New 3DO RGB mod

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
Taijigamer
3DO ZERO USER

New 3DO RGB mod

Post by Taijigamer » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 am

So I've just finished designing a new 3DO RGB board using the BU3616K encoder. As the old mod boards were unavailable. This board will work on all 3DO revisions (except FZ-10 with the Anvil chip or Creative Labs 3DO blaster). Installation is similar to old mod with 24 RGB wires, SYNC, CLK, 5V and GND.

More info can be found here https://assemblergames.com/threads/3do- ... ost-956474

I've included links to oshpark for ordering boards and also Eagle files incase people want to modify them to their needs. I could also provide ready made boards if there is enough demand.

Hopefully this will help to demystify the subject of RGB on the 3DO.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: New 3DO RGB mod

Post by Austin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:54 am

This is cool. Would you by chance know of reliable, regular sources that provide mod services? I see so many readily-available boards across a variety of platforms but no one can seem to suggest modders that charge to install something like this. I'd like to RGB mod one of my 3DO systems but it's way beyond my soldering skillset (which in and of itself is close to non-existent).

Taijigamer
3DO ZERO USER

Re: New 3DO RGB mod

Post by Taijigamer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi,

Check over at assemblergames.com or obscuregamers.com. They are an active forum with many skilled modders. Put out a request for service and there should be someone near you who can mod your console. Their prices are reasonable but u may have to ship your console.

I would suggest learning to solder if you have a lot of consoles you want modded. It takes a little practice but it's an invaluable skill when old retro hardware starts to go bad. I do all my own repairs and mods, must have saved hundreds £ over the years.