Anyone have Resident Evil Code Veronica X ?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Post Reply
User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Anyone have Resident Evil Code Veronica X ?

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:22 am

I have Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for the GameCube but like many of my game boxes it got water damage. I want to print out a new cover but I haven't found a scan with quality up to my standards. Does anyone have one that they could scan the cover of for me? No need to touch up I can do all of that myself. Can even post before and after pics if you'd like as I still have the yucky cover. (too bad I can't fix the plastic case)

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:59 am

Sorry, don't have the Cube version (why is it so expensive compared to the DC & PS2 versions?) Hope you find a good scan though.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:14 pm

like a fool, i sold my a whle back. a decision i regret.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Is it very expensive and/or hard to find?

User avatar
Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Fairfax, VA
Contact:

Post by Austin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 am

Do a Google image search, there are some high-res scans of it there. Just sort by size "Large" and the first few that pop up are quality scans (one I am looking at is 3240 × 2175). I'd link to it, but it's blocked at work, all I can do is the search.

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:40 am

grimm wrote:Is it very expensive and/or hard to find?
It's not really hard to find, but it does tend to sell for like $35-$40. Considering the DC version & PS2 port can be found for a little over $5, it's hard to justify the cost ...

It's possible the Cube version has some extras I'm not aware of. At the very least it probably has the best visuals. I know I played the PS2 version not that long ago, and some scenes were painful.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Austin wrote:Do a Google image search, there are some high-res scans of it there. Just sort by size "Large" and the first few that pop up are quality scans (one I am looking at is 3240 × 2175). I'd link to it, but it's blocked at work, all I can do is the search.
Yeah and the scans are terrible. I have the one you are talking about, it weighs in at less than a meg and the scanner used seemed to be cheap. I need something that will print out decent.

I don't know why the GameCube one goes for so much. I have it on both DC and GC. There are more cut scenes in X and I've heard that the GC has slightly better graphics and faster load times, not sure about the graphics part as they are both only ports of the DC but it did come out years later, the faster load times does make sense. Yet I've never tried both versions of X.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Trev wrote:
grimm wrote:Is it very expensive and/or hard to find?
It's not really hard to find, but it does tend to sell for like $35-$40. Considering the DC version & PS2 port can be found for a little over $5, it's hard to justify the cost ...

It's possible the Cube version has some extras I'm not aware of. At the very least it probably has the best visuals. I know I played the PS2 version not that long ago, and some scenes were painful.
I see. thanks for filling me in.

User avatar
Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Fairfax, VA
Contact:

Post by Austin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:38 am

3DO Experience wrote:
Austin wrote:Do a Google image search, there are some high-res scans of it there. Just sort by size "Large" and the first few that pop up are quality scans (one I am looking at is 3240 × 2175). I'd link to it, but it's blocked at work, all I can do is the search.
Yeah and the scans are terrible. I have the one you are talking about, it weighs in at less than a meg and the scanner used seemed to be cheap. I need something that will print out decent.

I don't know why the GameCube one goes for so much. I have it on both DC and GC. There are more cut scenes in X and I've heard that the GC has slightly better graphics and faster load times, not sure about the graphics part as they are both only ports of the DC but it did come out years later, the faster load times does make sense. Yet I've never tried both versions of X.
Yeah, sorry about that. Since it's blocked here at work all I could see was the thumbnail, so I assumed it would look fine.

As far as the game being more expensive, it probably didn't sell as well as the others. I mean, it was a bit of an easy cash-in, considering there weren't any real enhancements as far as I can tell over the PS2 version. People overlooked it, probably for good reason (i.e., they already had it/played it elsewhere). It unfortunately didn't get the same awesome treatment that the original Resident Evil remake had. It would have been sweet if it did!

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: Anyone have Resident Evil Code Veronica X ?

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:51 am

Still looking for this, I could even do with someone's raw scan at 300dpi. I can fix it up myself.
If someone has it I'll give you full res files of my custom spines. I can make changes if you request.

Image
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Post Reply