Retro Gamer's "Perfect Ten Games" for the Jag

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:57 am

JUST A MINUTE. THAT WOMAN'S NAKED.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 pm

3DOKid wrote:Why is it, whenever we, and when I say 'We' i mean everyone but me, talk about Nintendo, there is an air, ...an air that excludes me, even though this forum is my ship, from the conversation, and all i hear is mutiny. At best. Why? The love for Nintendo runs deep here -- doesn't it?

BTW: I love everyone. even though often we have differing opinions and you don't love me. Just so we are clear.
We all love you 3DOkid! :lol: Love for Nintendo does run deep it seems, but for me so does my love of 3DO & C64 ;)
3DOKid wrote:Not normally purple are they?
That'd be the US SNES, the UK one was much prettier... and by "prettier" I do actually mean some more manly descriptive term.
sneth wrote:The later you come onto the Nintendo train, the less you get it.

You must be too young to have experienced the NES. I guess the UKV lineup was not the same at the US as well.
No sneth I'm not too young, I'm 33, I remember the NES launch and I had Game & Watch's before that. That may be your own opinion that people can't be fans if they start owning systems after those, but that's just your own opinion. The first console I owned was a GCN and it made me a fan, as has the Wii and DS for several friends of mine. You'll just have to accept that the later consoles have done the same thing for others as the earlier ones did for you. Just because you might not like the later consoles doesn't mean they haven't made new rapid fanboys'n'girls.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Naked? Which sexist misogynist posted such a degrading image?

...should have guessed.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:20 pm

3DwhO wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Why is it, whenever we, and when I say 'We' i mean everyone but me, talk about Nintendo, there is an air, ...an air that excludes me, even though this forum is my ship, from the conversation, and all i hear is mutiny. At best. Why? The love for Nintendo runs deep here -- doesn't it?

BTW: I love everyone. even though often we have differing opinions and you don't love me. Just so we are clear.
We all love you 3DOkid! :lol: Love for Nintendo does run deep it seems, but for me so does my love of 3DO & C64 ;)
3DOKid wrote:Not normally purple are they?
That'd be the US SNES, the UK one was much prettier... and by "prettier" I do actually mean some more manly descriptive term.
sneth wrote:The later you come onto the Nintendo train, the less you get it.

You must be too young to have experienced the NES. I guess the UKV lineup was not the same at the US as well.
No sneth I'm not too young, I'm 33, I remember the NES launch and I had Game & Watch's before that. That may be your own opinion that people can't be fans if they start owning systems after those, but that's just your own opinion. The first console I owned was a GCN and it made me a fan, as has the Wii and DS for several friends of mine. You'll just have to accept that the later consoles have done the same thing for others as the earlier ones did for you. Just because you might not like the later consoles doesn't mean they haven't made new rapid fanboys'n'girls.
Remembering the launch is not the same as owning and playing. So, i would go back to my original opinion, that the later you get into Nintendo, the less you get it.

As i also stated, i'm sure it's regional. There are few people in the US that care about Amiga, but it's a much different story over the ocean.

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:04 pm

I was honest and said I only got into Nintendo with the GCN and I love them, I simply meant I remember it all but wasn't a fan back then. I take issue at being told I'm not as big a fan just because I became one with the GCN and not earlier. Since then I've collected old games and consoles, as have said friends who started with the Wii. I "get" it fine! Nothing to do with region as far as Nintendo go, it's worldwide. Amiga not so much, but the C64 was very much US & Europe, but didn't really hit big in Asia. Nintendo are worldwide though, so just because I'm from the UK and started with GCN doesn't make me less of a fan.

Basically, like I said if you started early that's grand, good for you. But that doesn't mean you're automatically a "better" fan or you "get" it more lol, that's just ludicrous. :lol:

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 pm

3DOKid wrote:Naked? Which sexist misogynist posted such a degrading image?

...should have guessed.
Where's it plugged in?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 am

After the last two pages, I completely forgot I was in the Jaguar sub-forum. :lol:

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:00 am

Austin wrote:After the last two pages, I completely forgot I was in the Jaguar sub-forum. :lol:
Hmm... yeah, from the Jaguar "Perfect Ten" games to a naked chick posing with a Nintendo. Only on this forum could that happen :lol:

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27 am

Well back on topic. A lot of the jag games there are still quite playable today...minus the one that doesnt exit...

Highlander is one I probably would never play again.

When AvP was out, it was amazing. It is also a struggle to play now. Mostly because of how far the FPS genre has grown. I remember playing games like AvP and Zero Tolerance and really loving them. No way they could hold my attention now.