Unusual problems with FZ-1 and Road Rash

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
dark
3DO ZERO USER

Unusual problems with FZ-1 and Road Rash

Post by dark » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:57 pm

I have an unusual problem when trying to play Road Rash.

-It always loads to the main menu fine
-The videos and music play fine
-The first level plays fine
-All other levels will automatically reset the console instead of being playable.

Basically, if I choose any level other than the very first level, it will play an FMV just fine, go to a black screen, and then instead of loading the track with the driver at the starting line, there will be a half second blip of engine noise while the screen is still black, and then the 3DO will reset without any picture of the level ever coming up.

I looked at my retail pressed disc and there were some very minor surfacey scratches and no apparent signs of disc rot. I was all set to blame the problems on the minor scratches, so I got out my old CDR copy that I used to play on a different 3DO with no problems whatsoever.

Oddly enough, I have the EXACT same symptoms. Not only that, but the CDR copy was from a random file on the internet, so it cannot be some kind of odd issue with backing up a particularly flawed disc I might have.

This seems to me to point to an issue with the console itself, but what could possibly result in these odd symptoms? Furthermore, all my other retail games, including Need For Speed, Crash and Burn, and other racing games that you would think might be at least as strenuous on the system or require a similar amount of data to be loaded into ram, all play with no problems.

Anyone have any ideas? I wanna play Road Rash! :)

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Unusual problems with FZ-1 and Road Rash

Post by BryWI » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:53 am

Maybe deleting the save ram for road rash might fix it?