WHat are you playing right now?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

WHat are you playing right now?

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:42 pm

I just finished La Pucelle: Tactics on the PS2 and I'm a bit 'all-at-sea' at the moment.

I tried playing Suikoden - but it's a bit complicated.
I tried playing Fahrenheit - but it's, well, meh.
I tried Armored Core - but it's a bit busy.

...I know what is going to happen, I'm going to end up playing NFS carbon or something.

C'mon, what should I be playing? I need something to get my teeth into.

3DO Kid.

User avatar
Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Devin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:44 pm

Just finished Prey. If you got a PC that can make this game fly then it's well worth the £5 asking price from play.com.

I love Company of Heroes and you will too if RTS is your thing. Trying out Stalker but not particularly impressed by that game at the moment.

Looking forward to a bit of God Hand on PS2 now it's come down to a more reasonable £15 with a free T-Shirt to boot from shopto.net.

User avatar
Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by Dengar13 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:15 pm

I am playing Madden 07 on the pc now...can't wait for 08.

User avatar
Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 6:59 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by Dengar13 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:55 am

Switched to Battlefield 2 for the pc...love that game!

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:29 am

I'm currently playing Xenosaga for the PS2. I got up to the last area about a year ago but my characters were too underleveled to win so I just quit playing it. I was about to continue from that point the other day but seeing as how I could only remember about half the plot I decided to just start a new game instead.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

User avatar
bonefish
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by bonefish » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:59 am

Currently playing Beyond Good & Evil for xbox (also on ps2 and cube). Great game, kind of like a popcorn futuristic zelda.
I highly recommend this game.


Just finished Jade Empire, amazing game. The uncheesy chinese setting is excellent.

Farcry: Instincts, an easy, fun, nice to look at fps.

OlderGames
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm
Contact:

Post by OlderGames » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:42 am

I'm playing DataBase Administrator: KNURDZ Edition. It's a pain
in the ass when you get to the later stages because a horde of
bugs start shooting errors at you until you run out of coffee and
pass out.

And...
I'm stuck on friggin level fourteen.

Good news is this querymonster just dropped a +1 to charisma
so I think I'm gonna level up soon.

:crosses fingers:

umm...

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 am

OlderGames wrote:I'm playing DataBase Administrator: KNURDZ Edition. It's a pain
in the ass when you get to the later stages because a horde of
bugs start shooting errors at you until you run out of coffee and
pass out.

And...
I'm stuck on friggin level fourteen.

Good news is this querymonster just dropped a +1 to charisma
so I think I'm gonna level up soon.

:crosses fingers:

umm...
I've played the sequel to this, almost every day since as far back as I can remember. It's called: "Where did that packet go?" using the mighty powers of ethereal and sage-like 'syslog' you have to track down a missing packet.

Level 7 is where everything gets funky, when the punter screams "My headers always look like that..."

Crazy stuff.

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:23 am

UnholyTancred wrote:I'm currently playing Xenosaga for the PS2. I got up to the last area about a year ago but my characters were too underleveled to win so I just quit playing it. I was about to continue from that point the other day but seeing as how I could only remember about half the plot I decided to just start a new game instead.
This happened to me in FFVIII. I play RPGs like I play Ridge Racer. I go as far, and as fast as I can. Then I hit a brick wall of some boss or other and end up having to replay the whole game again.

User avatar
NikeX
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by NikeX » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Hellnight - PSX.
This game makes me depressive.
Interesting story, but absolutely dead.
I'm near the fusion reactor at the moment,
so it seems this trip is gonna end soon.
I'll put the outro on youtube, maybe.

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:57 pm

I just tried Amoured Core 4 again (God - I do so love working from home!) and, i think, the dream of big stompy robot games is considerably better than the reality.

I just fought like hell to finish, yet another personality free level, for the billionth time I might add, to learn that I lost money on the battle. Too many sniper shots? I just want to kill stuff - why is it so damned hard these days?

User avatar
pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:55 pm
Location: GREECE

Post by pitsunami » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:13 pm

Virtua fighter 4 on naomi2, trying to increase my technique to kick my friend's a$$!

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:48 pm

3DOKid wrote:
UnholyTancred wrote:I'm currently playing Xenosaga for the PS2. I got up to the last area about a year ago but my characters were too underleveled to win so I just quit playing it. I was about to continue from that point the other day but seeing as how I could only remember about half the plot I decided to just start a new game instead.
This happened to me in FFVIII. I play RPGs like I play Ridge Racer. I go as far, and as fast as I can. Then I hit a brick wall of some boss or other and end up having to replay the whole game again.
Haha. Yea it already happened to me with Radiata Stories and Star Ocean 3. I still remember most of Star Ocean 3 since it hasn't been that long since I last played it. I'm just up to some weird ass Peter Pan boss that's cheap as hell and kills everyone almost instantly.

I stopped playing Radiata Stories about a year and a half ago. Not because I got stuck or anything but because I had this horrible experience of where I stopped playing video games for about 8 months. It was frightening.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:13 am

I get that too. All games seem rubbish and I'm not interested for ages. Then...

What's worse is that I got that, then randomly paid over the odds for La Purcelle Tactics, enjoyed it to bits and now can't find a suitable substitute.

Amoured Core is absolutely souless by the way. The game gives you no reason to try. It's a shame because with a bit of personality this game would have been great! But - it gives you no reason to fight.

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:55 am

3DOKid wrote:What's worse is that I got that, then randomly paid over the odds for La Purcelle Tactics, enjoyed it to bits and now can't find a suitable substitute.
Have you played Disgaea: Hour of Darkness? It has pratically the same battle system and 2D graphics. It's made by the same company too.

