Introduce yourself.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:23 am

I appreciate it all. Wasn't too sure how this would fare for me, but it is good to be back. The problem isn't being laid off, it's finding a job. The market here in California is horrid. Hell, tons of the local banks and check cashing places are refusing state issued checks even. That's some crap right there. Glad to be back though.

@Trev, yes, I am afraid it is probably time for 3DOManiac to come to an end, especially since I am beginning a new chapter in my life as a Video Game Reviewer for Classic Video Gamer Magazine. Not getting paid for it at this time, but the more people that support the magazine and buy it, the better the chances are that will happen. And you know that some 3DO reviews will be coming from me as it's the least I can do to try and get some much needed support back to everyone's favorite little 32-Bit system. I do appreciate it though guys as it has made me feel a bit better about things as they did get scary here for a while. Oh, and my Son is doing fine. Remission is a great thing and that is the best thing that has happened to me this year. That it is an important thing though, I feel blessed there.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:27 am

Welcome back T2K! Hope things goes well for you from now on. :wink:

Old Gregg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Old Gregg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi, I'm Old Gregg! I like playing 3DO and painting water pictures.
I'm Old Gregg!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 am

Howdy Old Gregg & welcome.

mitchsnell
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mitchsnell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:38 am

Hello everyone..
How are you guys, i hope you all are fine and enjoying the life..
I like my Sci-Fi as well, especially the new Battlestar Galactica.
That's simply brilliant drama.
Thanks for great thread..

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:45 am

Welcome aboard everyone. I hope you are well.

;)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:23 am

Hey everyone.
I'm theblasphemousbear, you can call me bear for short, if you want. (I really don't care, it's your prerogative.)
Uh, I like FPSs mostly, when it comes to games, but I'll sit through pretty much everything.
My favorite game on the 3DO is Pataank. That game is 2pro.

And I've never used a 3DO Emu, as I don't need one. I'd just fire up my 3DO and play it.

Also, as you might've been able to tell by my avi, I love DooM.
I also love Aphex Twin.
Uh... that's it, for now.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi bear, you might love DOOM but you'll prob like it on another system. LOL
Welcome to the forums!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:18 am

Anyone w/a love of PaTaank is alright in my book ... welcome theblasphemousbear.

LiquidPolicenaut
3DO ZERO USER

Post by LiquidPolicenaut » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:56 am

Hello all! I am LiquidPolicenaut and I, too, am a 3DO fan. I am part of the original "$699" club...the original owners group :) I've had my FZ-1 for 16 years now (!) *sigh* So many memories I have with my lil baby. I remember just playing with the Sampler CD that came with the system and liking all the coming soon posters (although the games never really turned out like they said...and some never came out!!!) and watching the clip of the Batman cartoon...so many nice colors :)

I remember both loving and not loving Crash n' Burn lol. I remember waiting breathlessly for any big release (Super SFII, Shockwave and Road Rash especially). I remember loving the huge color jump in Night Trap from the Sega CD (which I also love) to the 3DO. I even remember buying my last retail 3DO game (Snowjob). I remember receiving my Policenauts Deluxe edition with the nice black mouse (I also run a Policenauts & Snatcher site so it made an even MORE of a splash for me). I could go on and on with my memories...but I shall stop here for now...

Recently, I was reinvigorated to play through many of my 3DO games and wanted more people to just to see what the 3DO could offer so I have begun uploading a hell of a lot of 3DO videos to Youtube.

Well, that's it for now. I look forward to being a part of many great conversations on this board!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 am

Snatcher has to be one of my favorite Sega CD games. Welcome to the boards!

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:07 am

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forums! I absolutely love my 3DO. I own 2 FZ-1's currently. Looking to get an FZ-10 as well.

I own about 120 3DO games. One of my favorite consoles of all time. I found this forum and thought it'd be awesome to chat with some fellow 3DO Gamers. There doesnt seem to be much of us left sadly :(

Recently I've been chatting with Andrew Looney who made Icebreaker, and he has been kind enough to send me a copy of Icebreaker 2! Also, I sent him my copy of the first Icebreaker, and he's gonna sign it for me!

I look foward to chatting with you all!

Have a great day!

Joe

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 am

I'd love for Andrew to pop in on our forum, even for just a quick hello ...

Gazza
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gazza » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:49 am

Hi guys (and gals?),
I've been a 3DO owner for only a year or so, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Here in South Africa it's impossible to get a hold off anything related to the 3DO, so importing is my only option.
Anyway, so I've managed to put together a decent sized collection in a short span of time, and as I said previously, I'm really enjoying the games that this system has to offer.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay.

Gazza
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gazza » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:08 pm

BryWI wrote:Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay.
Thanks. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Gazza wrote:Hi guys (and gals?),
I've been a 3DO owner for only a year or so, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
Here in South Africa it's impossible to get a hold off anything related to the 3DO, so importing is my only option.
Anyway, so I've managed to put together a decent sized collection in a short span of time, and as I said previously, I'm really enjoying the games that this system has to offer.
Hello Mate,

Welcome aboard!

