I'm recommending RF Generation to all of you...

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

I'm recommending RF Generation to all of you...

Post by oldskool » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:46 pm

RF Generation is a website/forums place, similar to here except it's also got collection cataloging tools.

You can input all of your games into it, tell it if you have the boxes, manuals, etc etc. You can also input all of your hardware, controllers, even AC Adapters and AV cables. It's a pretty awesome place. If you are registered you can view other people's collections. You can also set certain games to be up for sale, for trade, etc etc. You can make a wish list and see who's got what you are looking for. It's pretty awesome.

I just recently inputed almost 550 different games and consoles, and still have about 50 more games to catalog. The ones that I have yet to catalog are all PC and Virtual Console games, so I'm in no hurry there.

Anyways, if you are already a member you can check out my collection at the link below. If you are not a member you can register then check it out.

It's pretty nice to just point someone to your collection so they can see what you have, rather than manually typing things all the time.

Some information from their FAQ:

"What is the RF Generation Collection Software used for?
The software is intended to allow video game collectors everywhere to have a place on the web to keep track of their video game collections. Not only can collectors keep a running tally of the number of cartridges, boxes, and manuals they own of each game in our ever-growing database, but they can also show off their collections to other collectors around the globe without having to send giant Word or Excel documents to one another.

Additionally, the software allows collectors to see what games other site members are interested in buying, trading, and selling. Through the message board Personal Messaging system, collectors can find other collectors in their area and arrange trades, sales, and purchases easily, while building a strong community of collectors and gamers alike."

www.rfgeneration.com

My collection (must be registered):

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/col ... Collection

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:49 am

Is it downloadable software or just on the site? It sounds really cool.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:37 am

3DO Experience wrote:Is it downloadable software or just on the site? It sounds really cool.
its just on the site, last time i checked. i still use the cart commander from 2002 and no way would i put all 1500+ games into an online site
i have free time but not that much :)

is there a place to put notes on each game? because no matter how complete people might say something is there will always be alittle something missing that you need to write in
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:08 am

It's online, which is actually nice. You can point people to your collection. And it's also nice for insurance purposes. What if your house burns down, with the computer that you've got all of your games logged into. Yeah I tried cart commander, was not too impressed by it, maybe I just needed to get into it a bit more.

As far as a place to put notes, yeah there is a spot for that. But for anyone else to see those notes they have to click advanced view.

Also, I thought that you had to be registered to view collections, but I may have been wrong about that.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:29 am

oldskool wrote:What if your house burns down, with the computer that you've got all of your games logged into.
Insurance companies will want proof that you actually have all that stuff. SO would would have to send pics and a print out before hand. I don't even have renter's insurance because they only cover up to $2,000 in electronics. My LaserDisc player alone is worth half of that. When I (eventually) buy a house I will be in good hands though.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"