3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:05 am

Welcome to the Forums!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:13 am

Zetr0 wrote:Hello there fellow 3D-Oh'ers =)

Finally after years of emulation I have now taken the plunge and got myself a GolderStar 3DO (I think its the mk2 - all black tray loading)

:D

This is now the Final piece in my pre 1900 - 1994 CD Console collection, along with a Sega MegaCD (mk1), CDTV and CD32.

tempted with a NeoGeo CD - but I am not sure if it got a European release before 1995.

So why the 3DO last ?

well its been one of those "I will get round to it...." and guess what.... I finally got round to it =D

To be fair you can blame 3DOKid's YouToobies I was getting all nostalgic over... so I said to my long suffering wifie that I wanted a 3DO for Christmas =D

I have some great memories playing a friends 3DO back in the day... with some of my most favourite games like what I feel are definitive's of the console -

Super Wing Commander
WH40K - Vengeance of the Blood Angels
Road Rash
Need For Speed

I had been playing these before I got them on the PSX, (well except Super Wing Commander (SWC) as it was never released on the PSX =( )
and while some of the shared titles might of had a little more polish - it was just not the same...

So a little about me?

Well I guess the first thing you should know is that I love to get involved with communities. Helping and getting involved is where I can say the REAL experience is to be honest...

Some Passions

Other than game playing - I love electronics, and have been part of a few projects to improve our beloved computers and consoles, I hope one day to help develop an SPI interface to an IDE / ATA solution -

If you know what that is then "YAY lets hack" - if not, don't worry, by the time I got half way through explaining it you would probably swallow your own tongue in self defense!

basically a Hard disk controller for the 3DO

I also love software development and I am looking forward to having a play with the 3DO SDK I have in my *ahem* TOSEC library =D

I am also a founder member classifieds trading community - www.amibay.com - an alternative to the pay-per-use sites like eBay and tazbar etc. its dedicated to retro computers,consoles and handheld's so if you are interested in buy/selling or even swapping go have a look and see if its your cup of tea =)

I also Love pizza and most Italian food and CURRY... oh god I love curry.. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and sharing hot chestnuts in winter =D

so that probably way too much sharing about me, looking forward to making some new 3DO friends =D

Z
Hello Mate! Glad to have you onboard :)

I think you are the chap that answered some questions I had on Retr0bright too, which has had way to little coverage.

There is out there somewhere a HDD for 3DO. I think the Russian guys did it. I think also, the Freedo guys did one too :) Or at least the specs.

Anyway, pleasure having you on board

3DOKid.

Negative Creep
SPAMMER

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi everyone, picked up a 3DO recently without knowing a great deal about them (having stuck with the SNES and Playstation back in the day). I have a few games at the moment, nothing spectacular but enough to be getting by.

I would make a post on how great the games are........except the third party controller that came with it doesn't work, so I haven't been able to do anything but watch the demos as yet. Once I buy one of those I should be a able to expand my collection a little more

Tatsumaru
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tatsumaru » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:03 pm

What's up people?
I'm new here, I got myself a 3DO some days ago, I was pretty lucky actually because I was just walking around my neighborhood and found a lil store with some pretty old stuff at sale, since I'm a video game collector I decided to go inside and check out if they had any classic video game on sale, the guy said he propably had one but he wasn't so sure if it was really a video game since it looked a lot like a VCR, when I saw it was a Panasonic FZ1 3DO, I freaked out inside of me, but I remained calm or else he would put a good price on it, we made the negotiations and I got it on a really good shape for only US$30, how lucky am I?
Unfortunatelly it's pretty hard to find 3DO games on sale on my country (Brazil) so I'm mostly playing pirated games. lol
I was looking for a nice 3DO comunity to learn more about this great video game.

I'm playing Gex and Street Fighter II Turbo on it atm. :wink:
See ya.

marco rossi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by marco rossi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 pm

ola y bem-vindo :wink:

Thiago Barcellos
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Thiago Barcellos » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 pm

My name is Thiago, I'm a movie critic and I live in Brazil.

