Mad Dog 2

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Mad Dog 2

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:54 am

Just played this on my CRT projector with the game gun, so awesome!!

I always thought if you get to the end on one credit you dont get the sand, but that aint the case, i made it through starting on shooting Beaver and used no lives til 2nd part of Professor, and still got the sand!!

Finished it just then, such a great fun game ;)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 am

Heh heh, I've never gotten anything but the sand. :P
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah you get sand til you go through every guide before you run out of credits. Its tricky, but not like Last Bounty Hunter tricky!!

vampyre mike
3DO ZERO USER

Post by vampyre mike » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Have fond memories of this on the Sega CD, but was never able to beat it.

Did some maintenance on my console recently and popped this in for testing, still a ton of fun. But I just must be terrible at it , I'm only able to get to the hills right after shooting the Lantern :D

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Of the 3 guides, I find the Professor's route to be the most difficult. The train section in particular I found tough, due to the movement and small size of the targets. Shooting Beaver & Buckskin Bonnie are easier, although I can't imagine going through all 3 on the credits the game gives.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:02 am

vampyre mike wrote:Have fond memories of this on the Sega CD, but was never able to beat it.

Did some maintenance on my console recently and popped this in for testing, still a ton of fun. But I just must be terrible at it , I'm only able to get to the hills right after shooting the Lantern :D
Oh yes, i have it on Mega CD as well, but have no gun and its terrible with the pad.
Trev wrote:Of the 3 guides, I find the Professor's route to be the most difficult. The train section in particular I found tough, due to the movement and small size of the targets. Shooting Beaver & Buckskin Bonnie are easier, although I can't imagine going through all 3 on the credits the game gives.
Without question, i totally agree with that. The train is very difficult, everything moves so quick there. Although the one good thing that makes his route easier is that everything is in the same order til the last part of it, where i think there is only 4 different spots they come up and they are pretty easy to shoot.

Shooting beaver is next hardest i reckon, cause of the stage with the random people, some of which are very small.

Buckskin Bonnie is all straight up as well i think, i cant recall any random parts in her route. The first part of the quick draw is abit tricky though!!

There is 2 ways you could go about this, you could start with Bonnie and do an easy run through to try gaining some lives before you tackle Professor, or you could go with him first, then use what youve got left to tackle the other 2, leaving Bonnie til last.

The quick draws are mostly easy, with only one of them having more than one man there, and only one ever shoots, so its always the same guy you go for.

I always loved the one where the guy with the cigar says "Hey old man!! Let's see how fast you are eh?" And you can reload and blow him away before he even goes for his gun!! :lol: