Is it possible to beat any game?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Is it possible to beat any game?

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:22 am

I have decided to give up playing games on anything other than my 3DO. Meaning that I will dedicate even more time to completing 3DO games for 40days and 40 nights. Just like Jesus.

However - it has struck me that some games on my dear old 3DO are demonstrably hard - do you think 'any' game is beatable?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:03 am

Blasphemy aside, I'm quite curious to know what games you find too hard (sorry, but I'll forever be an awe that you found Space Hulk not that tough) I'm sure no game in recent times can make it to market unless it is beatable (what w/testers & all)

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:27 am

Most complete games are beatable with time. The problem is, there are alot not worth the time (Shadow: war of succession comes to mind). Way of the Warrior became ALOT easier using another controller than the standard, but still is a pain to play to see the best ending, even on easy, it kicks most people's butts just through sheer about of cheese. lol

The only final press game that I've played on hardest setting and not beaten on any machine is MUTANT LEAGUE FOOTBALL on Genesis, only because the hardest setting was originally designed to include more code for a contest (according to info from EA), but was pulled last minute and the game freaks out at the end.

When it comes down to it, patience and time is all you need. That and the occasional pizza... but I digress :).

Drax

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:09 pm

I beat Out of this World on 3DO. But I think I have beat just about every version of the game lol. Oh and Killing Time, I beat that one too.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:19 pm

Besides Space Hulk, whcih I thought went beyond hard (frustrating really ) I also found Shockwave & it's mission disc to be brutal! Even when I fianlly managed to complete a mission (no easy task), I often had to go back & play it again because I missed an objective :x These are probably the hardest games I've played. What do others think?

I'm not showing off - and maybe it's because PAL games run 17% slower. but I've beaten all the Shockwaves.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:36 pm

I've beaten all the Virtual Camermen games - 1 to 5. (My proudest moment!) All the onrail shooters. (Novastorm, Microcosm, Burning Soldier, Pyramid intruder, etc., etc.... all of them i think.) Immecenary. All the Shock Waves. I've aced Psychic Detective. Luciennes Quest. Road Rash. NFS. Both Wing Commanders. Strahl. Alone in the Dark. Another World. Space Hulk. Probably others.

...and a bunch of others but thanks to Gamefaqs and Buffas website :wink:

A lot, not all, when £40.00 for a video game was a lot and I felt financially pressured to get the most value for money.

I have noticed that I'm less inclined when I get the games for a few dollars each to labour away on a naff game.

3DO Kid.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:11 am

I'm not showing off - and maybe it's because PAL games run 17% slower. but I've beaten all the Shockwaves.
How strange that this quote appears in my post, since I have an NTSC machine. And, I have yet to beat Shockwave or Operation Jumpgate ??? Is this your way of messing w/my mind 3DOKid? :wink:

Good group of titles you've beaten by the way. Except Luciennes Quest ... I enjoyed the game very much, but it was anything but hard (far too easy as a matter of fact)

jwhazel
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jwhazel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:29 am

I recall beating PaTaank. Does Putt Putt joins the Parade count? :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:47 pm

PaTaank is a fairly easy, but cetainly great game! One of my favs! I never played the Putt Putt games, but I know they were reviewed well. Are they like point & click games for younger ones?

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:50 pm

I got all the way to the end of the Batman and Two Stupid Dogs cartoons on the Demo Disc.

jwhazel
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jwhazel » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:56 pm

Pataank took me quite awhile to get good at. These were back when video games didn't have [very good] save mechanisms. So if you wanted to beat a game, you played from start to end in one sitting. The only reason I played Puttputt was because (at least in the states) this was one of the bundled games for the goldstar. It wasn't that particularly great of a game. But I didn't have anything else to really play.
I got all the way to the end of the Batman and Two Stupid Dogs cartoons on the Demo Disc.
Which disc was this on?

Dryden
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dryden » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:00 pm

jwhazel wrote:
Which disc was this on?
The CD Sampler pack-in with the Panasonic FZ-1.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:28 pm

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha ha! :lol: The real question though, is how did you do w/the demo of the shell game from the Shelly Duval title?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:44 pm

Putt Putt goes to the moon is actually brilliant too. Weirdly - I actually enjoyed it a lot.