3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:20 am

That really is awesome.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:21 pm

I like the name.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Awesome namedrop!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:01 pm

"Oh hey, you guys moved over here?"

"Yep." We used to be basically across the street.

"You have any job openings?"

"Afraid not."

"Oh, okay. Hey, do you have a 360?"

"Sure."

"You should play that Halo Reach. It's really good."

"..."

"My friend downloaded it two weeks ago, before it came out."

"You know what? Maybe we'll be hiring in the near future. Fill this out."

"Okay!"

So he fills it out and spells a lot of the words correctly. Leaves. I take the application in back where I keep the Scientology personality tests, transcribe the info, and mark out random answers.

Why people feel the need to tell a guy who sells this stuff for a living that they steal it is beyond me.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 pm

haHA!

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:03 am

I just realize... it took 2am to do this to my brain... that if this place is Outer Heaven, then I need a nametag that says Big Boss or Snake. I already have an Otacon.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:46 pm

Well since it's your shop Big Boss would be appropriate on more than one level.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:12 am

A $500 investment for the coffee machine and supplies. A REALLY GOOD one, espresso and latte with the milk thing and whatnot. Considering going for it.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:22 am

I'll have to incorporate this thread into my daily wake-up routine. :lol:

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:38 am

Here comes a cluster f-bomb, for those of you who get offended by such things.

Okay, granted there is downloading of recent stuff. I have a dim, but not strong, opinion of this activity. Hell, it's the only way to play any PC game made before 2003.

But when people, with their annoying goat laughs and tattoos where their clothing budget should be, when they stand outside the store and proclaim really loudly to their friends that they could "just download all that stuff", that is when somebody FUCKING PISSED IN THEIR ALREADY SLOW MOTHER. I mean I know the chances of genetic depression stack 25% per parent who suffers, but where does this towering goddamn retardation come from? A USC professor who teaches at their gaming department came in, we had a chat, I almost clung to his leg like a desperately-starved cat when it was time for him to leave because I'm so fucking conversation deficient for being surrounded by people who describe each other as "dawg", somehow adding fifteen extra vowels and somehow making the w hard.

Hold on, I'm going to calm down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yufl382c ... re=related

I don't care if the woman has a less-than-stellar face, I like the way she sambas. Plus she seems to enjoy moving ass-first, which negates any problem I might have had in the first place.

There we go. Calm restored. I've had a love of womens' figure skating since about... I don't know, the first time I had an erection.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:30 am

"eh yo, u got taht madden jonx?"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Vance, honestly, you need to record this stuff with CCTV or something, then Youtube it. I swear it's a goldmine :)

Not wishing to pick cultural nits or anything, but I honestly thought that all American Males referred to each other as 'Dawwwg'. Then they do a funny walk where they wave one arm down towards their knee caps and then grab their ghoulies.. Even the chaps I work with, from right across America do it. They are all middle-class people who wear suits. :shock:

Imagine this in a suit (talking about computers with a degree of credibility)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojb6zEec ... re=related

That said, we do see a lot of people in this country doing this sort of thing too, but they are definitely mimicking Americans.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:23 pm

I was strongly considering placing the real situations I run into in the form of five minutes Youtube or Revver episodes akin to the static weirdness of Black Books. But that takes a lot more planning than I'm willing to commit right now.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:50 am

OMG Kid, when they imitate Americans and use the word dawg please correct them. Only degenerates and rap stars talk like that here.

Funny story. I was at my friend Michelle's party and this nice looking guy was trying to flirt with me. He was a little younger but nice looking so we started talking. He seemed very nice, didn't try to act like he was a big shot or anything (said he worked a job that I know only pays minimum wage), I thought I'd go on a date if he asked. Then one of his buddies came up to him and they did that holding hands while you hug-slap (by the way guys that looks homosexual to women watching) and then he called his friend dawg. I accidentally started giggling without holding it in and then I made up some excuse to walk away. Later I told Michelle about it and she said he was with a group of people she didn't really care for that invited themselves to the party.

If you act like an imbecile women will not want you unless you are loaded, and self respecting women won't want you even if you are.

PS. I like the camera idea, get a few of them with microphones. It would be a funny way to advertise!

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 am

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:43 am

3DO Experience wrote:OMG Kid, when they imitate Americans and use the word dawg please correct them. Only degenerates and rap stars talk like that here.

Funny story. I was at my friend Michelle's party and this nice looking guy was trying to flirt with me. He was a little younger but nice looking so we started talking. He seemed very nice, didn't try to act like he was a big shot or anything (said he worked a job that I know only pays minimum wage), I thought I'd go on a date if he asked. Then one of his buddies came up to him and they did that holding hands while you hug-slap (by the way guys that looks homosexual to women watching) and then he called his friend dawg. I accidentally started giggling without holding it in and then I made up some excuse to walk away. Later I told Michelle about it and she said he was with a group of people she didn't really care for that invited themselves to the party.

If you act like an imbecile women will not want you unless you are loaded, and self respecting women won't want you even if you are.

PS. I like the camera idea, get a few of them with microphones. It would be a funny way to advertise!
I gave them that troubled disapproving look I've been giving people since I was five years old. I remember it working to great affect when asked to dance to Boney-M at the school disco.

I was goaded into trash talk once, my response was: Okay. You're going to lose." To which they responded "Why?" to which i said: "Because you are a d*ck" -- they stopped talking to me after that :)

C'mon Vance, pull your finger out, that Gamestop video while amusing, is nothing compared to your mighty tales.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 am

Who has brand new copies of Chu Chu Rocket and Jet Grind Radio? Also perfect clones of the old, sued-out-of-existence Gamecube controllers and the white PS3 controllers? Why it's not your mother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga62uiXbEjI !

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:47 pm

It is 111 degrees outside and only lunatics are wandering around. The sun is about a quarter of a mile away and I'd like to be left in peace because any effort makes my heart hurt right now.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 am

I feel your pain Vance. I live in Torrance area. I just hopped in the car and the thermometer read 116.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 am

it's about 15 Deg here. I turned the central heating on last night.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 am

bitrate wrote:I feel your pain Vance. I live in Torrance area. I just hopped in the car and the thermometer read 116.
116 is probably the record for the area. Everybody in LA is either complaining about the heat, or complaining about the people complaining about the heat.

We'll all forgive each other in a couple of days, when this horrible sweating is over.

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:51 am

Craigslist is a good way to get a lot of people to see your store via special offers, but the problem is that most of the people looking for games on Craigslist are a bit out of touch with reality:

"I'm trying to get dead rising 2 would you accept trades for it?
You could pick 1 or maybe 2 games from the list below.
I have:
Gears of war 2
Red dead redemption
Darksiders
Bayonetta
PGR4
Forza 2/ Marvel Alliance"

I could pick one? MAYBE TWO? I don't think this guy is really considering how stores work. I'm refraining from writing back because it'll just cause trouble and the store's address was on the original post.