is just too much of a hassle and not worth the time.

If it's worth less than $20 on ebay, wait to bundle. That's my process.

Keep the bundles light and worthy. No one is gonna by a sega genesis bundle that is all sports titles....that's silly. Also, dont try listing 25 games for $150. It might be a good deal, but it's probably too big for most causal shoppers.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:34 am

Ah, okay. I was wondering if I should do bundles to save on hassle. It certainly makes for the "junk" nobody wants (ballz, pebble beach golf links, Oceans Below). It looks like I've got some pretty rare (and possibly valuable games) in the box: Drug Wars, D, Virtuoso, Mathemagics. I'm thinking I should separate those out and sell individually.

I also have about 20 or more controllers, including mice and joysticks. I'll be able to test them. I'm kinda guessing I shouldn't bundle these things, but I really just don't know.

Do people care much about condition? Some of the boxes are definitely better than others. Also it's my guess that nobody cares about "factory sealed", since someone on the forum at one point said that it can be done too easily to be of real value.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:48 am

you can start by selling me a 3do mouse. :)

Purely from a sales perspective bundles don't make sense. More people are likely to buy just 'Ballz' than 'Ballz and Pebble Beach' because they might already have Pebble Beach. If you see what I'm saying. Plus you make less money on bundles.

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Also, open up your listings to International buyers (so I can buy your copy of Mathemagics ;))

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm

And remember about me, when you will sell sealed games =)
Looking for sealed and rare 3DO games and stuff. Just PM me about what you have to offer.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:33 pm

3DO Si wrote:Also, open up your listings to International buyers (so I can buy your copy of Mathemagics ;))
I'd buy Mathemagics! :D
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Don't we have rules on trading? No trading whatsoever unless it's with me.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:18 am

Boy I'm pretty clueless about selling this stuff. I've put up a few cheap-o's so I know the packaging options first. I haven't really done much evil-baying. Mathemagics may take me a while ;)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 am

JohnnyDude wrote:Do people care much about condition? Some of the boxes are definitely better than others. Also it's my guess that nobody cares about "factory sealed", since someone on the forum at one point said that it can be done too easily to be of real value.
You have to remember that many(perhaps most) bidders on Ebay are pretty ignorant, and hence won't know that it's possible to fake a factory seal. And for what it's worth, it does seem normal for Ebay sellers to note when an item is factory sealed.

As far as condition in general goes, I'd at least note if a game has the box or manual or is loose. You'll especially want to say so if it's loose, so the buyer doesn't get mad at you for misleading description or what not. Also, I'm personally very particular about my games being play-tested, and have more than once taken my bidding to a copy of a game that is listed as having been play-tested over one that isn't. I assume that these games have all been in your 3DO at least once, so it wouldn't hurt to say that they've been play-tested in the description.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 pm

while my experiences with International buyers has been mostly positive, I would add a word of caution there. Charge backs are almost impossible to fight. Also, some buyers will leave negative marks due to slow shipping. You have no control on if your package gets stuck in customs, and the buyer will likely leave negative comments and then start a chargeback.

Ebay does add a level of security, but you need to scan their background before allowing this.

I get way more hits on rare items when I allow international bidders. Just be aware of the potential hassles.

Dreygor
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreygor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:04 pm

-Always take your own pictures. I hate it when people use stock photos or steal someone elses. I actually want to see what I'm buying. More detailed the better. If you are going to say a box is CIB make sure you have a picture of everything including the warranty card. Also may help to go a step further and take a picture of the data surface of the disc, especially if you are claiming the disc is mint. If there is damage take a picture of it also. I like dealing with detailed oriented and honest people. This in turn bring repeat and word of mouth customers.
Become part of The 3DO Initiative! <-- Click on link!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

I like buying from sellers who mention their games come from smoke free homes. I hate getting games that smell so disgusting they make me gag ... I'd rather that be a result of bad gameplay, not odor.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 pm

I definitely agree with Dreygor. If it's CIB, show it all off, I hate it when people claim CIB and it turns out it isn't simply because they didn't know as much about it as I did. I once bought a CIB NES game and there was no Styrofoam in the bottom of the box... not his fault he just didn't know.

I will come back to sellers if they do close ups of any damage because is shows they care and as for sellers with stock photos I don't buy from them at all.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Dreygor
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreygor » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Most people think CIB means box, instructions, case/sleeve and game. There's sometimes a control sheet (madden football/doom/po'd..etc), waranty card, tatoos (sewer shark/night trap), game hint card (deathkeep), controller (zhadnost), or even a condom (short warp).

Usually its just like what. 3DO Expierience said... they just don't know.
Become part of The 3DO Initiative! <-- Click on link!