Motorstorm - PS3

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Motorstorm - PS3

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 am

Anyone played the latest Motorstorm? looks like the series peaked at Pacific Rift.

The first one was a technical demo."Ooh look, squishy mud." and was hated, unfairly due to PR and Marketing lies from Sony but it was okay as a game. A diddle at £40 for a demo but, there wasn't much else to play to be honest, and it was fun while it lasted.

Then came Pacific Rift. Which was awesome all day, all night. I bought it cheap (£10?) and loved it too bits, it was really, genuinely, a fun game.

Now I have Apocalypse. Meh. They've tacked on some god-awful angry cartoon characters, which are entirely unnecessary. The realism has been stretched to breaking point. The graphics are busy, when they are good they are good, when they are okay, they are busy.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:32 am

I liked the first game at twenty bucks, but missed the second. Does it matter if I go right to the third?

(Also, invading from the other thread, I didn't understand "health tourist". Is it a hostel thing? Here that means basically "slum apartment")

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17 pm

2nd one is the best.

'Health tourist'

It's when people from other EU countries visit other EU countries because their countries health care is either crap or expensive or worse none-existent. The Brits go to Eastern Europe for cheap (and potentially dangerous) cosmetic surgery, and for example, Romanians come here to (aside from steal our cars) miraculously catch long term illnesses. Christ cured the sick, UK Border Control seemingly creates them. It's weird.

It is, of cause, all Tony Blairs fault.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Pacific Rift was one of those games where I loved the demo so much, i bought the damn game.

I loved the variety. Vehicles, tracks, and weather. Big ass air or big ass trucking.... It's a sweet game.

I demo'd Apocalypse and it didnt feel like motorstorm.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Ah, no, we don't have those per se. Any illegal immigrants stupid enough to apply for benefits will have one of two things happen:

1. Back to Mexico, even if you're not from there.

2. You get benefits and have to go in once a month to pay a bribe to your case worker or it's back to Mexico. This is a shockingly common arrangement.