Are the new games releasing really that good?

Non-3DO related chat here please.

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Are the new games releasing really that good?

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:30 pm

Just like it says. Are you really impressed where the current generation of gaming is going? How long has it been since you played something "New" and felt it was really worth the time and money spent on it?
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Not really a new game, but I loved Shadow of the Collosus. The atmosphere was awesome and I found the puzzles fun.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:59 pm

the last game i bought new that i liked alot was
Xbox : Simpsons Hit and Run - and this was in 2005 for both the system and the game

i wont be buying any new consoles from now on as they are just computers that play games, and i can buy a modern computer for less then a console
i wont buy anything made by sony because im not a sheep
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 am

I have absolutely no interest in the PS3, Wii, or Xbox 360.

I've been barely playing my PS2 in the past year and very few of the games were remotely interesting. Shining Force Neo was fun for a few hours... but of course how can you possibly play the game longer than that with the horrible voice acting, clichéd plot, and generic bland gameplay.

God Of War was an over hyped piece of crap. What a terrible game. Yea sure the graphics are so nice but so what? I already played this before and had a lot more fun. Rygar and Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Those games were fun and enjoyable. I didn't feel like playing the same thing again though.

Shadow Of The Colossus did have great graphics. However running around on a retarded horse trying to find where the next giant is? Nothx. I got bored after fighting that eel underwater. The fights are breathtaking and simply gorgeous however the lack of plot and the boring exploration of an empty environment (except the lizards and apples) really killed it for me.

I got a hold of the first Xenosaga and I actually thought I was going to finish it. I was really really enjoying it and got 3/4's through the game. Then all the sudden it turned really hard with very difficult enemy fights so I dropped it after mass frustration. I will finish it... one day.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Mobius

Re: Are the new games releasing really that good?

Post by Mobius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:18 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Just like it says. Are you really impressed where the current generation of gaming is going? How long has it been since you played something "New" and felt it was really worth the time and money spent on it?
Super Mario 64. Everything since then has just been refining an old concept.

The Wii almost captured the same feeling with Wii Sports, but fell a little short. Still, it was enough to keep me addicted for a couple of months, which is more than any game from the PS2/Xbox/GameCube generation can say.

I have high hopes for the Wii still, and I really like where Nintendo is taking it with the variety of neat little channels. I have no interest in the Xbox 360 and PS3... Too "same-y".