Hospital food

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Hospital food

Post by Vance » Wed May 25, 2011 4:49 am

I've had some time to register my full dislike of many, many things people are moronic enough to put in food. The average Western idea of "edible" is horrifying. I mean why not have a higher volume of red and green peppess than the actual BREAKFAST they cover? So you can make it to age 24 and be able to tell the difference between gravy and tea, that's why.

One of the things that horrifies me all by itself is mayonaise. I come around to condiments very slowly and endure weird stares when I eat dry salad

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed May 25, 2011 5:01 am

(I like crisp vegetables and not murdering the nutritional value of) but mayo? The ads lie unless they say this:

Mayonaise: Say hello to bad breath, fat, and empty calories.

Mayonaise: Finally, eating semen without the social stigma.

Mayonaise: Raping the shit out of eggs and macaroni since the point where you became a culinary slob.

Even good foods suck at the hospital. I have a carton of apple juice. It's 4oz. That is the largest size you can get. It's also the proper serving size if you're the

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed May 25, 2011 5:05 am

world's smallest woman and you just had some horrible accident so that somebody else has to feed you.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Hospital food

Post by 3DOKid » Wed May 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Vance wrote:I've had some time to register my full dislike of many, many things people are moronic enough to put in food. The average Western idea of "edible" is horrifying. I mean why not have a higher volume of red and green peppess than the actual BREAKFAST they cover? So you can make it to age 24 and be able to tell the difference between gravy and tea, that's why.

One of the things that horrifies me all by itself is mayonaise. I come around to condiments very slowly and endure weird stares when I eat dry salad
Just a minute, the NHS is funded by the masses and ruled by a penny pinching government. Who prefer to save their money by rationing out pea's in Hospitals, so they can get our penny-pinched soldiers to shoot at foreigners. Which is obviously more expensive than sick people, and makes for better television. (sick people make lousy TV -- sorry mate, it's true)

...but you're an American. You're paying for this. Directly, as opposed to how we do, indirectly. I bet you have feedback forms and everything. Surely you can complain?

Nice pork chop with apple sauce and mash potatoes or something.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 25, 2011 10:25 pm

There is nothing we can do, food is like this in every hospital in America. It's like hospital cooks take an oath to make the food as bad as they can wiout burning it,
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm

That's weird. Mainly because when I'm in the US I find the pleasant customer service and general care given to customer service, including food, really refreshing. I thought in a US Private Hospital it would be like hotel with health club.

The hospitals in the US are like Japanese ones right? Privately owned and run by Doctors? (Unlike the UK ones that are public owned and run by MS Excel)

Also, while I'm on the subject, are American girls, like Japanese ones, still brought up being told to marry BMW driving first born sons of Doctors? (in the uk they are bought up to marry David Beckham -- which is obviously a bigger challenge ;) ) but...

Just curious. :)

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Thu May 26, 2011 7:07 pm

American hospitals are typically run by huge "gifts" from drug manufacturers. I went to a free clinic and walked out with two excellent prescriptions. A big private hospital, same health issue? EIGHT KINDS OF PILLS.

That helps breakfast go down.

Now this private hospital also had a menu that was at least three stars, if you didn't mind paying five star prices. I think the entire hospital bill before insurance was something like $10,000/day.

As for the women, there are all types but the average LA girl

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Thu May 26, 2011 7:12 pm

is like a subtle version of a Korean woman. Be obviously well-off and 80% of the deal is already done. I'd never seen such mercenary personals until moving here.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 27, 2011 8:00 am

Vance wrote:American hospitals are typically run by huge "gifts" from drug manufacturers. I went to a free clinic and walked out with two excellent prescriptions. A big private hospital, same health issue? EIGHT KINDS OF PILLS.

That helps breakfast go down.

Now this private hospital also had a menu that was at least three stars, if you didn't mind paying five star prices. I think the entire hospital bill before insurance was something like $10,000/day.

As for the women, there are all types but the average LA girl
I was talking to Mrs 3DOKid about this. She has a nagging distrust of the NHS due to the lack of pills dished out. In Japan you leave a trip to the doctors with potential flu for instance rattling like Maracas, in the UK you leave with a nagging doubt you might die.

I once went to hospital because I had this incredible rash on my arms and half my back. Like measles but I was a bit old for measles, and it wasn't all over. I felt like crap and couldn't breath. I was away on business and started to get into a panic. So, I hopped into a taxi and went to the hospital. They said it was interesting, and they 'hadn't seen anything like it before' couldn't give me any calamine lotion (to stop the insane itchyness) because i was out of my region, and sent me back to the hotel.

Another time, this was when i first started working and was eager, I had been working silly hours (real stupid) and not eating properly, I had a fit of faintings. After fainting the 3rd time during a presentation I was delivering, my colleagues somewhat concerned, took me to hospital where I was diagnosed as a bit warm and probably tired and prescribed a nice cup of tea. They were right, but there is no way on earth they could have known I wasn't dying.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri May 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah, the free clinics in Florida were huge fans of strict borders. The one here asked for an ID, but didn't even slow down at the fact that I had nothing. Real champs.

I know nothing about Japanese healthcare. I was very Henry Rollins in health when I lived there, and made it a quest to know as little about the place to make it more interesting.

And now I'm three hours away from radioactive isotope treatment. Hoo boy.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 27, 2011 7:28 pm

good luck matey.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat May 28, 2011 12:35 am

Time to sleep off a heavy dose of fuckyouupium. I have definite instructions on how not to kill people by standing too close.