Running an emulator, when you have a console?

4DO & Freedo, we have tried playing some 200 games on them - if you have a question we might be able to help!

Moderators: Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:14 pm

for me I found it was just easier to write the Wii off as a fluke and emulate my games on my PC instead. Just before Wii came out I was one of the biggest and blindest Nintendo fanboys ever, goto nintendoworldreport.com and look for my user name and see how bad I was. I used this same name and 1 alias, segagamer12 also, oh and animecyberrat too but ignore that guy.

Then about maybe a year into the Wii after everything I went through during the GC years I just discovered how lame Nintendo really was and abandoned them altogether. I still have nothing but love for DS and even 3DS but Wii was a joke in my opinion and it changed gaming in a bad way.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 am

I just did a little test. I have both my computer and 3DO hooked up to the same TV. A 32 inch Panasonic from around 2003. I had FreeDo running NFS fullscreen on input 1 and the 3DO running NFS on input 2. I had them on the exact same screen (the beginning of the race before you shift into 1st) and I have to say the 3DO looked MUCH better!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Well that test wouldn't be a very good comparison for many reasons on the computer side of things. There's too many variables. But whatever works for you!