My passions are Jesus Christ, my family, movies, games! Recently bought a 3DO FZ-10 new in box.

Many Brazilians love video games but there are few who collect. The good news is that collectors' market has increased each year in our country. In Brazil it is almost impossible to find games consoles little known in latin america as the 3DO. Here in Brazil you will find easily Master System and Mega Drive TecToy the toy company (under license from SEGA for several years).

I entered the forum with the intention to buy a paper insert "THE CLUB 3DO (3do Club join / promo). I hope you can buy! Just missing that Isert to complete my collection!

Sorry for my English! I'm using an online translator and trying to write in English I know.

God bless you all!

Thiago.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Thiago Barcellos wrote:My name is Thiago, I'm a movie critic and I live in Brazil.

My passions are Jesus Christ, my family, movies, games! Recently bought a 3DO FZ-10 new in box.

Many Brazilians love video games but there are few who collect. The good news is that collectors' market has increased each year in our country. In Brazil it is almost impossible to find games consoles little known in latin america as the 3DO. Here in Brazil you will find easily Master System and Mega Drive TecToy the toy company (under license from SEGA for several years).

I entered the forum with the intention to buy a paper insert "THE CLUB 3DO (3do Club join / promo). I hope you can buy! Just missing that Isert to complete my collection!

Sorry for my English! I'm using an online translator and trying to write in English I know.

God bless you all!

Thiago.
Hello Mate,

Welcome aboard :)

There was a wonderful article in a UK Retro Gaming magazine about TecToy, what they have achieved is quite amazing. From what I understand the 3Do was never launched in Brazil, but over the years I have noticed a few Brazilian 3DO fans. So Welcome. And don't worry about your English, it's a lot better than my Brazilian :)

Thiago Barcellos
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Thiago Barcellos » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:26 am

3DOKid wrote:
Thiago Barcellos wrote:My name is Thiago, I'm a movie critic and I live in Brazil.

God bless you all!

Thiago.
Hello Mate,

Welcome aboard :)

There was a wonderful article in a UK Retro Gaming magazine about TecToy, what they have achieved is quite amazing. From what I understand the 3Do was never launched in Brazil, but over the years I have noticed a few Brazilian 3DO fans. So Welcome. And don't worry about your English, it's a lot better than my Brazilian :)

Hello, buddy!

Thanks for the welcome!

Here in Brazil we speak Portuguese. We were colonized by the Portuguese and not Spanish as many people think. Yesterday I was playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on my XBox 360 and my brother and I laughed a lot with the name of the Brazilian drug lord Alejandro Rojas! Jesus Christ! Alejandro is a Spanish name! If it was in Portuguese the name would be "Alessandro ". And Rojas?! Nobody in Brazil has that name! A typical name of a drug dealer Brazilian favelas of Rio de Janeiro is Fernandinho Beira-Mar, Escadinha, Bocão, Cebola (Onion), Beiço, Negão (dude), etc, etc...

Yes! The TecToy translated many games and hacks created unique only for the Brazilian market (AS AVENTURAS DA TV COLOSSO, based on a children's program successful '90s); Sítio do Pica-Pau Amarelo (based on children's literature from one of the greatest Brazilian writers called Monteiro Lobato ), etc, etc..

The Master System and Mega Drive still sell A LOT in Brazil. I own some games and sealed Master System Cloud Master and Shinobi. And some very rare as Battletoads and Phantasy Star with Portuguese subtitles!