3DOKid.

Gazza
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gazza » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:09 am

3DOKid wrote:Hello Mate,

Welcome aboard!

3DOKid.
Thank you.
It was actually via your blog that I came upon this site. Glad to be here. :)

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T.A.P. » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:33 am

Hi everybody!

I've been interested in the 3DO for a few years now, but I just discovered this place today, after reading a bunch of the 3DO Kid's reviews.

I live in the gray, polluted, rusted-out wasteland of America: Michigan

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:57 am

welcome all the new guys and gals (if there is any others) :D

and im sorry TAP for your living location cough..cough (dont look under my name) :wink:
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T.A.P.
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T.A.P. » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:05 am

I feel your pain Lemmi, I feel your pain.

What part are you stuck in? I'm just a little bit south of Detroit.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:14 am

oh im also alittle bit south of detroit, in a city with the initials L.P.
:)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:11 am

Hey guys, I'm new here. I found this via the AtariAge forums.

I've had multiple 3DO systems in the past. Originally had a Goldstar unit in the mid-'90s towards the end of the system's life, and then manged to score a FZ-10 in the early 2000's through collecting. I sold all of my stuff a few years back though.. but I'm slowly getting some of it back as the bug(s) hit me. In collecting it in the past, I have (unfortunately) played most of the two-frames-per-second garbage, but have (fortunately) cherished the quality titles on the system.

Anyways, I just re-discovered the system again about a month ago when I picked up another FZ-10 unit (Lucky me, it looks nearly brand-new, complete). Man, I forgot how awesome the FZ-10 controller was... I've already finished Wolfenstein, am halfway through Monster Manor, and am determined to finally finish Icebreaker (sometime this next year at least, hehe.. I'm at level 30 something right now). Also like what I've been doing with my newly-obtained classic systems, I have about eight or nine 3DO YouTube videos to upload, so I will probably post a link here when they are all up in the upcoming weeks.

Anyways, I don't expect to be too active here, but I'll probably pop a reply here and there during downtime at work. :D

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:46 am

Nice story. Welcome to the forums!

GameCubed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by GameCubed » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:56 am

Hi everyone! I'm really happy to have found this forum. It's cool to know there are still people out there who remember the 3DO with fondness. I remember being tantalized by the 3DO back in the day, when I could barely afford a Super Nintendo. I used to get pretty jealous of the system whenever I'd read reviews in GamePro. Years later, and I've finally acquired a bunch of 3DO stuff. I really like the classiness of the system. I collect a lot of games and gaming systems, but there's something special about the 3DO that the PlayStation and Saturn just can't touch.

I currently have a couple FZ-1 consoles and at least 100 different games, several GameGuns, and a Flight Stick Pro. While I still break out the 3DO from time to time for some FMV goodness, the stuff mostly sits unused.

I'm pretty open to selling any of the games or accessories. I'm not sure if there's much selling that happens on the forum, but I could put together a list of games if anyone out there is interested.

Anyway, cool forum! Thanks to all who maintain it!

Power and Chaos
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Power and Chaos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 am

Hi everyone, I'm Robert. Just stumbled on here as I'm looking to rebuild a 3DO collection again now that I'm divorced. I had a large collection which I sold off about 10 years ago when me and my wife decided to get married. I'm hoping to build a new 3DO collection up as it was a system which brought me many happy memories.

B.C Racers
Flashback
Alone in the Dark
Bladeforce
Battlechess
Olympic Soccer
FIFA Soccer (full game and demo)
Rise Of The Robots
Need for Speed
Madden
Dragons Lair
Psychic Detective (full game and review demo)
Super Street Fighter 2
Total Eclipse
Wolfenstein 3D
Policenauts USA (review demo)
Lemmings
Jurassic park
Road Rash
Syndicate
Demolition Man (I think, I might have had it on SNES of Genesis)

And more which I can't remember

As you can see I had quite a collection which I ended up selling for £150 in 2001. It may be worth more or less I dunno, but I didn't lose out too much as a lot of the games I received from my friend who worked for Games Master at the time.

But anyway, I am looking to rebuild a collection. I'm not a huge fan on emulation, but I've had to resort to it in recent years as the missus would whinge if I went and bought an old console or computer system. But now I've got some money to spend and no nagging wife to worry about. So hopefully I'll be sticking around and getting advice and info on the best places to buy.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:44 am

Hello Mate! Welcome aboard. I'd say sorry about the divorce, but erm, you sound pretty happy about it. ;)

3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Welcome to the forums! I don't understand why someone would force a person they married to get rid of something they love. In cases of no space or the need of money I could understand.

the.golden.ax
3DO ZERO USER

Post by the.golden.ax » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Greetings,

If you have ever been to Atari Age, you probably already know me :D

I'm an equal opportunity collector... My collection has plenty of classic games from many platforms. My 3do collecting is fairly healthy 100+ long boxes, several rare peripherals.

Thought it was time to come say hi over here.

AX

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 am

Welcome! :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5