I couldn't get into either Disgaea or La Pucelle Tactics. The horrible voice acting and little kids as heroes. I can't stand that crap.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:20 am

up until La Purcelle me neither. The voice acting did grate on me too. And, to make matters worse, I had to play the sanitised version. i.e. all the Christian symbolism taken out and Croix wasn't allowed to smoke, still the battles weren't randomised and it was very straightforward, so sort of relaxing. I'll check out Disgaea. Thanks!

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:26 pm

3DOKid wrote:up until La Purcelle me neither. The voice acting did grate on me too. And, to make matters worse, I had to play the sanitised version. i.e. all the Christian symbolism taken out and Croix wasn't allowed to smoke, still the battles weren't randomised and it was very straightforward, so sort of relaxing. I'll check out Disgaea. Thanks!
No smoking? It's Resident Evil all over again!

At least Xenosaga was translated over in all it's tobacco filled glory.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:31 pm

It's incredible isn't it? A cartoon character can't smoke in video game. It's banned every where.

User avatar
Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Devin » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:31 pm

3DOKid wrote:It's incredible isn't it? A cartoon character can't smoke in video game. It's banned every where.
It's okay to kill people though! :?

This thought struck me the other day whilst watching a film about a bunch of kids living it up on drugs. Movie was 'Human Traffic', brilliant script that wasn't particularly graphic when it came to the drugs content yet it gets an 18 rating. Then you look at the number of 15 rated movies where they machine gun down 20 odd people and that's considered relatively light entertainment? That's not even to mention sex in movies, instant 18 rating for a perfectly natural human action! I really don't get it.

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:37 am

Devin wrote:
3DOKid wrote:It's incredible isn't it? A cartoon character can't smoke in video game. It's banned every where.
It's okay to kill people though! :?

This thought struck me the other day whilst watching a film about a bunch of kids living it up on drugs. Movie was 'Human Traffic', brilliant script that wasn't particularly graphic when it came to the drugs content yet it gets an 18 rating. Then you look at the number of 15 rated movies where they machine gun down 20 odd people and that's considered relatively light entertainment? That's not even to mention sex in movies, instant 18 rating for a perfectly natural human action! I really don't get it.
Yup just as wacky over here in the states. They just made it so smoking gets a movie an automatic R rating, forget that you can see it in front of the theater when you go to any film.
Hell even our fav TV cartoon characters are being taken away, Speedy Gonzales for one is no where to be found. Why? Because he's Mexican! I should move... maybe to Mexico. :lol:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:34 am

What was wrong with Speedy being Mexican?

It's the same with nudity. You can machine gun a room full of people, but if one of the women is topless it gets slapped with cert 18. It does seem daft.

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:59 am

3DOKid wrote:What was wrong with Speedy being Mexican?

It's the same with nudity. You can machine gun a room full of people, but if one of the women is topless it gets slapped with cert 18. It does seem daft.
I think they removed Speedy because it was one of those cartoons done back in the day to stereotype people. He gave a negative depiction of Mexicans so when Americans finally opened their eyes just slightly dozens of years, later the show was removed.

At least Solid Snake was always allowed to smoke. Even back on the NES with the first Metal Gear. It doesn't always depend on the console or the regulations. It could be what the publisher wants.

Have any of you played the incredibly unique and innovative yet utterly cheap and low-budgeted Disaster Report and Raw Danger for the PS2? Well if Hitler would be alive he'd be damn proud of the translation job done for the games' release in the USA and Europe.

The original games were set in made up Japanese cities and almost every character was Japanese. When they released the games outside of Japan almost every character was given blond hair. Aryanization (yes I know the real Aryans are Indians and Iranians but don't spoil the fun).

It's ridiculous.

To make things better, the street signs and names of shops are in Japanese yet 3/4's of the characters are blond and have American names.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

User avatar
Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Devin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:30 am

When was the last time you saw Tom and Jerry on TV? I few years I bet!

Why? Because of the 'cartoon' violence' and they also smoked in a few episodes! Stopid censorshp :x

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:36 pm

Has racism and smoking been stamped out then? I really hope so because otherwise it's f**king pathetic. I love Speedy.

User avatar
UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:49 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Contact:

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Devin wrote:When was the last time you saw Tom and Jerry on TV? I few years I bet!

Why? Because of the 'cartoon' violence' and they also smoked in a few episodes! Stopid censorshp :x
Personally I haven't seen it since I was a kid but that's because I stopped watching cartoons when I was in junior high and I stopped watching TV 3 years ago.

My 7 year old half-brother on the other hand does watch it when it comes on. I don't know how frequently they show it. I believe they cut out the smoking bits or don't air those episodes. I wouldn't really know. But they still do show 'em as well the Tom & Jerry animated movies.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4682
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:26 pm

I'm playing Command and Conquer. And it's just beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Post by Lemmi » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:48 pm

i started playing War Craft 2 on the Saturn again
ive got the bug, plus i havent played the campaigns since the late 90's
i also havent played as the Orcs yet either which im doing now :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:33 pm

This thread hasn't had much action in a while. This is what I am playing at the moment ...

3DO - Crash n' burn (classic)
Xbox - Syberia (I love point & click games)
DS - Final Fantasy, Chocobo Tales (much better than I thought)

Next I'm gonna be hooking my Saturn up to play some Zapper games.

User avatar
BryWI
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by BryWI » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:17 am

PC: Half-Life 2: Episode 2
PC: NHL 08
PC: Command & Conquer 3
Saturn: Trying Misc. games.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:17 pm

BryWI wrote:PC: Half-Life 2: Episode 2
PC: NHL 08
PC: Command & Conquer 3
Saturn: Trying Misc. games.
Saturn working out then? I hope so man.

I am playing ANYTHING that IS'NT HALO 3! :roll:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Post Reply