Wow. I am distraught.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:13 am

Lemmi wrote:i will take a 1994 ginger lynn over all of them :)
Yuppers. :P
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 am

I'm on to you, mister; you're just trying to take away attention from yourself. A very loose-tongued Melnorme happened to tell me about a fender bender you got into in which your flagship's glove compartment popped open and spilled its contents. At first your crew assumed it was just photos of fireworks but soon everyone realized it was issues of the Slylandro Sluts magazine. Glowy bits. Everywhere. You should be ashamed. Some of those Slylandro weren't even a Drahn old.
Hey now! I thought I explained to you that I was holding those magazines for Commander Hayes! They weren't mine! Anyway, those Slylandros were lucky to have a job anyway! Nothing like runaways (floataways?) that almost got sucked into The Void only to end up making mad stacks of cash!

Either way, even if those magazines WERE mine, you can't tell me that the natural voyeurism of a Slylandro's glowy bits isn't a bit... intriguing.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 am

I've forgotten what this thread used to be about. :P

Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:24 am

I'm pretty sure it was about Ilwraths Don't Wear Thoraxes.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:58 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:I'm pretty sure it was about Ilwraths Don't Wear Thoraxes.
Ilwraths ... I think you mean Dill-rats. Don't yuubuu?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:34 am

Trev wrote:
FrumpleOrz wrote:I'm pretty sure it was about Ilwraths Don't Wear Thoraxes.
Ilwraths ... I think you mean Dill-rats. Don't yuubuu?
QUIT TRYING TO SEDUCE ME WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL UMGAH HUMOR.

...wow, I'm not sure how I feel about where this thread has gone.

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:36 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:It may not be boring, but neither is waterboarding and I don't see myself enjoying waterboarding anytime soon.
C'mon, you know what I meant. :) The game is kinda fun, again, not grade-A entertainment, it's certainly made very poorly, but I appreciate it's horribleness to some extent.
Martin III wrote:I don't think Plumbers Don't Wear Ties can really be called a game (even though they admittedly make that claim on the box). There are bonus features on some DVDs which have a similar level of interactivity to Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, and no one would consider calling them video games.

So, I don't think you can easily compare the likes of Plumbers Don't Wear to ties to Big Rigs Over the Road Racing, etc. They essentially belong to different mediums, so they're attempting (and failing miserably at) entirely different things.
Allow me to clarify: Fun. Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is more fun to er, experience than the crap that I mentioned.
T2KFreeker wrote:
Austin wrote:
ArfredHitchcacku wrote:Please, good sir. It's not that bad. Yes, I said it. I'm not trying to change your mind, but I felt I needed to get it out there. There's far worse games.
I suppose everyone's 'entitled' to their opinions, but I have a difficult time believing the word of anyone that says 3DO DOOM is a good game.. :lol:
Who in the Hell said the 3DO DOOM is a good game? :shock: Surely, you jest!
Don't call me Shirley.
Trev wrote:
JohnnyDude wrote: I don't think the game is that awful. I'd read several "choose your own adventure" books, and I just saw the game as one of those.
No! :twisted: If you are gonna defend the game than so be it, but please don't compare it to my child treasures known as the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. CYOA books are amazing! The only amazing thing about Plumbers, is that some people paid full retail price for it ...
Most CYOA books are better than Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. But you can't get that same crap factor with them.
elitegamer wrote:True experience... I went to get this title back in the day! Took a bus 1hr 1/2 bus ride to get it (round trip). Got home popped it in... 10-15 minutes later I was back on the bus. I don't know how Alfred does it, but he does. He's been promoting Plumber's since he came on board. FrumpleOrz, Trev it be a pleasure, at least you guys aren't making a mockery of one my favorites.
OK not worth that.
JohnnyDude wrote:I'm on to you, mister; you're just trying to take away attention from yourself. A very loose-tongued Melnorme happened to tell me about a fender bender you got into in which your flagship's glove compartment popped open and spilled its contents. At first your crew assumed it was just photos of fireworks but soon everyone realized it was issues of the Slylandro Sluts magazine. Glowy bits. Everywhere. You should be ashamed. Some of those Slylandro weren't even a Drahn old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2xDJPc-yaM
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:...wow, I'm not sure how I feel about where this thread has gone.
Me too. I'm sorry I asked about your... glowy bits.

Let's get back to Plumber's...

TAKE your DAMN slave shield off!!

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 am

C'mon, you know what I meant. Smile The game is kinda fun, again, not grade-A entertainment, it's certainly made very poorly, but I appreciate it's horribleness to some extent.
Nah, I actually get what you're saying. I'm a big fan of some of those "outsider musician" folks, like The Shaggs and Shooby Taylor. I love it to death because it's interesting to me but most other people lose their minds when I play it. I almost had a mob started when I was playing The Shaggs at work.

Have you ever seen an entire office start pacing because they want something to end? It's a pretty interesting, let me tell you.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:02 am

JohnnyDude wrote:
Are you sure about that? I'm having more fun throwing around Star Control 2 references.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:09 am

Trev wrote:
JohnnyDude wrote:
Are you sure about that? I'm having more fun throwing around Star Control 2 references.
Having never played the game before, I went ahead and watched the AVGN review of Plumbers the other night. You know how that one saying goes? Something about, "..ignorance is bliss"? Yeah. Just... yeah. :shock:
Last edited by Austin on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:09 am

Star Control references? *JUMPING PEPPERS* WE ARE HAPPY *CAMPERS*.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am

Spicy games are always fun! :)

elitegamer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by elitegamer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:13 am

Back before 3do came out a friend and I use to play Populous for genesis and when we were asked why we were playing it or even why we liked it...? Our laughter filled response would be... Your mind is just to feeble to understand. Your mind is to feeble to understand :!:

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:23 am

elitegamer wrote:Back before 3do came out a friend and I use to play Populous for genesis and when we were asked why we were playing it or even why we liked it...? Our laughter filled response would be... Your mind is just to feeble to understand. Your mind is to feeble to understand :!:
I hesitated to mention this, but... these statements are very Mycon-esque.

