People--- a rant of my own.

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

People--- a rant of my own.

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 am

I hate people, I really do. It seems that no matter how good things are going there is always someone there to piss me off. This new influx of users has really worn on me The ban hammer wants to come down soooo hard and I've tried to be kind. I haven't banned anyone in a while and I can't do it in real life anyway. GOD do I want to do it in real life! There are people who are just plain stupid, people who are asses, and people who are both, namely the *exploitative*s that have to talk like they are yelling & have nothing but bass coming out of their cars. If they were so loud I could tune their *exploitative* asses out.

Ever feel like you want to murder the world? I've been feeling like that for a while. These annoying little turds and thieves keep showing up on this forum and I just can't take it. To be honest if it were for Trev, Vance & Kid I would have left. These guys make it worth dealing with all of it. I like most of the others here too but the influx we just had really gets my blood boiling.

I thought I'd feel better after I typed this all out but I'm not. Sorry.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:17 am

Let it out girl :shock:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: People--- a rant of my own.

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:56 am

First, thanks for the warm fuzzies. :)

Second ... I know it seems that we've run into a bit of a bad stretch as of late (possibly an understatement) but overall we are still a pretty close knit community here that is, more often than not, drama free.

I only frequent a few forums, but when I hear of what others deal with on a weekly basis (or more) it really makes me glad to be a member here. We may not have the quanity of many forums, but the quality is there.

Venting is good ... even if it didn't make you feel better, sadly. :( Video games are a great outlet for rage. Boot up Wolfenstein and pop a few Nazis (just don't tell Joe Lieberman :lol: ) Don't let the riff raff get you to down.

Hang in there Deputy. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 am

I think society, particularly in Britain, seems to assume the whole world is a service put in place solely for their benefit. From the seemingly endless supply of pig ignorant middle-class women in starbucks, with the iPhones welded to their ear, incapable of saying please and thank-you to the poor sod behind the counter, to the hysterical little drama queens we get on here, who genuinely think they have a right to be here.

There is very little respect, for other people or for themselves. Unless you are David Beckham or Tom Cruise you have no value so it seems. People seem to live in their own bubbles; barging past, shouting their most intimate conversations down the phone on the train, or being rude to the guy in the petrol station for no good reason.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 am

I'm so angry I'm actually loosing sleep over this. I was going to say I might leave (maybe just temporarily) but Trev's right. One of the reasons I stuck with this forum and all of the others I never post in is that all those others are full of the crap we hardly deal with. Both of the users you had to ban said that this forum is dieing, one public one private, but they are wrong. Just because it gets slow doesn't mean there is a problem, we just don't have all the BS going on that all the others do. Plus 3DO is a pretty small community so we really are a nice size considering.

I'm going back to bed.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 pm

3DO Experience wrote:I'm so angry I'm actually loosing sleep over this. I was going to say I might leave (maybe just temporarily) but Trev's right. One of the reasons I stuck with this forum and all of the others I never post in is that all those others are full of the crap we hardly deal with. Both of the users you had to ban said that this forum is dieing, one public one private, but they are wrong. Just because it gets slow doesn't mean there is a problem, we just don't have all the BS going on that all the others do. Plus 3DO is a pretty small community so we really are a nice size considering.

I'm going back to bed.
You're just like my wife. She reads something on the web and spends all night chewing her bottom lip over it.

Look, it's not worth getting bent out of shape for it. I've already decided i'm going to be more ruthless in the future. I just can't be bothered with the likes of Phatrat or Lightning. I can't say I'll nip people like 3DOCarlo in the bud, but intend to be a lot harder on those type of people. I don't have to answer to anyone, so why should I? I'll just get rid of them, the moment i have a suspicion.

The very last thing (the absolute last thing) I want is people losing sleep over a bloody 3DO forum? It's unnecessary - and I'm genuinely sorry.

Look, we come here to just to make fun of each other, talk about 3DO, ban Trev, let Lemmi grump and marvel at the tidbits of information we dig up. This remains the greatest 3DO resource on the web, but at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun, I don't want people worrying and getting upset. It's not how it's supposed to be.

Anyway - you quit, and you will be trouble woman. I swear.

;)

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:15 pm

This thread makes me sad. :cry:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 pm

3DOKid wrote:...losing sleep over a bloody 3DO forum? It's unnecessary - and I'm genuinely sorry.

Look, we come here to just to make fun of each other, talk about 3DO, ban Trev, let Lemmi grump and marvel at the tidbits of information we dig up. This remains the greatest 3DO resource on the web, but at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun, I don't want people worrying and getting upset. It's not how it's supposed to be...
You are right. Why should I be upset over this. It's text from annoying people I'll never meet. I do feel better now. *polishes the ban-hammer* Even that is funny because I think I got "ban-hammer" from one of Phatrat's posts! :lol:

Don't be sad Austin, after all you are good at busting chops when it comes to unrealistic prices. :)

acem77
3DO ZERO USER

Post by acem77 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:24 pm

1st world problems, remember that reflect and laugh about it.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:19 am

LOL I like that.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 pm

When the drama of the 3DO is too much. Just head over to forum.blueguerilla.org it's just as small of a community as this forum, mostly people from the old Dcemulaton forums. I probably wouldn't tell them you were a girl though 3DOexperiance, lol

Jones
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Jones » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Come on guys, cheer up!

It's true, there's a lot of bad people *everywhere* in the
world and from time to time you can't keep them from crossing
your way.

If you let them spoil your mood, you let them win.
I wouldn't like to grant that victory those people!

This is really one of the best 3DO resources I've ever found.
Some people might not value that, but this is definitely their problem.

My 2 cents.

And finally, trying to make some happy mood again, I am going
to tell the only joke I know in English language:
-cleaning my throat-

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 pm

...go on?

Jones
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Jones » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Because 7 8 9.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Jones wrote: Why is 6 afraid of 7?
Calavera wrote: I'll be the number 7 from the Game Guru code entry screen!
Calavera, what on earth did you do to poor 6? :shock:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 am

Jones wrote:Because 7 8 9.
Ban Request.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:20 pm

Just wanted to say...

Sorry I have been so bitter lately here on the forums. A lot has happened to me in the last month, but thats no excuse. I am probably going to lurk a little more than normal for a while. I don't really ever have too much important to say anyways. And it felt like this was the thread to post this in, so I did. No need to create a new thread for this babble.

And to add more to the discussion, people are the way they are because they hate the life they have made for themselves. Most people are guilty of this in at least one point in their lives.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 am

Sorry you're going through a rough stretch BryWI. :(

I haven't really noticed you being bitter, but anyway, I hope you are feeling like your old self before long. Even if you don't have anything too important to say (and I can relate) I still enjoy hearing from the regulars that have been part of our small community for years.

Lurk if you must, but don't go too far ... stick close enough by. :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 am

BryWI wrote:Just wanted to say...

Sorry I have been so bitter lately here on the forums. A lot has happened to me in the last month, but thats no excuse. I am probably going to lurk a little more than normal for a while. I don't really ever have too much important to say anyways. And it felt like this was the thread to post this in, so I did. No need to create a new thread for this babble.

And to add more to the discussion, people are the way they are because they hate the life they have made for themselves. Most people are guilty of this in at least one point in their lives.
Don't be down on yourself, i like you as a member and i for one appreciate your contribution.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:15 am

You haven't seemed bitter to me. And Kid's right don't be down on yourself... unless you can be down on yourself, in that case I'd like to see a video of that! :wink: