3do forum signs me out every time

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

3do forum signs me out every time

Post by a31chris » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:31 am

I have to sign in every time. Even if I tell 3do forum to keep me signed in it signs me out. (cookies enabled)

Also after a while my passwords won't work and I have to change them.

Puzzling and frustrating.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3do forum signs me out every time

Post by goldenband » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:35 am

a31chris wrote:I have to sign in every time. Even if I tell 3do forum to keep me signed in it signs me out. (cookies enabled)
I have that problem frequently, though not always. No idea what causes it, but it seems to be related to being active on the forums -- if I stay away for a while, I'm often still signed in when I get back.
a31chris wrote:Also after a while my passwords won't work and I have to change them.
That's never happened to me, however.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:28 am

i had this problem way back, the way i fixed it was to try another link to the forums to replace the one i was using with a new one
i searched google (you might have to use yahoo to find this place lol ) then used that one, this was back in 2009 i think

i never had my password stop working tho thats a new one to me
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:28 am

Lovely weather were having... :|

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 am

Wish I could relate (OK, maybe not), but I don't have this problem. Just signed in from a different browser I last used six months ago, I still connected fine.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm an admin but that's about it. I don't have access to the under the hood stuff. I can delete a user, add a user, create a forum, that's about. How it handles cookies and stuff is the responsibility of the site admin, Devin. and i've not heard from him years sadly.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:17 am

3DOKid wrote:I'm an admin but that's about it. I don't have access to the under the hood stuff. I can delete a user, add a user, create a forum, that's about. How it handles cookies and stuff is the responsibility of the site admin, Devin. and i've not heard from him years sadly.
That's a bit alarming since if Devin's AWOL, the site could disappear at any moment, no? :( If you wouldn't mind dropping him another line, that'd be great. I hope he's OK!

EDIT: Just checked, and the domain is at least registered through June 2017.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:42 am

Lemmi wrote:i had this problem way back, the way i fixed it was to try another link to the forums to replace the one i was using with a new one
i searched google (you might have to use yahoo to find this place lol ) then used that one, this was back in 2009 i think

i never had my password stop working tho thats a new one to me
I will try that.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman