3DO connection problems

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Devoid
3DO ZERO USER

3DO connection problems

Post by Devoid » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:31 pm

I am having problems getting an image display from my newly bought Goldstar 3DO and, it being my first console that I have ever owned, has led me to conclude that I am potentially connecting it incorrectly, or am tuning the TV in the wrong fashion. So any advice would be great.

I am using an RCA connection, with a plug that looks like this: http://www.nhpa40.org/b2b/pics/SCART_to_6_RCA_Plug.jpg. I have plugged it into the AV exit on my TV and the revelant outputs on the 3DO. However when I switch on the 3DO the power button goes red, but the TV just keeps on playing its usual channels. When I put in a cd the access button flashes green, but still no display [ie the TV is playing Sky and not recognizing a console is connected]. I have a samsung le37r88bd Lcd TV.

So have I connected the console incorrectly, or am I not tuning the TV. If the latter is true, what channel do I need to put it on, do I need to switch off Sky ect....? Any help would be great. Thanks

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:43 pm

AV exit sounds like that is an output for your tv not an input. make sure you are using an input to plug the rca cords in to. Then most tvs you have to change to the input you are trying to use. Usualy on the remote or tv there is a button that will say input and you can change the input to rca1, rca2, hdmi1... etc etc. You will have to change the input to what you are trying to use. Hope this helps.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 pm

If you were using RF you'd have to put in on channel 3 I believe.

But since you're using an RCA connection, BryWI is correct. You have to select whichever input you connected the jacks to.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:28 pm

If you have the connections plugged into connectors on the TV marked LINE IN, Video 1 or something similar, as long as it says IN, you may need to change the input on your TV. There should be a button on the TV or remote that says Input Select, TV/Video or something similar. Changing that to match whatever the inputs on the TV are labeled will get you the right channel.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 am

Basic rule of thumb when connecting any AV equipment is where do you want the signal to go? You want it to come OUT of the console and INto the TV !
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Devoid
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Devoid » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:47 pm

Great thanks for everybody's help. There was a menu button on the TV remote which bought up a kind of control panel where one could alter between the inputs, and now everything is working perfect. So thanks again for getting me up and running!