Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:50 am

Good to see you here Ax! and I can certainly vouch for your credentials having traded with you in the past.
You are amongst friends :wink:
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 am

Hello AX! Aren't you over at NEO-GEO too?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:33 pm

the.golden.ax wrote:Greetings,

If you have ever been to Atari Age, you probably already know me :D

I'm an equal opportunity collector... My collection has plenty of classic games from many platforms. My 3do collecting is fairly healthy 100+ long boxes, several rare peripherals.

Thought it was time to come say hi over here.

AX
Hello Matey.

Well... do something... start a thread or something* ;)

*Welcome aboard :)

Superhero360
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Superhero360 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

I have been a 3DO fan from the first hour onward and found by chance this website :-)
I live in Germany and I was around 14 years old when I got my 3DO.
Oh the hype was so big. Movie like graphics were promised, all over the press and I just needed to have one. I loved the way the FZ-1 looked. But it was a hefty investment. The import of the US Panasonic FZ-1 cost me around 1000 DM. A huge cost for a teenager and I could only afford it with the grace of my parents who supported me.
I bought it from a little insider video game store around the block. The shop owner had a lot of imports and loved video games. I still have the original box from my FZ-1. A historic moment for me. My first games were Crash and Burn, Total Eclipse and The horde.
I loved it. Unfortunately as we all know the console died so quick. When it finally made it's release in Europe it was almost too late. So when the 3DO was officially going downhill I was able to get a lot of games really cheap and even got a Goldstar 3DO which came with a Fifa game for 99 DM. A tenth of what I paid originally lol. Since then I own two 3DOs.
I collect games since I was a little boy. Started out with C64, then Game Boy, then SNES, 3DO, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, PSP, PS3 and Xbox 360. But even nowadays I still love my 3DO most. It just has something to it I can't explain :-)

cu
Superhero360

avanteproject
3DO ZERO USER

Post by avanteproject » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi, I'm new to the 3DO and was looking for a cool place to talk about it, and here seems like that place. I'm currently waiting for my 3DO to be delivered and I've never played one before so hopefully I won't be disappointed.
Proud owner of a 3DO FZ-1!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:55 pm

avanteproject wrote:Hi, I'm new to the 3DO and was looking for a cool place to talk about it, and here seems like that place. I'm currently waiting for my 3DO to be delivered and I've never played one before so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

...stick with us. You won't be.

NaturalChemical
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NaturalChemical » Sat May 08, 2010 6:25 pm

G'day! I've had a little collection of 3DO titles around for a while (link in my sig), and stumbled upon this site. I really haven't played the 3DO that much, to be honest, but I'm hoping to dig it out of my garage again soon and try it.

I love the forum, by the way. It's great to see such an active site for a system so overlooked.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sat May 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Welcome all new members! Despite what you hear outside of this forum, the 3DO is actually a great system and can be quite enjoyable if you play the right games. Stick with us and you won't be dissapointed.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun May 09, 2010 10:44 am

NaturalChemical wrote:G'day! I've had a little collection of 3DO titles around for a while (link in my sig), and stumbled upon this site. I really haven't played the 3DO that much, to be honest, but I'm hoping to dig it out of my garage again soon and try it.

I love the forum, by the way. It's great to see such an active site for a system so overlooked.
hello mate! have you dug it out yet.

NaturalChemical
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NaturalChemical » Tue May 11, 2010 12:05 am

I tried it out, but it doesn't seem to read discs anymore :(. I might pick up another one if they're cheap. Though, I don't know how expensive games are nowadays. It might be best for my wallet if I put it off a while.

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Tue May 11, 2010 6:49 am

Run a lense cleaner disc in it, see if that helps. Might just be dust. Or if you don't have a lense cleaner disc, open her up and use a q-tip dabbed in a touch of rubbing alcohol to wipe her down.

MadMan
3DO ZERO USER

n00b here!!

Post by MadMan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:40 am

When my XBOX 360 got a red ring of DEATH, I hooked my FZ-10 up, plugged my Doc's IR receiver in, grabbed a controller and went to town!

I have 2 FZ-10's one with a FZ-FV10
A Goldstar with FMV too!
A big stack of VCD movies
And a ton of common games.

I bought my first 3DO when I worked at Incredible Universe back in 1996.

Right now, I would like to round out my collection, grab a CH flightstick, and make custom jewel case inserts for all of my single box-less games so they look uniform on the shelf.
This one's for johnny!!!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Welcome to the forums! I see you have an interest in Minidisc, they are my preferred format for enjoying music. :)

Auto-Fox
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Auto-Fox » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:58 am

Hey all! Just yesterday, I lucked out and picked up a GoldStar 3DO for $15 at a Yard Sale. With the help of my brother, I now have a huge-ish collection of burned 3DO games, and as I write this, I'm enjoying my console's music visualizer as I play a Dr. Onionskin album.
So, I figured, now that I qualify, I may as well join you people.
Hello, fellow 3DO fans!
"C'mon, let's go give somebody a bad day!"

