Any way to view the files on a 3DO Disk?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

MrAshDarksideTM
3DO ZERO USER

Any way to view the files on a 3DO Disk?

Post by MrAshDarksideTM » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:30 am

For some reason whenever I put a 3DO disk into my CD drive there seem to be no files on the disk, nor if I rip the CD to ISO, I can't seem to open up the ISO file. Is there any trick to it? I have a little experiment I want to run.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Any way to view the files on a 3DO Disk?

Post by pitsunami » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:33 am

MrAshDarksideTM wrote:For some reason whenever I put a 3DO disk into my CD drive there seem to be no files on the disk, nor if I rip the CD to ISO, I can't seem to open up the ISO file. Is there any trick to it? I have a little experiment I want to run.
Uncd-rom is one little app that you can use for that and i think windowkiller has made one too but my memory is awful! :)
btw every experiment on 3do disks is a waste of time,there is not much that you can do!

MrAshDarksideTM
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MrAshDarksideTM » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks, that worked like a charm, I just noticed that the files on the DOS version of Starfighter are identical to the ones on the PSX version, was just hoping I could borrow a few files from the 3DO version to get the DOS version looking great, but the 3DO version uses a drastically different file set up. Oh well was worth a shot.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.

WindowsKiller
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Any way to view the files on a 3DO Disk?

Post by WindowsKiller » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:02 pm

pitsunami wrote:[...] and i think windowkiller has made one too but my memory is awful! :)
Yes, I did:
http://gtw3do.retro-net.de/misc/OperaFSReader003.zip

Looks awful but is nice and easy to use, not having to deal with the command line.

totaku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by totaku » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:51 am

btw every experiment on 3do disks is a waste of time,there is not much that you can do!

Why? With Altmer's OperaFScompiler you can get files from disks and compile them again for playing on the emulator (with the patched bios) or the original console, using some files from the other disks. However, I still can't make that one :)
Then, you can convert music from game CDs with "Zstreamreader" and look and convert images with "3doresexplorer". And of course nothing stops you from installing 3DO development programs inside virtualbox and change every file as you want.
So there are a lot of things you can do =D
For example - find a nude girl photo in "Alone in the dark 2" in root directory =D
3DO community Russia.

3DO Planet!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:43 pm

totaku wrote:btw every experiment on 3do disks is a waste of time,there is not much that you can do!

Why? With Altmer's OperaFScompiler you can get files from disks and compile them again for playing on the emulator (with the patched bios) or the original console, using some files from the other disks. However, I still can't make that one :)
Then, you can convert music from game CDs with "Zstreamreader" and look and convert images with "3doresexplorer". And of course nothing stops you from installing 3DO development programs inside virtualbox and change every file as you want.
So there are a lot of things you can do =D
For example - find a nude girl photo in "Alone in the dark 2" in root directory =D
really?

totaku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by totaku » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:24 pm

Yes. I had even began a topic about such interesting things on our russian forum. Nude girl in AITD2, secret car in Autobahn Tokio which can't be opened in the game (actually I found out that it could be opened but only through the Game Guru), the secret moonlander game in Icebreaker (included in Mnemonic's Homebrew disk #1), beta versions of menus in Po'eD - these are all things that I had found by myself. I guess there are a lot of such secret files that can't be obtained by any other way than decompiling game CDs.

And sorry for my bad english if there are some mistakes :oops:
3DO community Russia.

3DO Planet!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:57 am

totaku wrote:Yes. I had even began a topic about such interesting things on our russian forum. Nude girl in AITD2, secret car in Autobahn Tokio which can't be opened in the game (actually I found out that it could be opened but only through the Game Guru), the secret moonlander game in Icebreaker (included in Mnemonic's Homebrew disk #1), beta versions of menus in Po'eD - these are all things that I had found by myself. I guess there are a lot of such secret files that can't be obtained by any other way than decompiling game CDs.

And sorry for my bad english if there are some mistakes :oops:
Oh wow :)

I'm going to have a look.

(PS: What bad English? :) )