New games suck

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

New games suck

Post by Vance » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:24 am

Every Sunday I get a list of upcoming games. I tend to enter them into the website on a Monday that tends to fall about six months later. Well, let's paly catch-up.

Super Scribblenauts - I'm not going to say this thing is gonna be bad or anything, but you could put TurdMaker 3000 on the DS and it'd sell a mint. Wait, they did that already. A lot.

Fable III - Hopefully this'll live up to the promise Peter Molyneux made. For Fable I. I'm mostly just expecting a lot of gay sex and a below-average action-RPG.

Fallout New Vegas - From the description... "Welcome to Vegas. New Vegas. It’s the kind of town where you dig your own grave prior to being shot in the head and left for dead…and that’s before things really get ugly." Actually, they're getting New Vegas mixed up with the old one. This one probably doesn't have a ton of gold-digging Koreans in clubs, though.

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 - How do you spot closet case white trash? They request this.

Sims 3 - At last, Electronic Arts can finally wet themselves for joy. DLC is here for consoles and so is the new Sims. This one will drop you into a white room for the tutorial, then give you a ball on a string and perpetual motion machine to play with. Then you're going to realize you have to pay real money for each ground tile, floor tile, walling unit, and bit of genital.

Time Crisis: Razing Storm - How do you piss off Wii fanboys? You point out that the Move is virtually the same thing. You're going to have to put up with at least three minutes of listening to reasons it's not, but the both of you will know that deep in the other person's heart, there's a large spiderweb crack that just got widened.

Naruto Ultim oh screw this waste of space.

Rock of the Dead - If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of game developer Tommo giving up.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:37 am

Actually agree with you on every single point Vance ,

One of us must be drunk

*applauds Vance's post
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:38 am

All my (male) co-workers who are gamers ask me if I've played this game or that game. I mentioned wanting to buy a 360 and they are like, "why haven't you bought one? They are only $200 now!"

I keep telling them I enjoy the older games so much more, I want a 360 for only 3 reasons:

1. AvP
2. Ghostbusters (the only non-cartoony version)
3. HD-DVD drive (so I can watch one movie)
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:27 am

What movie?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 am

The Ghostbusters game is fun! Doesn't have too much replay value but still, it occupied me for a week or two.

Can you still find the HD-DVD drive add-on for 360? I suppose people are probably getting rid of those things left and right.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:45 am

BryWI wrote:Can you still find the HD-DVD drive add-on for 360? I suppose people are probably getting rid of those things left and right.
Yep. If I remember right, they are really cheap now, too. I'm thinking about picking up one myself, just to take some wear off my system's drive when I want to watch movies (Hell, maybe pick up a few HD-DVDs in the process, considering people are unloading them like it's the cool thing to do).

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:15 am

I have never seen a whole category clear as fast as HD-DVD. Everybody wanted to get rid of it before it went completely bubonic.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 pm

3DO Experience wrote:All my (male) co-workers who are gamers ask me if I've played this game or that game. I mentioned wanting to buy a 360 and they are like, "why haven't you bought one? They are only $200 now!"

I keep telling them I enjoy the older games so much more, I want a 360 for only 3 reasons:

1. AvP
2. Ghostbusters (the only non-cartoony version)
3. HD-DVD drive (so I can watch one movie)
Ghostbusters is over rated. You would be wasting your money to buy it for that. It's actually boring and confusing.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:58 pm

I've already played Ghostbusters on the Wii but I hate the cartoon crap look it has. I want Tremors on HD. My LaserDisc looks and sounds better than the DVD that got released.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"