Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

The Demotivator

Post by Devin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:29 pm

Try the link below...

The Demotivator Link!

In work I spend an estimated £250 a year just on tea! Great little tool :twisted:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:57 pm

The danger with this is, I'll figure out I waste £250 on Tea, decide to take my flask of tea to work instead, blow £250, after three days stop taking the flask.

Anyway, I work from home. That's demotivating enough as it is.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:42 pm

£208 a year on Frome Valley Cider and £50 on Dairy Milk!

Lucky I don't smoke I guess :D

Your one of those consultant types aren't you kid? Expenses paid travel and that sort of thing, you have no worries :wink:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:19 pm

Devin wrote:£208 a year on Frome Valley Cider and £50 on Dairy Milk!

Lucky I don't smoke I guess :D

Your one of those consultant types aren't you kid? Expenses paid travel and that sort of thing, you have no worries :wink:
I am.

No worries? I wouldn't go that far. I do intend to expense my own funeral however. Just to spite them.

Expenses paid travel sucks. It really does. Firstly: it's kind of boring. Secondly: It's like: I'm in America, Germany, Israel, France but I don't get to see it. I see a meeting room and computer server room. It actually makes it worse. I'm so close to all the stuff I day-dreamed about as a kid, and I can't see it.

I went to Majorca on a cheap-ass sun filled week away, this year, first holiday in years (with my own money) and it was awesome. Mrs 3DOkid looks good in a swimsuit.

I've expend more expensive trips, and they always, always sucked. Hotels, flights, taxis are not what it's cracked up to be. It's good for my mum. She can sit gossiping to her mates:

(think in an English accent)

'Ohhh, arr 3DOkids off ta America', then 'ees off-ta Germany. 'e's been all over the place, gadding about.

She means: airport, aeroplane, taxi, hotel, taxi, airport, aeroplane.

I'm not moaning, jeez, things could be much, much, worse, it's just not that glamorous, that's all.

Well, okay, I had some good trips ;)

I went to Sweden a lot. it's a great country. And Swedish people are great. I had dinner over look Stockholm with a chap who was in the Swedish Kings guard and was served dinner by a celebrity Swedish Chef. (not the one from the muppets) .All expensed. PLus Ice skating, ate Reindeer, and went to the top night spots in Sweden. Expensed.

I went to Israel and swam with Dolphins and went snorkeling in the Red Sea. Which was utterly amazing. All expensed.

I've been drunk in France, Nice, in a top hotel. Over looking the bay. Expensed.

I've been in the Syrian Desert at an Oasis eating dinner. All expensed.

I've been to Church of the Holy Sepulchre. In Jerusalem. All expensed.

I've been to the vinyards of France and got drunk at an ancient, Megoverian, vine yard. So I was told! Expended.

I've been out all night on Yachts in the so-lent. Expensed.

I spent two nights in Mauritius, waiting for a computer server to turn up that never did. I started drinking at 2:00pm, and got drunk on a beach chatting to the pretty local girls. (who look Indian but speak a version of French - Creole) expensed.

I went Gambling in Suncity in South Africa while on a training course. All apart from the loosing money: expensed.

I've been gambling (Rolette and Black Jack) in Mayfair Hotel, Park Lane, London.

I played Volley ball, badly, in Texas. I drove in a Corvette ZR-1 on the Texas Speedway: Expensed.

every trip to Dave and Busters... expensed.

Okay, okay. LOL. The answer is: Even if you're technical, join sales. ;)

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:05 am

Some people never go beyond the limits of the city they were born in!

Sad, but very true. Once worked with a guy that thought a trip to Bath from Bristol (15 miles) was pure decadence! :shock:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:54 am

Devin wrote:Some people never go beyond the limits of the city they were born in!

Sad, but very true. Once worked with a guy that thought a trip to Bath from Bristol (15 miles) was pure decadence! :shock:
Sounds like my parents. And their families. "You mean... there is a world beyond Derby? Madness. Pure madness.!"