Thanks again for the welcome, my good friend 3DOKid! and please, if you know of someone that wants to sell the insert paper "THE CLUB 3DO" (3do Club join/promo), please contact me urgently! Thank you! God bless!

sanyo try
3DO ZERO USER

Post by sanyo try » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:29 pm

hi all..
my name is colin ,ive always been into games consoles since the atari 2600,and the mattel intellivision systems...
theres something about the 3do that keeps me going back to it..
games like road rash,need for speed,wing commander 3 (heart of the tiger) are just afew to mention...
and if i was a russian oil billionaire ill gladly give trip hawkins billions to make a new 3do console that would beat ps3 and xbox 360..

killerkobra
3DO ZERO USER

Post by killerkobra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Hello everyone from Canada

Im new here and am brand new to the 3DO. I just got one in a kijiji trade and have been laying it none stop.I have always been into older generation systems like the NES,SNES,all SEGA and recently fell in love in with the Turbo Grafx 16. I barley remember the 3DO as a kid, i just remember a few ads in EGM magazine for Dragons Lair. I think its a really great system with some really unique games and the music is simply amazing. I just beat Suer Street Fighter 2 Turbo and enjoyed every single track :).

im looking forward to getting the rest of the good games for this systems.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:45 pm

killerkobra wrote:I just got one in a kijiji trade and have been laying it none stop.
Well, if you keep doing that, you'll go blind!!!! :lol:

Seriously though, welcome. I saw from the other thread that you started you have Star Control II. If you take the time to learn how to play it, the game is extremely rewarding and very good. A classic for sure. Welcome to the 3DO boards. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:44 am

Welcome KillerKobra :)

Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

I LOVE 3DO!!!!!

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Omg! Omg! Omg! I cannot believe a forum exists dedicated to my pride and joy. This unique console holds a special place in my heart as it was the first 32-bit disc based platform in a 16-bit market. It delivered delicious CD quality audio, multiplayer support, high quality video, internal memory, and was just so damned far advanced for it's time.

I love the 3DO, I cherish the 3DO. For years now I would often argue which is the best of the niche consoles out of my top 5. Saturn, Dreamcast, NeoGeo CD, AES, or 3DO, I eventually came to the conclusion and 3DO ultimately became my hardware of choice. It may not offer as many exclusives as the rest, it may occasionally get dissed by casuals, but dammit my brother bought me that console!

I poured my heart and soul into it beating Super Turbo Street Fighter on all sorts of difficulties, completing Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon in it's entirety (loved that game), and exploring hidden portals on Gex. 3DO is my favorite console and I belong on this forum which is loaded with 3DO console enthusiasts. Panasonic maybe down and out of the gaming market now however I was cheering for them when I caught rumor about a new portable in the works (Panasonic Jungle). I don't care if it's for MMORPG's only I wanted them to succeed, make it into the mainstream market and be a success!

All that came straight from the heart. I remember myself when I was 13 years old used to repeat the words "Panasonic 3DO" to my big sister and friends over and over because it sounded so cool! I cringe every time I hear or view the words "R.E.A.L. Interactive Multiplayer" it sounds so fancy. That said it's great to find a forum that shares interest, hope to see you guys around!
~Panasonic 3DO R.E.A.L. Interactive Multiplayer~

Aw yeah. 3DO is the real deal.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Hello to all the new members. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 pm

It's great to see new people with so much enthusiasm!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Wow, that was one Hell of an introduction! Welcome to the 3DO world on the net. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

RanpuDentro
3DO ZERO USER

Post by RanpuDentro » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Ranpu Dentro here. I grew up with video gaming obtaining a NES brand new when i was just a wee toddler. I've owned every console growing up, SNES, Virtual Boy, Sega/SegaCD/Sega32, Saturn, Dreamcast, Jaguar, 3DO, Every gameboy ever made, ect. I've owned a lot. As a dumb kid growing up, i moved out of my Grandma's house to live with my Dad leaving behind everything but the latest systems telling her i didn't care about the rest. As years past, i hated myself for the decision, i am now at a time in my life where i think i might be able to revive my old collection, Most recently i picked up a Jaguar, a Dreamcast and a 3DO. I hope to fire up my old childhood gaming spirit with the introduction of some classics.

mario-bros
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mario-bros » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:29 pm

hello men,

My name is Mario-bros.