MadMan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MadMan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Auto-Fox wrote:Hey all! Just yesterday, I lucked out and picked up a GoldStar 3DO for $15 at a Yard Sale. With the help of my brother, I now have a huge-ish collection of burned 3DO games, and as I write this, I'm enjoying my console's music visualizer as I play a Dr. Onionskin album.
So, I figured, now that I qualify, I may as well join you people.
Hello, fellow 3DO fans!
burned?
99% of 3DO games are plentiful and fairly easy to find.
They seem to err on the side of caution here, so let's keep things above board!
;)
This one's for johnny!!!

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:07 am

Welcome Auto. Try to keep the burned game topics on the down low around here, even though they have a whole area devoted to FreeDo. :roll:

Anyways, welcome! Hope you find some good advice here on games to get/stay away from.

You got an excellent deal on that, and if you burned the games because your originals were scratched beyond relief I don't blame ya.

china
3DO ZERO USER

Post by china » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:45 am

HELLO!I AM NEW PERSONALITY! i like 3do game, i am chinese people

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 am

Hello, 12349879asdf9sdf9879sdf I new ameircan 3d0 guys.. asdf9879s8d7f yes yes I is.. that's what I is and check out my web page .. @adso8iu0987ufdkjdkfj.nigeria - i hlep you yes yes.. yuo have lots of moneys from kingdom of niggeria - and asd90879asd8f7 we wantz to gvie it do you..

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:29 pm

china wrote:HELLO!I AM NEW PERSONALITY! i like 3do game, i am chinese people
We know who you are, you have just earned an IP ban. Please go to hell.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:47 pm

3DO Experience wrote:
china wrote:HELLO!I AM NEW PERSONALITY! i like 3do game, i am chinese people
We know who you are, you have just earned an IP ban. Please go to hell.
We may condem people to eternal damnation here, but at least we are polite enough to say please while doing so. :lol:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:17 am

Hello. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 am

wsallington wrote:I have been on here for a while but only reading. I just wanted to say hello.
Is that it?

Hello then. :)

Lightning
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Lightning » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello. I don't have a 3DO, but I want to buy one and am interested in participating in discussions here anyway.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:56 pm

Well the new Marketplace is now open. So there should be some posts soon. Or better yet you could do a WTB: 3DO console as you don't see many systems go up for sale here because most users already have one. You might more luck letting people know you want to by one.

Lightning
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Lightning » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:11 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Well the new Marketplace is now open. So there should be some posts soon. Or better yet you could do a WTB: 3DO console as you don't see many systems go up for sale here because most users already have one. You might more luck letting people know you want to by one.
What's a WTB?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 pm

WTB = Wanted To Buy

If you make a post about wanting to buy something just put "WTB: item you are looking for" in the subject line.

Lightning
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Lightning » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:28 pm

3DO Experience wrote:WTB = Wanted To Buy

If you make a post about wanting to buy something just put "WTB: item you are looking for" in the subject line.
Oh, okay, thanks.

wiibrewfan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wiibrewfan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi.

Been lurking for this forum ever since I bought my FZ-10 Panasonic 3DO unit in this June during my second trip to Japan.

To be honest, to main reason for buying one was the relatively low price $25, the trauma suffered in childhood for not owning 3DO (only drooling over screenshots in local magazines), no regional lockout and no copy-protection.

I only own the 3DO Sampler CD (JPN) and Sample CD of SSF2T, both bought for the high overall price of $0,40

I'm just waiting for the day when the NHL 95 proto/beta/whatever will pop up somewhere in the internets...

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:57 pm

wiibrewfan wrote:Hi.

Been lurking for this forum ever since I bought my FZ-10 Panasonic 3DO unit in this June during my second trip to Japan.

To be honest, to main reason for buying one was the relatively low price $25, the trauma suffered in childhood for not owning 3DO (only drooling over screenshots in local magazines), no regional lockout and no copy-protection.

I only own the 3DO Sampler CD (JPN) and Sample CD of SSF2T, both bought for the high overall price of $0,40

I'm just waiting for the day when the NHL 95 proto/beta/whatever will pop up somewhere in the internets...

Welcome aboard, and nice price on the SST Sample.

I have a Youtube video up of 3DO NHL 96 showing in-game footage. I know that the game was very near release when it was finally cancelled. Keep your fingers crossed.

wiibrewfan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wiibrewfan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:54 pm

bitrate wrote:
wiibrewfan wrote:Hi.

I'm just waiting for the day when the *NHL 96 proto/beta/whatever will pop up somewhere in the internets...

Welcome aboard, and nice price on the SST Sample.

I have a Youtube video up of 3DO NHL 96 showing in-game footage. I know that the game was very near release when it was finally cancelled. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thank you bitrate!

I know about the video, and I'm happy that you've uploaded it to the tubes. I also know that you have big bunch of rare/unreleased 3DO games in your colletion, but no NHL 96.

I've learned a lot of new things about the 3do through this forum. And found even some entertainment (Mattyg's 15 minutes of fame in the gameshow) :)

3DO (at least the FZ-10) is a very durable system. Mine got under broken air conditioner at some low budget hostel in Osaka. Condensed water from the air conditioner was dripping at large amounts on top of it. I noticed this horror as I was coming back from the bath. The system was on still running the game. I quickly dried it with all sorts of towels and clothes I managed to find in a short time and then left the system on. It still works.