Juffo-wup fills in my fibers and I grow turgid. Violent action ensues. Your mind is too feeble to understand.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am

JohnnyDude wrote:
elitegamer wrote:Back before 3do came out a friend and I use to play Populous for genesis and when we were asked why we were playing it or even why we liked it...? Our laughter filled response would be... Your mind is just to feeble to understand. Your mind is to feeble to understand :!:
I hesitated to mention this, but... these statements are very Mycon-esque.

Juffo-wup fills in my fibers and I grow turgid. Violent action ensues. Your mind is too feeble to understand.
Okay, I am just leaving it alone, JohnnyDude said it all, AND spelled "Too" correctly as well! :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:00 am

BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 am

ArfredHitchcacku wrote:
Martin III wrote:I don't think Plumbers Don't Wear Ties can really be called a game (even though they admittedly make that claim on the box). There are bonus features on some DVDs which have a similar level of interactivity to Plumbers Don't Wear Ties, and no one would consider calling them video games.

So, I don't think you can easily compare the likes of Plumbers Don't Wear to ties to Big Rigs Over the Road Racing, etc. They essentially belong to different mediums, so they're attempting (and failing miserably at) entirely different things.
Allow me to clarify: Fun. Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is more fun to er, experience than the crap that I mentioned.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I was criticizing your post. I just wrote the above because my initial reaction was to weigh in with which of the titles I thought was worse, and so I compulsively started explaining why I felt I couldn't do that. Very poorly phrased on my part.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:26 am

I was fleshing out the compatibility list for 4DO just a bit. (Which is http://wiki.fourdo.com/index.php?title= ... ility_List by the way). However, with much regret I announce that Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is not fully compatible. It looks as if the scenes end somewhat early. You will miss a bit of dialogue. It's otherwise fully playable, so I'll be saying 80% compatible.

Now, there are some other really weird problems. Bear with me, this is a little odd. Here's what I've noticed:
* The game makes you want to think it's full-motion video. However, aside from the intro video, all you get is still photos. Talk about weird. I assume this is a bug in 4DO.
* The babe (Jane) is definitely not as hot as the game indicates she is. This has got to be another rendering issue with 4DO.
* The plot is pretty lame, and the acting is awful. Why is Jane wearing a corset to a job interview? Must be an issue with the core CPU emulation.

So, the game works okay, but it's not working quite right. I mean, it looks like the boss chases her with a ballpoint pen -- stupid glitches like this are making the game ridiculous! With the emulation problems ironed out I'm sure you could play it normally at 60fps even with the 4 player split-screen deathmatch.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:55 am

:lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:33 pm

:P Ha ha, great post JohhnyDude.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:06 pm

... Why is Jane wearing a corset to a job interview? Must be an issue with the core CPU emulation.
If i was a woman, this is how i would get jobs. I have a pretty good CV, but if i could shortcut all the stupid questions, endless interviews and tedium, and if i thought it would work, i'd wear a corset to interviews.

Rust
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rust » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:41 pm

3DOKid wrote: If i was a woman, this is how i would get jobs. I have a pretty good CV, but if i could shortcut all the stupid questions, endless interviews and tedium, and if i thought it would work, i'd wear a corset to interviews.
Well, depending on your line of work...

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:02 pm

3DOKid wrote:
... Why is Jane wearing a corset to a job interview? Must be an issue with the core CPU emulation.
If i was a woman, this is how i would get jobs. I have a pretty good CV, but if i could shortcut all the stupid questions, endless interviews and tedium, and if i thought it would work, i'd wear a corset to interviews.
Who says you have to be a woman to wear a corset to an interview? I've gone to every interview I've done in a corset and my unkempt large beard. They'll hire you because they're afraid of what you'd do if you DON'T get the job.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:19 pm

FrumpleOrz wrote:
3DOKid wrote:
Who says you have to be a woman to wear a corset to an interview? I've gone to every interview I've done in a corset and my unkempt large beard. They'll hire you because they're afraid of what you'd do if you DON'T get the job.
Works too. I work in IT. Anything, anyone in a corset - it's all good. We haven't seen a female in IT since 1987.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 pm

JohnnyDude wrote:
Now, there are some other really weird problems. Bear with me, this is a little odd. Here's what I've noticed:
* The game makes you want to think it's full-motion video. However, aside from the intro video, all you get is still photos. Talk about weird. I assume this is a bug in 4DO.
* The babe (Jane) is definitely not as hot as the game indicates she is. This has got to be another rendering issue with 4DO.
* The plot is pretty lame, and the acting is awful. Why is Jane wearing a corset to a job interview? Must be an issue with the core CPU emulation.
lmao. Post of the week right here.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:54 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:Nah, I actually get what you're saying. I'm a big fan of some of those "outsider musician" folks, like The Shaggs and Shooby Taylor. I love it to death because it's interesting to me but most other people lose their minds when I play it. I almost had a mob started when I was playing The Shaggs at work.
Ha, wonderful! I enjoy outsider music too. I actually talked with Shooby Taylor on the phone once, and met Jandek aka Sterling Smith (who was very cordial).

BTW even those who find Plumbers Don't Wear Ties intolerable should give it points for the wonderful line from Thresher's monologue if you choose the "no job for Jane" option: "You pea-brained preppy, you vain Volvo-driving vulva!"