Panasonic 3do controller and the headphone jacks

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Panasonic 3do controller and the headphone jacks

Post by a31chris » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:11 am

How do I use these? I plugged in the headphones in them and it didn't do anything. Didn't pipe sound through the headphones. It didn't override the sound going to the tv. Yes I checked the volume.

How do I use these headphone jacks?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Panasonic 3do controller and the headphone jacks

Post by goldenband » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 am

I don't think it overrides the TV sound (does it?), but you should certainly hear something coming out of your headphones. I foolishly gave away both of my controllers with headphone jacks (the later, jackless gamepads have better feel IMHO), but when I had them, it was just a matter of plugging straight in and hearing sound.

It's an underrated feature -- being able to play at night without waking my wife, or running a long cable to my amp, was very handy.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:21 am

goldenband wrote:I don't think it overrides the TV sound (does it?), but you should certainly hear something coming out of your headphones. I foolishly gave away both of my controllers with headphone jacks (the later, jackless gamepads have better feel IMHO), but when I had them, it was just a matter of plugging straight in and hearing sound.

It's an underrated feature -- being able to play at night without waking my wife, or running a long cable to my amp, was very handy.
Over here in Portland Oregon is great, though I have little basis for comparison it seems this town is the Retro Gaming capital of the world. We have so many swap meets and I found this one in great condition for $8. And there were a bunch of others. I found some still in the original boxes for $8. Used but in good enough condition the box was still in the same condition.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:19 am

I will check to see if the headphones I used were good.