I have a 3do Fz-1 and my favorite 3do games are:

-Alone in the dark 1 and 2
-Demolition man
-Need for speed
-Killing Time
-Road rash
-The daedalus encounter

See you soon. :)

g40rocket
3DO ZERO USER

Post by g40rocket » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 am

Hello,

My name is Miguel and i'm a happy owner for 2 x Panasonic 3DO FZ1 and FZ-10.

I already learn much here and hope learn more and got some funny here.

See you next time,

Miguel
PORTUGAL

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:41 am

Welcome all!

Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:09 am

g40rocket wrote:Hello,

My name is Miguel and i'm a happy owner for 2 x Panasonic 3DO FZ1 and FZ-10.

I already learn much here and hope learn more and got some funny here.

See you next time,

Miguel
PORTUGAL
Hah, you've got the best of both worlds I think. :wink:
~Panasonic 3DO R.E.A.L. Interactive Multiplayer~

Aw yeah. 3DO is the real deal.

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Hello, almost afriad to ask...are there any Aussies here or am i the only one?

I live in Western Austraila. By the time 3DO made it to our shores it was already dead. Killed off by Sega Saturn and the PS1. :cry:

The Dr. owns three 3DO consoles , 1x FZ1 USA, 1x FZ10 USA and 1x FZ10 Jap and 107 games.

This is an awesome site fellas, i will be spending a lot of time here. Just read the Brain Dead 13 bug fix solution too, fantastic!!.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri May 06, 2011 3:58 am

Oh there are Aussies here, one's even been on TV. Welcome aboard!

vestcoat
3DO ZERO USER

Post by vestcoat » Fri May 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I just bought a FZ-10 and a bunch of cheap, mostly loose, games. I discovered the 3DO when I borrowed a friend's Goldstar for a few months back in '94-95. I had fun playing and almost bought my own deck when they were on clearance at Best Buy for $60 in '96 and several other times over the years.

I grew up with a NES in 1989, but the TurboGrafx and Sega Master System quickly became my primary systems and remain so today. I usually hang my hat over at the pcenginefx forums and also do some lurking at SMSpower. The N64 was the last new system I bought and I don't own any modern consoles. I like the 3DO because it's another underdog system with an interesting library full of hidden gems, diamonds in the rough, and innovative, early attempts to expand the video-game horizon with CD media, some more successful than others. I'm also attracted to the system because it's been relatively unaffected by the recent retro craze and games are cheap.

Anyway, I look forward to talking with y'all.

pmerrill
3DO ZERO USER

Introduce Myself

Post by pmerrill » Mon May 16, 2011 7:41 am

I have been reading these boards for years, but only recently decided to register. I got my 3DO in 1995 after a friend of mine showed me how awesome it was (is). The first few games I got (which are still my favorite 3DO games) were:

Wing Commander III
Need for Speed
Road Rash
FIFA
Star Control II
Killing Time
Twisted

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Introduce Myself

Post by Austin » Mon May 16, 2011 8:08 am

pmerrill wrote:I have been reading these boards for years, but only recently decided to register. I got my 3DO in 1995 after a friend of mine showed me how awesome it was (is). The first few games I got (which are still my favorite 3DO games) were:

Wing Commander III
Need for Speed
Road Rash
FIFA
Star Control II
Killing Time
Twisted
Welcome (five years ago, before I even joined!)!

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 am

3DO Experience wrote:Oh there are Aussies here, one's even been on TV. Welcome aboard!
coolie, so dude, who is the Aussie that was on TV? was his name Ben? was it on USA TV or Aussie TV coz there is nothing really special about an Aussie being on Aussie TV. :lol:
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 am

That would be our very own mattyg. (Yes we take claim of him.) :wink: It was Aussie TV.

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

what? when? where?...and why did i miss it!!! :(
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

johnwbyrd
3DO ZERO USER

Post by johnwbyrd » Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 am

I wrote the Coal River demo on the Portfolio 2.5 SDK. I worked at 3DO University for three years and taught hundreds of developers about the 3DO and M2 platforms.